“PagudpudAdventure”

Terra Rika Beach & Dive Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pagudpud
Reviewed December 19, 2016 via mobile

The staffs are nice and very friendly. The room they gave me wasn't good. If you are going to stay on one of their standard rooms please avoid checking in on room 20. The door lock is busted. The hotel food was just okay.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo

Reviewed November 24, 2016 via mobile

Recommended by the travel agency, too expensive for a small room, really. Even the restaurant charges too much for the food. Anyway we went there for the beach and whoa!!!! We fell in love with the shell beach, no it's not sand, it's pulverized seashells!!!! I just died and went to beach heaven. Water so clear, fishes swimming with you, oh my God, best beach ever. It was 19degrees being post X'mas but my excitement kept me warm. Beautiful, one for the soul, and unlike the side where you find Hannah s, this side is quiet, just my type of crowd.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank MIrene D
Reviewed September 28, 2016

The hotel was fine, well located just in front of the beach, even if it should be renovated.
The room was ok.
Price reasonable.
But there was not water in the bathroom !!!
Unfortunatel I did not check it when I visited the room.
So it is my mistake as in Philippines this happens often (no water or little).
My friend changed of room so I could have a shower in his room.

Room Tip: check if the room has water before check in
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Philippe P
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

We stayed there for a night and paid 6k for a group of 6

First off, our stay in the resort was pleasurable and relaxing. The staff were very accommodating and very courteous as well. The facilities were clean and presentable.

Second, The biggest problem we have was upon checking out. To our disappointment our vehicle was side swiped by an unknown vehicle that was parked somewhere behind the reception area of Terra Rika. We have courteously and continuously asked the staff of Terra Rika and the neighboring resort (Apo Idon) to get a hold of the CCTV footage so that we could at least identify the plate number of the vehicle that had damaged us. We were replied with excuses and more excuses. We even asked for the phone number of the proper authorities to whom we could address our concern. We were given a number that was supposedly, a direct line to the above mentioned authorities but was actually a number that lead directly to the person that we were speaking to (not so smart). The damage is not so extensive but the way we were treated was unacceptable. We were treated like we were outsiders, like we were not supposed to be there and like we were invisible. We felt like we had no right to complain of the damage that was done on our property! Considering that fact that it was under the responsibility of the resort

To make things worse, we were told that the CCTV camera at Terra Rika, was not actually working. It was nothing more but a wall flower. So, we did the only option that we had. We left our information with the promise that they will be updating us at 5PM of the same day. 5PM came and 5PM passed, nothing happened. I called Mimi of Terra Rika, asking for an update, she said she will be getting back to me and nothing happened.

Third. Our courteous request was to simply identify the the plate number and contact information of the vehicle that damaged ours and everything else will be done by us. WE HAVE BEEN IGNORED MULTIPLE TIMES AND THE MANAGEMENT OF TERRA RIKA HAS DONE NOTHING TO IMPROVE OUR SITUATION. THE MANAGEMENT'S INCOMPETENCE IS THE BIGGEST FACTOR WHY THIS INCIDENT HAS HAPPENED, AND THEY HAVE SPARED NO EFFORT WHATSOEVER IN RESOLVING THIS ISSUE.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
4  Thank Princess F
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

The place definitely needs improvement.

Issues:
1. The rooms on the third floor (for groups of 8-10) did not have any water supply.
2. Third room we transferred to (2nd floor) was a smaller room.
3. Water supply was better but the water coming out of the faucet wasn't clear. It was too murky I dreaded to take a shower!
4. The toilet seat was dirty. When I wiped it my wet wipes turned black on the parts that touched the seat.
5. The corridors smelled like molds.

Good points (the 2 reasons I didn't give it zero stars):
1. Attentive and accommodating staff.
2. Architecture of the interior was good.

My advice? Hop on over to the resort right across it. I think the name is Apo Idon. I got to inspect their rooms coz I was soooo willing to get my own room just so I'd get a good shower. The place is well maintained, clean and the water from the faucet was clear. The drag is you have to pay in cash if you want to get a big discount. Otherwise the cheapest room you can get is 3k pesos. It is good for 2-4 people though so I guess it's a good deal, if only one of my friends was willing to pay extra just to get a better shower.

Stay away!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
5  Thank Mike M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pagudpud
45.6 km away
0.1 km away
Pagudpud Rinnovati
Pagudpud Rinnovati
#13 of 34 in Pagudpud

Been to Terra Rika Beach & Dive Resort? Share your experiences!