All reviews the cottages toes in the sand dive centre island hopping low tide romantic getaway certified diver private pool local dive memorable holiday perfect place to be mosquito net tropical paradise run away special thanks boat trip hot water
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really enjoyed staying here. It was a shock at the start to be over an hr from Coron but adjusted well and loved staying across the beach. We had a beach hut with a little pool at the back. When we arrived we were greeted with smiles, buko and wet towel. Asked for wifi and got given wifi. They have a set menu for breakfast/lunch/dinner and drinks. I highly recommend bringing snacks (lots). If you want to be close to town/shops/restaurants then this may not be the place for you. However I loved it, there is a little island you can kayak too which was beautiful.

Toiletries provided too.

I know previous reviews werent so positive but I defintely can say I enjoyed myself and staff went all out for my surprise dinner on the beach hubby organised.

Also if you tours booked make sure you have transfer to your tours included as it will cost you 4200 pesos for cashew grove to take you. Luckily we had transfers included with our tours through tribal adventures.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2018 via mobile

I dont even know where to start...

I booked this place 4 months ago because of all the good reviews, not knowing that the place changed owners and it was totally different now. Everything was soooooo overpriced. The food, the tours, the transport everything! And you are totally stuck there because of the location. What supposed to be a total relaxation of 5 days felt like we were in prison for 5 days.

The food sucks, it was below average and super expensive for what you get. On the third day everything was finished. They had no fruit left for shakes and from the 15 food things on their menu 8 were ‘unavailable’. Also no chips no snacks nothing! You had to wait till lunch or dinner time because everything was ‘unavailable’ or finished. They had 2 menus, one was a la carte and the other one was a set menu that you could choose your own main course for lunch or for dinner and they kept on chasing you with that menu everywhere you went (because this was even more expensive then a la carte menu). No vegetarian options and almost everyday the same. And when you ask for the a la carte menu at first they didnt even told us there was an a la carte menu and when we found out there was we needed to be really persistent to getting it because they kept on saying a la carte was unavailable. Also on top of all the high prices they even have the audacity to ask another 10 % service charge on top of everything you order. Service that we didnt get at all!

Also the owner was totally rude, the resort is really small so you say goodmorning and goodnight to everyone and you kinda hangout with them because there is no other place to go. We kept on greeting the owner and he never said a word back. He never said anything to us the entire 5 days we were there. He kept on walking back and fourth next to the pool most of his time or playing games on his phone. Its free to be kind! Also he had 2 friends or family members with him and this one guy kept looking into our room when we were there. Super weird!!!!

So the Wifi didnt work at all, we had to ask numerous times for the password and it felt like they didnt want to give it. They just took your phone and typed it in and said its okay now. It said it was connected but wifi didnt work the entire 5 days we were there.

Only good thing was that the location is really beautiful, room was nice especially the bathroom and the beach was also nice (but not the nicest beach in coron though). You could take the paddle board or kayak for free and go to the other islands which was really nice.

We wanted to rent a car or scooter to go to town and explore the island by ourselves but the resort didnt arrange that for us. They said it was not possible. Like we had to be stuck there forever. So we went to town with the jeepney which was only 100 pesos (but goes only once a day and really early in the morning about 5 o clock) instead of the 2400 they ask in the resort. We rented a scooter in town and went on a tour with the scooter to see the whole island. Also had lunches elsewhere which was really good and way cheaper. Dinner was difficult to have elsewhere because the roads are quite dangerous when it rains to get to the resort with the scooter especially when its dark. And if you want to book a tour in town all tours are half the price as in the resort.

All in all we didnt had a positive experience because of the service and the staff and the prices. We felt like we were being robbed and stuck in prison. We stayed 4 weeks in the Philippines and this place was our least favorite. You can stay in so much nicer places for way less money with staff who are so much more nice!

If you have a resort as secluded as this make sure service is good! And also the food because guests have nowhere else to go..

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Oliviaatje
Reviewed 7 December 2018

I see by some of the comments below that things has not changed.
We were there December 2017 -
We arrived there with the belief the we are going get have great 4 days of diving and relaxation.
We left after 2 days HUNGRY , and finished our vacation in Coron.
Stay in Coron and find a boat that travel to the other side of the Island will be cheaper and more rewarding.
Dont spend your money -

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank gilboaa
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Worst experience ever in Philippines. They charge you 700PHP per person for dinner for something that cost 150PHP in Coron. Afterwards they add the service charge 10%. They won’t tell you the Wifi Password. They tried to cheat us. Worst place ever. Dont come here.

Date of stay: November 2018
6  Thank Mario A
Reviewed 20 October 2018

My friend and I chose Cashew Grove in March 2018 for the great reviews we had seen. When we had arrived, everything seemed to be accurate. The staff were so friendly and helpful. There was a very quiet and laid back, family feel to the place. There were also chill beach dogs that would come around who added to the charm of the place. The room and resort was clean and lovely; I had the best sleep I've had had in a while. The pool was refreshing and you were also right on the beach. There were paddle boards and kayaks to use for free, and the resort and dive staff were very helpful in booking diving trips, dugong trips, and giving tips for everything. We also took a guided hike up the hill that they offered for a small fee. It was definitely worth it if you're looking for a view and a little work out. Adel, Josh, and Allie were particularly helpful!

Since the place is so secluded, I would suggest a trip into the city if you wanted more options for authentic Filipino food. Otherwise, it was fantastic!

Our biggest worry for the resort was the change of owners, which happened while we were there. The owner who we had originally booked with created a fantastic atmosphere for a beach resort. We didn't want to leave. However, a couple days into our stay, the new owner/s arrived and we could feel the small changes that he was/they were already starting to make, which we didn't like. (For instance, trying to get rid of the charming dogs, which I hope no harm were done to!)

The recent reviews I have seen have shown that the new owners have made some negative changes. I hope that they revert to how the old owner ran the place, as all of the reviews from then were very, very positive, the staff were happy, and we guests were also very happy. If the resort was how it was in March during our stay, I would definitely recommend staying and would definitely go back.

I really hope for the resort, the staff, and the guests that they keep that laid back, family feel. It was really an enjoyable and memorable holiday

Date of stay: March 2018