US$445
US$356
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$415/night.

Hurawalhi Island Resort(Hurawalhi)
US$261
US$235
US$147
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

US$890
US$1,750
Kanuhura - Maldives(Kanuhura)
Book now, pay at stay
US$729
US$437
Palm Beach Island Resort & Spa(Madhiriguraidhoo Island)
US$197
US$93
Priceline
  • Beachfront
1,466 results
All reviewsvegetarian restaurantsunset barkids clubstreet foodsea planemain restaurantadult poolfood and beverage managerpool villafishfamily poolbuggy driversour honeymoonmale airportelectric buggiesbbq on the beachgolf buggies
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I've given Atmosphere a Very Good above - but my instinct is to give it between average and very good. I have very mixed feelings - both good and less good - about the place and am writing the review during my stay. This is my honest reaction so far.

There was a long delay at Male in the Atmosphere lounge for a seaplane transfer. We waited the best part of three hours and were told by staff that the contract with Trans Maldivian was for an 1.5 - 2 hour wait, so this was disappointing to say the least. We do accept it is a 3rd party operation, but that the resort has a contract with them. Compensation was mentioned but no more has been said of that.

On arrival the greeting was good and we met Cherie who has been lovely - discreet and helpful. It took about 45 mins to get to our room, so we were extremely disappointed that our bags weren't there. On our two previous Maldivian holidays (one to a significantly cheaper resort, one to a significantly more expensive one) our bags went with us to our rooms. I had to make 3 calls to reception. The bags were 'on their way'. It was only when Cherie called to ask if all was ok that it appeared they really were on their way - some time after we arrived in our rooms hot, tired and ready to change!

We accept this is a busy period (for which we pay a premium rate) so were surprised to hear that booking for the a la carte restaurant was completely full until after we left. We are entitled to one a la carte meal with our package.No doubt the small print is 'subject to availability'.

A member of staff we were talking to suggested we went to reception about this and a couple of other niggles - so we did. We spoke with the guest services manager who was new but pleasant and said she would look into it. She didn't get back to us but Cherie did come over to us later and provide a table for that night. So, a genuine cancellation or a reaction to complaining? To be honest I don't think you should need to complain. We came away to escape an extremely stressful situation at home and expected things to be seamless. They aren't.

The floor in the Liquid Bar is slippy - very slippy - I saw other people slip before I fell yesterday morning. I have really badly bruised my foot and it's affecting my mobility. Is it sensible to have a slippery floor metres from a pool? The other two resorts we have been to have sand floors throughout. This is not the case here.

There are things to like. The room is spacious and well serviced if lacking in some of what I would consider 5 star Maldivian treatment we had elsewhere.

The wine list is very good.

The food in the main buffet restaurant is mixed. Great breakfast, friendly staff. The veggie food is very hit and miss - brussels sprouts gratin anyone? The day after they were served with a roast? My husband and kids really enjoy the grilled fish and meat - they say it is excellent. My husband thought the steak in the a la carte very good and the kids enjoyed that and their seafood. Again my veggie meal was not great - fettuccine with seasonal veg and sun dried tomatoes. I was told they would be carrots, mushrooms and broccoli - they weren't, no sun dried toms. Bak choi and parmesan? No thanks. I did speak with someone who came over and may have been the exec chef and he said I should have said something - by then I feel I had complained enough and the pasta itself was cooked nicely. The service in Sunset was excellent (if a bit misleading!). Oh, and if half the tables were taken it's as many. So surprised it was classed as full - maybe there's some complicated algorithm that explains that.

The pool area is nice, and hearing the waves crash onto the beach is wonderful. We are making the most of the laid-back Maldivian natural beauty.

We are surprised there are no menus outside the buffet restaurant - this is a first in three trips to different islands. Just the main things served would help.

