Lazy Lagoon(Bagamoyo)
Firefly(Bagamoyo)
  • Beachfront
Poa Poa Inn(Bagamoyo)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspay a visittanzanian culturethe cottageshome away from homeswimming poolbalconywifipropertysea
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Just got back from this amazing place! the view, food, staff and location you name it. It is definitely worth coming back for and Im already missing it. Actually planning to go back later this year! I hope to see the staff again when I come back - home away from home !

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I spend 2 weeks at the Family Cottage hotel and I had an amazing time! The hotel is beautiful and authentic with an fantastic ocean view. The staff is really friendly and helpful with whatever questions you may have. The cottages are clean and have everything you need. In addition you get to enjoy delicious food and experience the Tanzanian culture at its best! I can highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank hakunamatata1101
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Firstly i must say thank you to all the kind staff at the resort that took care of us and made sure everything was to our liking. The fresh food striaght from the sea was a real treat and something that i could really get used too. The views of the indian ocean are unmatched and we spent plenty of time right by the pool. I loved my african adventure and i would advise anyone considering going to pay a visit to Bagamoyo.

The only thing that i can think of that could be done to improve my stay would be close acsess to a ATM so that we could easily withdraw cash. Apart from that everything was perfect.

Room Tip: all rooms have same great view
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank dieunysos
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I have been there for a week and everyone was super friendly and heartwarming, I had a great time and will definitely come again. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes the sun and wants to be surprised by the Tanzanian culture and friendliness. Obviously Tanzania its self was amazing too!

Room Tip: Gorgeous view
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank RaphaN97
Reviewed 19 February 2018

One of those hot Saturdays in Dar es salaam that one feels like getting out of town away from the hustles of the week be it work or tackling the long foleni’s in town. On short notice we decided to pay a visit to a property nearby; my wife and I decided to have a small road trip to Bagamoyo, specifically to Family Cottages. It was a short notice but we were lucky to get a vacant cottage.

The property has 6 fully furnished bungalows (yes only 6, the fewer the better ) and they all are facing the Indian Ocean. You get to enjoy the beautiful sunrises on the balcony, deep your feet on the warm sand as you take a walk along the Beach and eventually enjoy the cool breeze after you swim into the Indian Ocean. Otherwise spend the afternoon in their swimming pool.

During our visit we were allowed to bring our own drinks, so please do check with their management before bringing any drinks. However, they have a bar fully stocked and a 24 hours’ room and reception service.

Unfortunately, day trippers are not allowed. (Come to think of it, since it’s a quiet and exclusive place I think this is a good idea and should be copied by other small properties to leave all the good things for the residents – sorry I am not selfish but the fewer the better).

So, just after passing the Bagamoyo-Msata round about (approximately 1km from the round-about) as you approach Bagamoyo town, take a sharp right as though heading to Kaole Mamba Ranch or Kaole Snake Park. Drive for about 2km past Millennium Sea Breeze Resort and you will not miss Family Cottages on your left.
It surely is home away from home, romantic hideaway for couples and family vacation. It’s affordable and very friendly team of staff…ooh and they have the cuttest resident dog (Scooby). Thank you @familycottages for hosting my wife and I.
You do have an exclusive and beautiful property.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple