“Restaurant with a view”

Ranked #69 of 78 Restaurants in Coron
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed 1 June 2017

We came here impromptu for lunch, as we were supposed to go to another restaurant nearby. Good thing we did! Seafood is fresh, the ceviche is fantastic! Overall, the experience is very pleasant.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We orderred tanigue, blue marlin, local lobsters and all of them still offer the sweet salty taste of being freshly caught. The staff are very friendly. They even allowed us to buy fish in the market and cooked it for a very minimal charge only (P150.00/kilo). This is a must visit place for Coron first timers.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

The Chili Lobster is PHENOMENAL!! A must try. And the view is lovely with a wonderful breeze. (I recommend dining on the pier. Coron is so damn hot and 99% of places do not have AC). They were out of squid, so I could not try the sizzling spicy squid, which I really wanted . But the lobster was delicious!!! Restaurants seem to run out of squid pretty quickly in the Philippines.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

This place is great for an afternoon beer, and to enjoy a sea breeze that passes. The fish here was poorly prepared and over cooked, lacked seasoning as well. I also had fries with my beer, and this was not worth the money. But the nice view in a town with no beach, is a rare thing. A San Miguel and that sea breeze saves this place, if not it's just not worth going to.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

The diving in Coron is incredible and is definitely the highlight, especially if you like wreck diving. There are so many great dive sites that I was hoping to see more than I was able to with Seadive during my two days of diving. Unfortunately I had to repeat a dive site on my second day (as did another diver who was on both of my trips). I opted to do the dive again on the second day. He skipped the dive since he had already done it. With so many dive sites to see, it was annoying to not be able to do visit three new sites on the second day. I would figure they would at the least alternate every day so people would not have to repeat, especially since many people do not stay in Coron for more than a few days and want to dive. So I would recommend communicating in advance with the dive center, although that too can be difficult.

I tried to coordinate a private dive tour my first day because I was unsure if my flight would arrive in time to join the group tour. I had emailed with the dive center and was told I was on their schedule. When I arrived, there definitely was no thought about a private tour (despite me arriving later than the group tour was meant to start). Luckily for me, the group tour was delayed (which seemed to be common practice in Coron) and I was able to jump on the boat at the last minute. If I had arrived 15 minutes later, I may have been left with no option and no chance to dive, which would have been very frustrating since the only reason I stayed in Coron wa to dive. So the organization and communication could have been better, but I find this is pretty standard with many dive centers unfortunately. Our dive master the first day, Jeff, was great. So I would recommend trying to dive with him.

If you get the chance to dive in Coron, definitely do it. But try to set up at much as possible in advance and expect some hiccups along the way. Just remember, everyone operates on "island time"!