“Superb Restaurent”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

The pub is a normal, busy spot, popular with Sunbury locals. Ok for a pint or two and the staff are nice.
The restaurent however, is on another level entirely and this was our 2nd visit.
Six of us ate here to celebrate my 'significant' birthday. We all agreed the food was superb. You'd be hard pushed to better the quality and variety of the dishes on offer.
Inside isn't particularly swish, but it's pleasant and the young chap taking orders from 6 unruly pensioners did a grand job
I had gravlax to start, then the baked trout in sauce wrapped in filo which was to die for. So well thought out, seasoned and delicious.
2 mates had a prawn cocktail which not only looked lovely and a bit different, they both agreed was the best ever.
2 had the home made Pate. Again very good. Other mains included steak, pork belly, gammon and a steak and ale pie. The accompanying yeg was excellent.
We all agreed the food was incredibly tasty, well presented and extremely good.
The wine menu is reasonably priced and the extra brut Prosecco, though a tadge expensive, was delicious
Don't let the venue put you off. You will eat superb food at a reasonable price.
I cannot recommend enough.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I visited the White Horse whilst staying in a nearby Travelodge on business. This is a proper pub, had a great pint of Black Sheep and very large and reasonable haddock and chips. Very good value.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I was visiting from Los Angeles and my family took me to this pub for the day. I am of Irish descent and the entertainment in the pub is provided by my 2nd cousins.so I am biased on that point. Anyways, that's how I came to spend a few hours here. We ended up eating here and the food was delicious! I cannot get my favorite swede dish back home, my mom or myself have to cook it ourselves, as Americans do not know what it is. I was so pleasantly surprised to be given a plate a veggies with my dinner with included Swede!, green beans, corn..i had the shepherds pie dish, my cousin had lamb. The food could melt in your mouth..the best meal of the entire English visit!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

This pub is mine and my husbands local , we visit here at least twice a week for food , the place is welcoming, warm, and food is outstanding always tasty and hot and great portions , if your ever in the area pop in and try yourself you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 1 July 2017

Booked a table for four based on Trip Advisor reviews. Although we had travelled through Sunbury many times, this was the first time we had stopped to have dinner. We were impressed by the friendly greeting at the bar and the cheery waiting staff in the restaurant. The menu was comprehensive and did not disappoint. Well cooked food and attentive service made for an almost perfect evening. The only downside was a noisy group at a nearby table. The dining room had a low ceiling and was fairly minimalistic in layout and furnishings so these factors probably accentuated the noise level. Our dining guests were stressed from a long journey and the cacophony of noise only added to it. We could not fault the food or service though. We even got a friendly farewell from the manager as we left.