All reviewsdumaluan beachrooms are cleanminute walkpathrequestsboholresort
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I would recommend this resort for tourists that actually want a quiet place to stay after a long day of tour. The resort is not directly located to the are where most of the other resorts and establishments are, reason it's very calming and quiet at night. If you don't want to hear the party crowd and just would like to shut those eyes off, this resort fits you!

Staff are great and very welcoming. They also managed to accommodate our requests such as a short trip to the town proper area, as well as give us a ride to the next resort we stayed in.

I find the breakfast here quite good as normally you don't get good food for breakfast in resorts. I guess it's because they don't bulk prepare the food that makes the food just better.

I guess what I hope that gets improved is the pathway to the resort. Palms Cove is a 5 minute walk to Alona Beach where the road going there is a bit of a rocky, humpy, muddy path. There were also no post lamps in some areas of the path, so it's a bit scary to walk down there late night even if you have security and patrols nearby.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank miltoncaluya
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I stated for 3 nights at PALMS COVE RESORT. Was so happy with this place. I booked 1 night to allow me to inspect; when I arrived instantly booked 2 more nights. Easy 5 minute walk to dive shops (along a dirt road) or the staff have a cart to take you anywhere nearby.

Love the breakfast each morning and a relaxing swim in their new pool.

The staff was friendly and efficient and great fun they accommodated a late checkout on my last night.

Rooms were simple but clean and had hot water, fridge, water kettle and comfortable beds. It was fairly priced. My stat was during a period where Alona beach was having sporadic power outages so glad they had a backup generator!

I had the place to myself a couple nights!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Staff treated us like royalty. Hotel is quiet, only 8 rooms. Beautiful pool and gardens. Beach is a short walk away and the hotel provides a free shuttle. Highly recommend. Lots to do in the surrounding area. Did a firefly kayak tour which is one of a kind!

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marina H
Reviewed 4 February 2017

Really disappointed at first, on an unpaved road and weak internet, quite small property. I didn't pay attention to there not being a TV (though it's stated). We had asked for a large double bed, but got two twin beds pushed together. The staff here are very good though, and did their best to help us always with any problem. For the last two nights of our stay gave a nice upgrade. Breakfast always a pleasant experience. Five minute walk to Alona beach, but we preferred Dumaluan beach--much larger and less touristy.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights, 6 days for OWC on Alona beach. It's about 5-8mins walk. The walk is alittle hidden path and I felt safe with my mobile flash light at night.

Owner: Japanese and alot of other guests were Japanese.

Room: clean, 95% like pictures. Bathroom can be better with cleaning job on the tiled floor. Sheets and towels smells great and no stains.

Food: very slow service. It takes them 20 mins for hard boiled eggs and coffee. I mostly have my breakfast at hotel only due to rushing for course. Food quality is good. Last lunch had their special sandwich for lunch and it was a huge sandwich and tasted good with ciabatta bread.

Staff: couple of them are fantastic: Albert is a great staff there to show me how to get to beach and when I asked about public transport, he was very informative like an international hotel concierge rather than pushing hotel transport like the other staffs.

Joel (might be incorrect) also great. I did not have to repeat myself twice and she got all my requests right. She was a great helped for my late check-out and driver to airport as well.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo