All reviews the cottages toes in the sand dive centre island hopping low tide romantic getaway certified diver private pool local dive memorable holiday perfect place to be mosquito net tropical paradise run away special thanks boat trip hot water
Reviewed 7 December 2018

I see by some of the comments below that things has not changed.
We were there December 2017 -
We arrived there with the belief the we are going get have great 4 days of diving and relaxation.
We left after 2 days HUNGRY , and finished our vacation in Coron.
Stay in Coron and find a boat that travel to the other side of the Island will be cheaper and more rewarding.
Dont spend your money -

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank gilboaa
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Worst experience ever in Philippines. They charge you 700PHP per person for dinner for something that cost 150PHP in Coron. Afterwards they add the service charge 10%. They won’t tell you the Wifi Password. They tried to cheat us. Worst place ever. Dont come here.

Date of stay: November 2018
6  Thank Mario A
Reviewed 20 October 2018

My friend and I chose Cashew Grove in March 2018 for the great reviews we had seen. When we had arrived, everything seemed to be accurate. The staff were so friendly and helpful. There was a very quiet and laid back, family feel to the place. There were also chill beach dogs that would come around who added to the charm of the place. The room and resort was clean and lovely; I had the best sleep I've had had in a while. The pool was refreshing and you were also right on the beach. There were paddle boards and kayaks to use for free, and the resort and dive staff were very helpful in booking diving trips, dugong trips, and giving tips for everything. We also took a guided hike up the hill that they offered for a small fee. It was definitely worth it if you're looking for a view and a little work out. Adel, Josh, and Allie were particularly helpful!

Since the place is so secluded, I would suggest a trip into the city if you wanted more options for authentic Filipino food. Otherwise, it was fantastic!

Our biggest worry for the resort was the change of owners, which happened while we were there. The owner who we had originally booked with created a fantastic atmosphere for a beach resort. We didn't want to leave. However, a couple days into our stay, the new owner/s arrived and we could feel the small changes that he was/they were already starting to make, which we didn't like. (For instance, trying to get rid of the charming dogs, which I hope no harm were done to!)

The recent reviews I have seen have shown that the new owners have made some negative changes. I hope that they revert to how the old owner ran the place, as all of the reviews from then were very, very positive, the staff were happy, and we guests were also very happy. If the resort was how it was in March during our stay, I would definitely recommend staying and would definitely go back.

I really hope for the resort, the staff, and the guests that they keep that laid back, family feel. It was really an enjoyable and memorable holiday

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank suitee14
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the cashew grove for 4 nights of the beginning of our 3 week trip through coron and palawan. We liked the bedrooma dn bathroom everything was quite clean and nice, but the beach wad just ok and there were many dogs running around which were unfortuanetly quite aggresive so we couldnt even walk the beach, we had to turn around also also free running horses in the resort which is quite strange.....the food was expensive for the quality and most of it was cold or just warmed in the microwave (we could hear the sound) though they had the best rice on our whole trip. The diving wad good but for the price they charge they have very old gear ( we npticed there was a difference between the resorts so el rio y mar guests had better gear which is not ok. We had a great divenaster who made our trips lovely. The team was all very nice and provide great service.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mthz2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Well I have to say I did enjoy the relaxing and the warm weather but that’s about it.
The staff where very friendly on arrival we received a large coconut drink & where told about a few trips nothing else was said other than pay your bill at the end off your stay?? Now I know why.
This place is very isolated so you only eat there but the prices for the Philippines are way over priced.
The breakfast was included but only rice & eggs or toast & jam with coffee.
You could order extra at around 170 peso each
The lunch was 3 course salad main and fruit for 700 peso for two
The Evening meal was 4 course salad soup main & fruit 1300 peso for two.
If your on a budget this works out very expensive for two people if you include your drinks
Not only that they also charge 10% service charge on top off all food and drinks and if you pay by card another 5% on top off that.
As read in another review I think the owner has no clue how to run this place it could be so much better sits around on his phone making people uncomfortable.
More should be done with guest like evening games or entertainment.
Also the trip from here where stupid prices over 4000 peso each so defiantly not worth that. Would I go again NO

Date of stay: August 2018