“Yum”

Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Wansford, just off the A1 and 9 miles from Peterborough, The Paper Mills is a country rustic Gastropub serving quality food with superb service. Here the food is produced to a high end with talented chefs and locally sourced ingredients. Our ales are local too, from Oakham to Grainstore and back down to Nene Valley we have a variety of ales on tap. Not to mention our wine, soft drinks and spirits are premium too. In the summer times come and sit in our beer garden and in the winter sit by our roaring fire, we are open all year round. On street parking is available. Did we mention we are dog friendly too?
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Tidy and atmospheric place with a sparkling bar. Plenty of seating options whether you’re up for formal dining, a light pub lunch, or just a drink in the front or rear beer gardens.
Polite, smiley, and efficient staff.
Not a huge selection of food but there are some good options. Quality and quantity is good and most importantly delicious.

1  Thank KnownTravelWriter
Papermills W, Manager at The Paper Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Thank you KnownTravelWriter for leaving us a 4* review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We do pride our self on quality and not quantity when it comes to our menu, but we have just recently updated it for the winter months coming.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to us soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2018

My wife and went to the Paper Mills (rather than the more celebrated establishment across the road) for a meal on the recommendation of a group of boaters we met while mooring our boat, one of whom was the head chef of another, well-known restaurant in the area. They reported that the food was very good. It was, but we should have checked the menu before booking as it is very limited and designed to be either cold or produced exclusively from the grill and the deep-fat fryer. Burger and chips isn't my idea of a wedding anniversary meal and my wife's seafood platter wasn't much more appropriate though both, as I said earlier, were good of their kind. The starters (mostly cold) were rather more varied and they had a good (if expensive) choice of cask beers. Service was good.

1  Thank Malcolm B

Hi Malcolm B,

Thank you for leaving us a 3* review. I am happy to hear that are we being recommended!

I am sorry to hear that you thought our menu wasn't varied enough, we have been in the process of changing it around to fit the season were coming into. However it is nice to hear that you still somewhat enjoyed your meal and that the service we provided was good.

We have changed our menu around now with more options so hopefully we can welcome you back to us soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We called in here after being delayed in traffic and in need of a break. Gosh, what a find. Great coffee, excellent food, attentive service, pleasant staff; and you can take your dog in too.
It isn’t too pricey either and there is plenty of room between tables so you never feel squashed in. The salmon I had was cooked beautifully and was served with great care and attention to detail. It really was delicious. My companion had the bacon and Brie sandwich which had lots of delicious fresh filling and was not skimped on at all. Even the garnish was delicious. We shall certainly be visiting here again, traffic jam or not.

Papermills W, Manager at The Paper Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hi JH41,

Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

I will definitely pass your comments onto my team out the front and also to the kitchen team which I’m sure they will be proud to hear.

Hopefully next time we can welcome you back for dinner!

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped off en route up North and refuelled with great lunchtime food and friendly staff. We were actually glad there were roadworks on the A1 otherwise we'd never have visited !

Papermills W, Manager at The Paper Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Hi wotsits1234.

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us yesterday! I can imagine it would’ve been a stressful time with the traffic so I’m glad that we were able to offer you a place to relax and eat.

Now you know where we are hopefully we can welcome you back soon :-)

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Decent little restaurant with fairly limited menu range, but the items are certainly better than standard pub grub. My wife really enjoyed her meal, myself less so, but 4/5 seems about right.

Papermills W, Manager at The Paper Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Hi David H, thank you for leaving us a pleasant review! You have provided us with contructive feedback which I will pass onto our chefs in the kitchen. We always do our best to provide quality rather than quantity and I am a little saddened to hear that you didn’t particularly enjoy your meal, but also happy to hear that your wife did!

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon and hopefully you will have a better experience with the food and menu.