Disappointed only to get one dinner booking in 9 nights at the Veggie restaurant. We understand it's a busy time of year, but maybe capacity could be expanded?
Good watersport and diving places. The kids have enjoyed sofa rides, supping, pedals, catamaran, snorkelling. The staff at Watersports are especially helpful and friendly.
Kids loved the well appointed games room - and appreciate it being air conditioned!
There is a daily newsletter for the following day - maybe weekly would be better? And it would help if staff knew what was going on and when - we asked bar tenders when cocktail making was - they didn't know, nor did they get back to us as promised. We found it on a random poster near Spice restaurant.
The staff are friendly, but again, besides Cherie, I would say it lacks a certain personal service we felt the other two resorts we have visited had. It would have been nice for the Guest Services Manager to get back to us personally.

Upkeep of beach and landscaping is good.

The artist in resort is wonderful - my daughter and I have thoroughly enjoyed our session with her - it is chargeable, mind, which we accepted. I learnt loads and had a lovely afternoon painting.

Oh well, halfway through, it will be interesting to see how the rest of our holiday goes. We've had worse, but we've had better too, and not just at more cost.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
5  Thank writingfran
AtmosphereTeam, General Manager at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello writingfran

Thank you for your review and giving feedback on some of the aspects of your stay that didn't fully deliver for you during your recent time with us.
Our team here work tirelessly to ensure we are delivering the best service possible and we will be certain to take onboard your experience here t look for any improvements that can be made.

Once Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Maurice Van Den Bosch

Reviewed 3 April 2018

As I used the reviews to help book our holiday, I thought I should write my own in the hope it will help others do the same! We travelled as a couple and have just returned from 10 days at this fantastic hotel. We stayed in a sunset beach villa which was huge! I loved that the mini bar was filled every day with water and soft drinks; crisps, nuts and biscuits topped up, wine fridge (we didn't use), telly and music system, aircon but not in the bathroom which was outdoors (toilet enclosed and most covered by sloping roof) - it was beautiful! So much was provided - toiletries, toothbrushes, sun lotion, tissues, iron and ironing board, flipflops, boyancy jackets, beach bags, extension lead, coffee machine, hairdryer (didn't use), dressing gowns, slippers and all sockets were British style. The island is beautiful and all buildings are hidden among the foliage and villas face the beach and beautiful sea. Apparently the hotel was full but you would never have known as the beach was often deserted and restaurants never too full. Snorkelling equipment is provided free of charge and there are 2 trips a day to the nearby reef but the area off the end of the jetty was perfect for novices and still had lots of pretty fish to see. There are some areas of beach/sea with lots of loose coral but it's really not bad and the landscapers work SO hard clearing this and constantly sweeping the paths. All the staff are polite and respectful, friendly and really make this place special - nothing is too much trouble. It is a long island but there's a regular buggy service, with a smile, to and from restaurants and villas. There are several trip options, some at extra cost. We chose the sunset cruise which was included and they even brought food and drinks on board for us! Towels and drinks were also provided on the snorkelling trip we did.
The main Spice restaurant is buffet service and all freshly made and maintained by the staff. We ate at Just Veg twice and it was SO good; high quality, stunning presentation which even my husband (who at a push will eat cauliflower cheese) was impressed with. We visited both pools, the adults-only was definitely quieter! Both, however, provided towels and bring drinks to your sunbed!
The long journey was definitely worth it, we are already planning to come back for my 50th birthday and will be bringing our 2 daughters this time so they can experience this amazing place too.

2  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We are lucky enough to have visited many great places and hotels and this island is right up there with the best. There are many reviews that will say similar things based on the huge effort that is made on service.

From the moment we were greeted at Male airport we were looked after and felt relaxed. One thing that is not Atmospheres fault is we were charged for overweight baggage. This was a bit annoying as I had specifically phoned our agent and they said if the plane was at its maximum they would send hand luggage separately. This didn't happen and I paid the extra. No big deal but it is worth people knowing.

