Sophia's Garden Resort
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspool and jacuzzigarden resortrelaxing placeper personsuperb servicepros and consromantic dinnertown centreexcellent staypeace and quietaffordable priceairport transfertocinominute tricycle riderestaurant staffneeds improvementisland hopping
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Loved this place, comfy and cosy, very relaxing and i would stay again. We were meant to stay at another hotel but they were fully booked, and the hotel staff got us this place which was pretty amazing <3

The other hotel had such crappy internet so it was very difficult to book and go to places but Sophia's had pretty decent internet!

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
3  Thank sahvanna k
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I bought a deal grocer voucher, which to begin with was not deeply discounted. I think I only saved 1k per night. We stayed here for 2N3D. Let me elaborate pros and cons of our stay below.

Pros:
Nice garden
Warm and kept clean pool
Spacious room

Cons:
Insufficient supplies (shampoo, soap, bath towels, coffee cup, glass for water, comforter) or not readily in place inside the room or bathroom which is expected to be enough for 4 occupants of a dormitory room. I had to call the front desk attention for those supplies mentioned. I felt disappointed that the room does not seem in order.

There is only 1 trashcan which is inside the bathroom. So inconvenient to toss trash as you need to walk all the way to the bathroom.

Oh the flies, they are just all over the dining area, attempts to rid them are ineffective.

The wifi access is not available inside the room.

The beds are so hard and the pillows so soft that your head will just sink.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Pam H
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

PROS:
- Large, high class and very clean family rooms.
- Very friendly and accommodating staff.
- The nature setting is very relaxing especially for people on a vacation.
- Service rides are on time and the drivers are friendly.
- You can even borrow board games at the main lobby.

CONS:
- Breakfast was free, but repetitive (this wasn't an issue for me because I only went for the cereal and fruits.)
- Wifi is usable, but not strong. Which was why I was always hanging out near the main lobby.
- Went for dinner at their restaurant one night, and it took them over an hour and a half to serve the food. (The food was not terrible, but nothing too surprising. Though we had a chance to eat crabs, shrimp, buttered and steamed lobsters which was off-menu, and it was really good.)

SUMMARY:
The cons I listed are pretty nitpicked, so it wasn't that much of a big deal. Still, this was a great place to stay at, my family had a wonderful time relaxing at the jacuzzi after every day trip.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Bianca Frances C
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent stay. Very relaxing with lovely garden and pool. Staff were exceptional and made us feel very welcome. Would recommend. Only issue is poor wifi connection but that did not impact our stay so much. Well done Sophia's Garden and Staff.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

We spend two night at Sophia's before transferring to a different resort. The experience was so good. First, they respond to email queries fast. Second, the staffs were so nice and welcoming. They look after you during your stay. Food is good. Had few redhorse during our first night and ordered sisig. The boyfriend loves it. Oh, their tokwa't baboy to is very delicious. I will surely recommend this place to my friends and colleagues.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple