“Lovely quaint traditional resto with great view ! ”

Ristorante Antico Borgo
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Pontone
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely staff, very welcoming...only opens at 7pm.
Great view ! Stumbled on it from our b&b in Scala to amalfi ...
Amazing cooked bread (3 Types)
Husband watched the football so he was delighted!
Beautiful home cooked pasta. Fusilli with aubergine delicious!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We found the restaurant by chance while wandering from Amalfi to Pontone (beautiful path along a small river with waterfalls) . The menu was displayed outside and after looking at it we decided to walk in. The restaurant seemed to be recently renovated and the view was breathtaking. The owners, two young siblings, offer traditional Campanian cuisine with a modern touch. They were very friendly, enthusiastic and willing to explain all dishes in the menu.
Once at our table we got a basket of delicious home made whole-grain bread. For starters we chose smoked mozzarella cheese in lemon leaves and zucchini and eggplant parmigiana. Our main courses were pasta genovese and pasta cooked after a traditional recipe with potato and lard. The food was delicious.
If you are around Amalfi get to Pontone and stop at L’Antico Borgo for a wonderful view and fantastic food.

Reviewed December 30, 2017

This was one of the best meals I had during my two-week trip to Italy. I discovered it because I was staying in an AirBnB nearby and passed it everyday as I was going to and fro to Amalfi. I'm so glad I went in because I had the perfect dinner with an epic sunset view. I ordered the catch of the day (a fish that I think had been pulled out of the ocean that morning), pasta, wine (of course), and dessert. The waiter who de-boned my fish for me was so nice, patient, and even educational. I was constantly checked on and attended to by the staff. The atmosphere was relaxed, comfortable, airy, simple yet elegant, and bright. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Amalfi.

P.S. Owner, if you're reading this, I'm sorry I was such a stupid American and didn't leave a tip. I feel terrible! I got confused. Hope this review makes it up to you a little. You have the best staff, and they deserve a huge tip and tremendous praise. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

I'd read about this place here on TripAdvisor so decided to try it out today. The 3 dishes we ordered (ravioli, spaghetti and pizza) were delicious and the wait staff, especially Carmen were fantastic. I would highly recommend this restaurant and this town (one of the less touristy places on the Amalfi coast). The food was reasonably priced and the tip we gave was well deserved! Thanks Carmen for helping us out with our accommodation too :)

Reviewed October 3, 2016

The food at this restaurant is absolutely first rate. We just happened upon it during our walk up from our apartment in Atrani. Easily one of the best meals we had during our 2.5 week stay on Amalfi Coast and on Ischia. The fusilli di casa were spectacular as was the scalloped beef in lemon sauce. As others have said, the views from this restaurant are amazing, but really it's the food that makes it special. Doesn't hurt that the family is sweet as can be. If we'd been in the area for longer we certainly would have returned for dinner. A great day if you are staying in Atrani or Amalfi is to hike up to Potone in the morning, explore the area, eat lunch at the Antica Borgo, perhaps get up to Scala after, including the ruins of Sant'Eustachio between Pontone and Minuta. The Torre Ziro is also awesome and makes for a good part of the itinerary.