“Home away from home”

KURMA - Freedive, Yoga and Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We customize and orchestrate timeless experiences, injecting LIFE into your holiday, on the Island Born Fire, Camiguin Island Philippines. See how freediving, yoga and eco-cultural experiences can expand your reality making your holiday simply priceless.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 29, 2017

I was 3 days at Kurma and it was the best time during my travel to Philippines. It is truly a home away from home where everybody makes you feel welcome since you arrive there. The owners Diggi and Val and all the staff are lovely and they try to make your days at Kurma unique.
The place is cozy and has a special atmosphere. The rooms are very clean and spacious and have a nice bathroom with hot water. It is by the sea so you can enjoy its relaxing sound and the view all the time. The food they serve is amazing and home made, very tasty and healthy. I really enjoyed the breakfasts.
They organize yoga classes early in the morning that are very good. I did as well a day trip to mantigue island with other guest and part of the staff, we were snorkeling and we had a typical philippino meal that was incredible. It was one my best days in Philippines.

1  Thank mariacolomo
"guesthouse"
"ai"
"skills"

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

Food is incredible, waiter incredibly charming with perfect English. Free diving spot with lessons available, also yoga classes! Out looking the ocean ( not for swimming) this is a peaceful hippy type place with homemade jams to die for and the most creative perfectly done gourmet healthy food options I have ever had! We had a coconut burger that my fussy son gobbled down, and a sweet potato dish that melted in my mouth!

1  Thank rroebig
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Last minute change of plans led me here to this wonderful place. Lush gardens with medicinal aloe vera, brightly coloured and well maintained rooms on a small beach. The sun sets directly across from Kurma, lovely when you are having yoga class.
The food was creative, nutritious and with options for persons wanting to eat vegan/ vegetarian/gluten. Freshly baked breads, butters and jams for breakfast, and proper coffee.
Took free-diving course with the most patient and accommodating tutor one could hope for. The sites we were able to practice in were diverse, including a soda swimming pool!
Most remarkable and outstanding element of this place are the employees. They truly enjoyed working together and were so social and hospitable with their time both on and off work time. Good for solo, couples, families or groups.
Delayed in putting up this review, only for the selfish reason of wanting to keep this gem a haven for the future. However, it is only fair to share the love.

1  Thank katrogers76
Reviewed June 15, 2017

All I can say about this place is "Wow!"" This is like a home-away-from-home for all the adventurous spirits who love to explore inland and underwater.
Camiguin is one of the the best hidden gems in the Visaya region where time appeared to have stood still and nature is literally everywhere. Gorgeous coral reefs stretching all around the island, lush hidden pinnacles in deep sea with large pelagics visiting frequently, endless forest hikes, sleepy volcanoes, hot springs, cold springs, easy-to-get-to enormous waterfalls, a gigantic mangrove boardwalk and beautiful roads connecting all of those. Plenty of resorts and bars but Kurma offers both. I stayed in a very cozy room at the beach, the guesthouse garden had a beautiful view over the cove and the restaurant serves the best food on the island. You will have to try everything on the menu. The chef as well as the bartender (literally) do magic.
The staff is not just friendly and welcoming, they are happy to work there and treat people like friends instead of customers. You can't go wrong in this place... it's awesome. I was on a 3 day holiday but stayed 7 days in the end cause I liked it so much there. As a medium skilled freediver I trained there most of the days, there was no problem to get to deep water. Instructors are experienced and very helpful and will help you reach your new personal best as well as teach you the absolute basics. What are you waiting for... go there!! :D

See more reviews
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight with my daughter, though we hoped to have stayed longer. Accommodation was good for the price: there was a fan even if there was an ac, for those who probably want to let the island breeze in the room. There was also a patio right outside our room where the WiFi was stronger. Our welcome drinks of iced tea with fresh fruit slices were refreshing and just what we needed after the long drive.. the ice was made of tea so the drink doesn't get watered down.

My daughter had one of their breakfast servings for early dinner- everything on the menu is something you want to try. Their meal portions are good, fresh and made with TLC and menu also has vegetarian choices.

We enjoyed an early morning dip after a hearty breakfast the next day in their private beach with the white Island across, though we were asked by a bangka service passing by if we'd like to go across, we declined, happy where we were (even if it wasn't soft white sand, I suppose Camiguin beaches especially in the main island, have this kind of rocky small pebble texture because of its volcanic origins, unless you hop out to the other islands)

They have a parking area for those who bring vehicles. Overall, it's a cozy resort, nothing fancy, but good and relaxing vibes all around. We will stay here again on our next Camiguin visit