“Pleasant dinner with excellent service”
Review of L'Oustaloun

L'Oustaloun
Reserve with
L'Oustaloun is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$17 - US$51
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We tried almost everything on the menu and were quite pleased with the presentation, preparation and service. I believe it’s the best option on the square in maussanne. Ideally you can eat outside.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Had a lovely meal here. One first course featured fish prepared three ways, including a wonderful smoked trout. Main courses were excellent and the dessert - nougat filling in an incredible rectangular box made of chocolate - was decadent. Service was attentive and friendly. Restaurant is right on the square opposite the church & very convenient.

1  Thank massrunner67
thierry f, Propriétaire at L'Oustaloun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Massrunner67

We pay special attention to all messages on the internet.
On behalf of the entire team of Oustaloun we wanted to thank you for your comments on our restaurant reviews in this site
  We're glad the've enjoyed and we will consider your suggestions to further improve our services.
Hope to see you soon in our region.

Best Regards,

Marielle & Thierry Fabregoul

Reviewed 28 April 2018

My husband and I live part of the year in nearby St-Rémy-de-Provence and have been coming to this restaurant for a long time. It's one of our favorites in the area and I can honestly say that we've never had a bad meal. Quite the contrary! The food is always excellent and the service attentive. My husband has celiac disease (severe gluten intolerance) and the owners always make sure his meal is safe for him to eat, even checking the labels on some of their ingredients to be extra sure.
As a bonus, the restaurant sits on one of the most charming squares in Provence and a meal there is always a delight. And if the weather turns cool, the indoor dining room is equally pleasant.
For a memorable Provençal meal, L'Oustaloun is an outstanding choice.

thierry f, Propriétaire at L'Oustaloun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Valouvv,

Thanks you so much for your message on tripAdvisor.
We re so glad to saw you each time you come in the aréa and visit us.
You know we try to make attention with all of our meal when there could be have some problems with allergies or intolérance .
we look forward to seeing you again in Maussane les Alpilles at l' OUSTALOUN
Take Care
Marielle et Thierry

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Four of us had lunch there. Very friendly service. Veal, duck and beef were excellent. Sorbets made with liquors were very good too. Nothing fantastic, but a great place to have an enjoyable lunch in a very nicely decorated and remodeled traditional Provençal house.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Combo hotel/restaurant with a delightful decor. We were there for lunch, so I didn’t think much about wine, just ordered a glass of “vin rouge local”, and got one of the best wines I can remember tasting.
My companion was vegan and they didn’t have much on the menu for her, but the waiters were the owners and they figured out a solution. I ordered the andouillette. I’d never had the guts to try that before, but I took the plunge because I trusted them to do anything right. It came with bacon and mashed potatoes in a mustard sauce that set off the sausage perfectly.