The sea plane was a great experience and even though we were tired it was awesome. Once we got there we were looked after from start to finish. The first day we noticed that there were a number of staff who discretely were making sure everything was OK. We had this a few times which was nice. Carlton is mentioned on numerous reviews and he was so nice and ultra helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and it was always nice to see him and have a chat. I don't want to mention lots of staff by name on here as there were some brilliant people that we just didn't get to know their name but they were all so helpful and cheerful.

If you want to have the amazing Maldives experience with all inclusive that is 1st class this will tick the boxes. The only thing I would mention is that there is very little in the way of entertainment in the evening. We would normally be up for a few late nights but we really didn't miss it here and were always ready for bed. If you need this then maybe this isn't for you.

Room Tip: All rooms good
3  Thank AdamPearce
Reviewed 3 April 2018

First time in the Maldives and was blown away by Atmosphere Kanifushi. We stayed in a sunset pool villa and really could not have anticipated how good it was. The reviews and photos on here do not do it justice.

Our butler was amazing and did all of the thinking for us. I had no reason to call him on the mobile he left us, but he still checked in with us every day to make sure we had everything we needed and were sorted with restaurant reservations.

Food was fantastic - casual lunch in the sunset bar was great with a daily changing menu that has something for everyone. The guys in there are brilliant too. Veg restaurant is properly special, even as a carnivore I really enjoyed it. The Spice is also fantastic with different themes every night. If you get a chance, book the beach barbecue at Sunset, the grilled seafood and made-in-front of you nan breads etc were sensational! One small disappointment was Ceylon Dreams. The food and service was lovely but the setting and seats are very uncomfortable. We would like to have stayed there longer to taste more of the Sri Lankan street food, but it was just not nice to sit there.

Nightlife at The Liquid bar is fun albeit not very busy. DJ Suri was brilliant and really kept us entertained. The staff in there were fab too, amazing cocktails!

If I was to give any constructive feedback it would be that I would like them to have more 'light' soft drinks, they really only have coke. The other piece of feedback would be that I would like them to have more things to help combat mosquitos; It seemed that my celtic blood seemed to be particularly tasty to the local mozzies and received between 20 and 30 itchy bites. I spotted lots of guests with similar angry red spots were they had been bitten too. I would like to see them offer deterrents like plug-ins/wristbands/whatever rather than just a cream to deal with the aftermath!! If we go back we will be better prepared!

All in all we had a magnificent time and really want to return soon. Be great if they could offer more competitive prices on their website to book directly as most travel agents offer it around 40% cheaper.

Room Tip: Pool Villas are a must
2  Thank Tommydoc1994
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We spent 12 days at the beautiful Kanifushi last October, and as soon as we arrived back in the uk, rebooked to revisit this year. Both myself and my husband have stayed in the Maldives before, for our honeymoon, and decided when we booked this resort to visit as a family, to renew our wedding vows whilst we were staying here as it’s a ‘special place’ to us both. We also wanted our children to be part of this experience and it was amazing. In all honesty, every single review on trip advisor speaks for itself.

Every single member of staff, from the housekeepers, to the grounds men, to the chefs to the waiters, to the managers.... I MEAN EVERYONE cannot do enough for you. They are sincere, warm and friendly, kind to the children and always have time for you. No matter where you are in the island and what your request is. We have many many amazing memories of this island and it’s staff. Every single meal we had in each restaurant was faultless, as were the drinks and all our excursions.

We chartered a boat with another family for the day, (the family who are now great friends back in the uk) and even the staff on the boat were amazing! We swam with turtles and all the children had some amazing experiences. They are also returning this year the same time as us and we all cannot wait.

This resort is my favourite place of paradise in the world, and I truly cannot wait to return to this beautiful island with all its amazing staff.

See you very soon Kanifushi and thank you,

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Mrsmomo

Hello Mrsmomo

Wow, thank for the wonderful review.

Thanks also for your recent stay and celebrating your renewal of wedding vows here at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives.

Such a beautiful location for such a special moment. I'm pleased to see it is a special place for you both as it definitely a special place for the team and myself.

Seeing you have booked again already, we will most definitely be eagerly awaiting to welcome you on your return.

Kind Regards