Lowest prices for your stay
₱4,829
Breakfast included
Dave L

The best place to stay in Coron

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 20, 2024
We had a great time at TAG resort. We had a premium room with a smaller pool area. Just beautiful! The main pool was very comfortable to swim in too. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was included with our stay and they have a wonderful bakery right at the resort. They even have Starbucks on site. When we come back to Coron, we will stay here again.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Try their baked goods. They are excellent
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
Beachfront
    ₱2,928
0.4 km from Tag Resort Coron
View more hotels in Coron
All reviews coffee machine starry night modern filipino food and beverage manager intimate dinner f b manager dont hesitate staff are super nice live band drying rack pool access breakfast buffet we loved our stay two double beds awesome stay natural beauty pool bar
Selected filters
Reviewed April 11, 2024 via mobile

I will preface this review by stating that we’ve stayed in lots of 5* resorts all over the world and this review has nothing to do with the Philippines nor the people from the country. It is specifically about the resort. The two stars is for the room and the resort in general. The lagoon view room is absolutely superb with great air con and decent privacy. The low rating is mainly for the complete lack of “hospitality”, particularly from the Front of House” staff at check in and the bar staff near the pool. And, the breakfast area for that matter too. For us, part of the 5* experience is being made feel welcome and a little bit special because we’re paying a premium. We felt zero of that at this place, right from the get go. I can only guess that the place makes a lot of money from seminars and conferences so complacently has set in at the senior level. I don’t blame the employees, senior management need to read this review and get their act together. Lastly, we’ve had better buffet breakfasts in 2* hotels. Our advice would be to spend your money elsewhere in Coron. If it’s a nice pool you’re after there’s a place named Fernvale Leisure Club and Resort who allow you to use their pool during the day for a fee. You can stay somewhere else with much better customer service for the money you pay. Very disappointing.

Room tip: Avoid this place.
Reviewed April 8, 2024

Nice place, kakaiba, cleanliness is a must,,, the fire dance is expectacular then the rooms are instagrammable, breakfast is so yummy especially the chicken tocino, at night maganda coz may kantahan at jamming, all in all nice place to stay

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2024

The TAG Resort provided me with an unforgettable experience. My deluxe room with a private pool was the perfect sanctuary of luxury and comfort. I enjoyed stunning views of nature and excellent service. The restaurant offered superb dishes, and the atmosphere was pleasant and relaxing. I will definitely come back again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2024

We booked this hotel for the last night of our trip since we planned to just relax and enjoy the rest of our time in Coron. We arrived at their hotel around 3pm, they asked for our IDs to confirm the reservation then they took us to our room. To my surprise, they gave us a room with double beds when I initially booked a room with a king bed. I called their front desk and said they will check first. After a good 10-15 mins, no callback so I decided to call them again. Another person answered the phone and said the same thing, they will check and give us a call back. They did give us a call this time and they insisted that the room they gave was the room I booked. I was looking at the confirmation on my phone that says Taglay, King (which was the one I booked) but they still insisted that I booked a double room through Agoda which was clearly not true because I booked it on their website. That’s the only time they realized that they mistaken us for another guest with the same name, as they said. But how is that possible if they asked for our IDs on the first place? They transferred us to a room with a king bed this time but it’s kind of frustrating that they’re not taking this kind of concerns seriously and they made us feel that it’s our fault but in reality, it’s their NEGLIGENCE. We wasted almost an hour of our time just to get the correct room. Then we have to go to their Taglay Bar just to get their welcome drink that they should have served us the moment we arrived.

All in all, very poor service. Pool looks like a dirty lagoon. Staff are nice but it seems like they don’t know what they’re doing. IG worthy surrounding, yes. But it’s different when you’re there. I understand that the resort is still improving but I expected to at least get what I paid for. The price of their room is no joke. Very expensive and not worth it.

Room tip: If you’re looking for comfort and relaxation, go somewhere else because you won’t find it here in TAG.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2024 via mobile

Beautiful resort. Went on a couple's trip and it was great for a relaxing break away from Coron town. The location is not walking distance but Tag had a great Tuk Tuk driver (thanks Albert!) who brought us to wherever we needed. Our room was clean.
Overall a very relaxing experience