“Lovely breakfast”

Mimi's Cafe and Catering
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Description: Welcome to Mimi's Cafe and Catering. Our passion is producing tasty home cooked meals at a reasonable price and serving you with a smile. With seating for 24 plus a small outdoor garden area Mimi's is a great choice for a quick sandwich, home cooked meal or just coffee and a home baked dessert. With catering available for up to 100 for buffets we are a great choice for your special event.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Called in on the way to Mottram Hall for a bite to eat, after a long journey, we both ordered the small breakfast.
It came out in a timely manner, the food was fresh, piping hot and delicious. Very friendly service. Would highly recommend.
Thank you.

Marianne A, Owner at Mimi's Cafe and Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Hello Chloe,

Thank you for the lovely review. I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Nipped in for a stretch and toilet break and I was happy to see something for everyone
Cute retro mix and match vintage style
Small and comfortable
Very reasonable prices
Cornbeef hash £3.75
Coffee 10/10 £1.60
Soup curried chickpea 10/10 (dairy free) £3.00
Carrot cake 10/10

Other things I noticed on the menu
Children's bacon barms £1.00
Spaghetti Bolognese type dish
Chicken noodle soup Inc white barm
5 of us had a drink and cake or soup for under £18

Hello Jenny,

Thank you for the review, it was a pleasure having you all pop in. We are very happy you enjoyed yourselves.

Regards,

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

So me and my wife who is 8 months pregnant was in a traffic jam on the way to Manchester and she desperately needed the toilet. We pulled over at this cafe and my wife asked politely showing her belly if she could use the toilet. The to ladies behind the counter one American began to shout at her saying the toilet was for customers only and telling her that they "get this all the time". My wife had to plead with the lovely ladies and eventually after a few minutes of shouting and intimidation they let he use the toilet by saying "just go".

So if your the kind of person that likes to eat in a place that shouts at vulnerable pregnant women for wanting to use the loo then this is the place to go.

Disgraceful

2  Thank Benjpalmer
Marianne A, Owner at Mimi's Cafe and Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Firstly let me qualify your review as you were not present for this alleged incident, nor were you or your wife customers of the café, just to educate you if you are not a customer then you should not be using this site for a vendetta. As you have chosen to do so I will happily clarify the situation.

Let me set the record straight, your wife ran into the café and announced "I know this is rude but I am using your toilet" she did not ask, there were no pleases or thank yous as common courtesy would dictate. My partner was not behind the counter she was filling the drinks fridge and at this point her back was to her, and I was stepping behind the counter and could not see your wife. I simply stated "sorry the facilities are for customers only." Your wife then stopped and turned to me, she was dressed all in black and I must admit I did not notice she was pregnant, if I had noticed her belly I certainly would not have assumed she was pregnant. Again I stated "the facilities are for customers only."

Your wife then decided that it would be acceptable for her to raise her voice and tell me off. She wanted me to know I was heartless and had no compassion, what kind of a person would do that to a pregnant woman at Christmas! She was then told by my partner to not speak to me in that manner. There was no pleading and the only person that raised their voice and shouted was your wife. She was the only person who used intimidation to get her way. She was then told to just go use the toilet. May I add there were customers present and one described your wife as rude and vile.

When she exited the toilet, I apologised to her, explained that I had not seen she was pregnant and I understood her need, I also did state we get many passers-by who take advantage. Her nasty attitude continued as she left our café.

Just to educate you and your wife, we did not open a business for you to take advantage of because you are stuck in traffic. We are not a public facility. Our facilities are for the use of our customers. You do not pay the water bill, the maintenance costs, buy the soap, toilet paper or paper towels. You do not clean the facilities, buy the cleaning supplies or pay the rent or insurance...our customers do.

Next time you send your "vulnerable" and pregnant wife in to plead and beg kindness from rude strangers you should remind her that please and thank you cost nothing.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

So after a sleepless night, in our tent, the wind keeping us awake, coupled with a 6am start to pack up, to say we were a bit wrecked was an understatement. In need of a brew and some grub we called at Mimis on our way home. Lynn had a full breaky, which she enjoyed. Me on the other hand needed some guidance due to my lack of cognitive function, zombieesck manner. I announced that i was a veggy, expecting, maybe, poor you, how long have you been afflicted. Or a, what happened to you that you turned into one if those! Well i got neither just a recommendation to have the omelette, with mushrooms, onion and cheese. OMG, heaven on a plate! I am sure i heard angels sing as the plate touched down on the table. The first forkful was a lusty symphony of flavours that never let up until i had devoured, to the last. Oh my. And the teapot was rather cute! Proper brew to finish me off. Never asked your name but i am assuming its Mimi, thank you for a lovely breakfast.

1  Thank DazPick1976
Marianne A, Owner at Mimi's Cafe and Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

What a wonderful wordsmith you are, and thank you for the lovely comments. We try to ensure that everyone... including our veggie loving guests...have a great food experience. We are thrilled you enjoyed yourselves! If you are in the area again be sure to pop in and I will do my best to top the experience

Warm Regards,
Mimi

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We were recommended this café approximately 1 1/2 - - 2 years ago, and apart from missing one or two Saturday's, we have been every week for lunch. The staff are very welcoming, helpful and the food is consistently good. LOVE THIS PLACE

Thank you for the lovely review, it is our guests that make owning and running the café such a fantastic experience. Those Saturdays you are not in you are missed! We look forward to taking care of yourself and your family for many years to come!

Warm Regards,