Discovery Island Resort and Dive Center
US$65
  • Pool
US$75
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

US$87
Coron Ecolodge(Coron)(Great Value!)
US$28
  • Restaurant
US$78
US$66
  • Breakfast included
Sunrise Pension House(Coron)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$29
  • Beachfront
US$16
US$469
  • Pool
All reviewsboat rideevery single dishblue moonsimple interiordiving dayspoor weathermini vanla sirenettacoron citygreat place to stayresto barsim cardhot water in the showerquiet placerooms are basiccoral gardensisland resort
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and it was a welcome get away from the noise and hustle of the main town. The boat ride to and from was also enjoyable. I have read a lot of reviews and if you are going to these places and expect super fast internet and food on your table minutes after you order you will be disappointed. I have no issues with slow internet as the purpose of a vacation is to relax. Also the food is made after you order so I am also happy to wait for freshly made food. It was quiet and relaxing. The staff were helpful and the rooms were clean and they helped us with anything we needed. The tour we went on was great and it was right from the hotel dock. I would recommend this place to anyone who does want to get away.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

For the price, the staff & rooms are okay. The bathroom has weak water pressure. No place to hang your towel & clothes. The shower and the toilet are separate rooms, with just a curtain in the shower room instead of an actual door. Their electric kettle is very dirty and seems like it’s rarely washed. We had to clean it with our own sponge and dishwashing liquid. We stayed for 3 days 2 nights and on our last night, we were all food poisoned. We had late dinner at the resort and by 2am, we’ve started going back & forth the bathroom, some of us were vomiting. We were 7 pax in total and ALL OF US had diarrhea with vomiting! Half of us left the resort early due to an early flight and their symptoms kicked in a couple of hours later. As for the ones left in the resort with early symptoms including me, they gave us 4 Hydrites. No apology or compensation was given. We never used the service water and we always ordered Wilkins. Their ice is something we’ve asked for since day 1, although half of our group never asked for ice so it’s really their food! Their staff are ok but because of what happened, we will never come back nor recommend the resort to anyone.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank deedars1
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful resort, so relaxing and quiet. Rooms are clean , food is awesome and the staff is very helpful. There are a lot of great island tour packages at reasonable prices, took the ultimate tour and the staff on the boat were very friendly and helpful
We will definitely be coming back again
Barb and Chris McDonagh

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barb W
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Stayed here for 6 nights and was very sick on my 3rd night, as was the guy in the room next door, the staff said it was due to the weather- really!! Another excuse is that people are ill here and all over Coron town. I saw none of this from my week in Coron town.
I think it is the water they serve, which is not from a bottle, but l think a spring or well. I would advise not drinking it!
Restaurant is average, staff get food orders wrong frequently. Prices are higher than mainland, but this is an island..
Rooms are OK, linens are good. Ours was a fan only room, which was fine, there is no hot water in the shower. We stayed in cottage 14, which is quite high up many steps, so be aware.
On check out our bill was wrong, the hotel also tried to charge for the room, which had been pre-paid, so l would make sure you check everything well.
All in all, it is a quirky place and quiet, pool is pleasant, so good points. Our visit was marred by some shortcomings.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shropshirelad2
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I'm sorry to give a negative Review, but I don’t want to tell you a fable of a dream resort on a paradise island. Basically for 80$/night in a Resort I expect:

- hot water in the shower
- drinking water/coffee/tea every day in the room
- working WiFi
- no excessive waiting time at the restaurant (always more than 40 min)
- professional good waiters
- welcome drink
- prebooked breakfasts or boats to be on time
- other small details
- I don’t watch TV so I was ok without it

So if someone expects this as well, than better go somewhere else. If you are phone addicted get a SIM card now. If you want to work on your computer with WiFi forget it. If you don’t mind staying in a very nice relaxing and quiet place without those things listed above, than you are right. When you wake up you will listen to the birds singing without the chaos and the gas/smog of Coron town. If you like reading, painting or just being than you are right. You will spend most of time waiting for something, so practice your hobby and be prepared. Be ready to be very open and understanding with the kitchen and waiters: sometimes your order won’t come, sometimes you’ll wait, sometimes there’s no lemon, pineapple or banana. Most of the food is very good. Try the omlette and the spicy prawns. The pool is very nice. The views are very nice. Riding by boat to town was very nice. As I told it’s all good but a bit to less service for 80$/night. If you pay cash you can ask for 10% discount.

We didn’t dive, so we don’t know how is the diving company. The tours and dives are a little more expensive than similar offers in town.

Room Tip: Choose a room with no direct day sun light (lodge 3 for example)
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple