Lowest prices for your stay
$385
Free cancellation until 07/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$340
Tripadvisor$340
Priceline
Agoda.com$386
1,812 results
All reviews lime tree restaurant bamboo rafting presidential pool villa vembanad lake paddle boating lagoon view high tea beautiful property the cottages buffet spread god's own country restaurant staff back waters boat ride f b welcome drink memorable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed February 6, 2015 via mobile

I forget the countless reviews I have done on this resort. It happens to be mine MUST GO TO Resort for each year.

This time I brought my sister from Mumbai as she had heard what a wonderful place Zuri was. In fact she had a choice of either coming to London or go to Kerala. She chose the latter!

I booked 2 cottages for our 10 night stay and as always the service, the food and comfort were top class.

My main reason for staying at the Zuri are the Auyervedic massages. They as always were excellent.

What makes the Zuri special? In one word: People.

I urge to you to experience this excellent resort; so that you will leave feeling totally relaxed, pampered and stress free!

Date of stay: January 2015
sarat_valsraj, General Manager at The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2015

Dear Guest,
Welcome back soon to this beautiful backwater destination.
your feedback is so valuable over the years it helps the team to introspect and improvise on customer service.
The check and measure keeps the team to stay focused and processes help us to deliver quality service with a smile.
The Ashoka tree planted by you since inception at the resort stands testimony to the commitment of the team here.

Reviewed February 6, 2015 via mobile

Very good resort with better service. Resort has exellent view. I would consider to visit again. We had very pleasant dinner with enjoying kathkali and fire show. Resort has nice swimming pool and had exotic environment with coconut tree all over and lake.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
sarat_valsraj, General Manager at The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the feedback on our product and service.
Hope to welcome you back soon to this beautiful backwater destination soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2015

This is a perfect place or should I say a must visit hotel in Kerela. The property is very well maintained and the rooms are huge. If you are on a honeymoon or if you just want to relax, this is the place to be. I enjoyed the lagoon personally. When I stayed there my routine was, wake up at 6am and walk at the garden and around the lagoon area then have my breakfast and a cup of coffee (bread is very delicious). For those people who wants to enjoy Ayurvedic massage, they have a facility just to cater your needs as well (a must try). I remember talking to my girlfriend and showing her how big my room was and she was so amazed and so excited to experience it as well. The only thing that I have noticed missing is street lamp or add more lights going to cottages. One time I went home a little late and find it a little scary walking along the dark lagoon pathway. Overall, I love this property that if I will be given a chance to visit, this is going to be one of my top destination.

Room tip: Deluxe room is more than enough (choose the one near the lagoon)
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank PinoyMema
sarat_valsraj, General Manager at The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback on our product and services.
We have noted the comment on the lighting aspect and to assure that the whole resort works on energy efficiency timer.
Please do visit our website for more details and special offers in our group properties.

Reviewed February 4, 2015

We were a group of 15 staying in 6 rooms, the weekend 30th Jan - 1st Feb.
We had a few mishaps that I have listed later in the review but Zuri, otherwise was a value for money and a very nice property to unwind and relax.

Let me begin with the best parts of the resort, The Rooms are well maintained and the bathroom had a tub. The view from the room of the small pond in the middle was amazing.
The Yoga and meditation center in the middle of the small island made you want to wake up early and meditate. They have a bicycle/ walking track running through the resort as well.
We ordered our meals for dinner beforehand and were served with delicious hoppers and Fish curry and Vegetable stew. I definitely recommend pre ordering meals or going by the a la carte as the Buffet is not very good.

I have to mention the services of our waiter Mugund who took good care of us. He is also one of the few guys there who know whats happening in the restaurant and gets your food quickly and with a smile.

We arrived at 2 int he afternoon hungry and the manager taking advantage of how hungry we were, informs us that it would take 45 mins for the chef to prepare on order and instead asked us to have the buffet at Rs.200 less. It was not nice to force the buffet on us and I havent heard of a kitchen in a 5 star hotel that takes 45 mins to process an order. If this happens to you, don't let yourself be co-erced, the a la carte is better than the buffet!

The biggest disaster of our stay was deciding to go to the Bar for a drink. The drinks are pricey at Rs.600 and they should make sure there is a decent bartender for the amount charged. Instead, they had an intern. He served me a Mojito, with no ice and Vodka instead of Rum, this was 30 mins after we ordered. The drinks were disastrous, with some of us not going beyond a sip. The manager or someone came in and apologized saying they couldnt handle the numbers. It wasn't about the numbers, the intern made to tend the bar was Clueless!!

After a long day by the sauna and Jacuzzi, we came back to the room to find it unmade at 1pm. The Housekeeping manager tells us they only clean rooms at 2pm. We know that was not the case for many of us. Never heard of Room cleaning at 2pm, when all you want to do is Nap. I would advice you make a request to clean your room in the morning so you dont have your siesta invaded.

Lastly, the women employees do not know how to smile. Specially the front desk person, Ms.Vijitha, she wasn't just rude, she didnt know we understood malayalam when she was making fun of us. Highly unprofessional.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Anu V
sarat_valsraj, General Manager at The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2015

Dear Guest,
We have noted your feedback very closely and happy that overall the group did enjoy the visit to the destination.
Areas of concern mentioned has been dealt immediately.
Apologize on behalf of the team members behavior and appropriate discretion has been emphasized to the employee in question.
Thank you once again for staying with us and hope to welcome you back soon with friends and family.

Reviewed February 3, 2015 via mobile

Generally I don't like to over exaggerate the reviews but this time I have no describe the experience at the Zuri. I am simply spell bound. I would recommend anyone who can afford the zuri to please come and experience..its definetly once I in a lifetime in a resort. Be it food or the rooms or the house keeping..the zuri blows ur mind in every aspect .

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amitlegal
sarat_valsraj, General Manager at The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2015

Dear Guest,
We are humbled and happy that the product and services met all expectation.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our group properties and experience hospitality the way it is meant to be,