Palm Grove Saud Holiday Complex(Pagudpud)(Great Value!)
US$22
Agoda.com
Casa Victoria Beach Resort(Pagudpud)(Great Value!)
US$20
Casa Consuelo(Pagudpud)
Ace Guesthouse(Pagudpud)
Akemaku villas(Pagudpud)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslemongrass teadigital detoxmountain resortfriendly dogssound of the wavessisigfruit shakesflower necklacesescargotcool springopen your eyesfresh coconutcold riverdog namedplaying gamesmovie nightthe food tasted great
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Highly recommended! If you want to veer away from conventional type of resort, Pannzian is the place to be. Travel time is worth it. The place is awesome. Owners and staff are very accomodating. Food choices are great. They even have farms, river and spring. The dogs are friendly and you can take them with you if you just want to stroll around the area. No signal (except Smart), no wi-fi, no tv but there are variety of activities to choose from. We'll be back promise. :)

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jerosalem D
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

With the whole.company. next with be my whole family.
What spot i like the most is when the river meet with the sea water..
The water is so fresh not salty at all.. sana madala ko ang buong pamilya ko dito soon..

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 29 May 2017

The scenic drive from Cagayan Province to Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte was about 2.5 hours. We wanted to breakaway for a day and I thought going to a rain forest in Pagudpud was exactly what we needed. Did I mention, the resort is "OFF THE GRID" no internet/ cell signal :-) My husband was such a sport and let me book the place right away.

Arrival:
At the gate of Pannzian Beach, the guard asked for our name and it was obvious that he was expecting us. He asked us to wait a moment as he calls the front desk from his cell phone to inform them of our arrival. He helped us find the best parking and assisted with our bags.

Front Desk/Lobby:
We each got lei'd - a Hawaiian symbol of welcome and friendship. Then, served a large mason jar of Fresh Coconut Mint mocktail. It was so GOOD! Nothing beats fresh - farm to table service.

We decided to get a quick lunch before we check in. The Ilocos Bread sandwich with crispy vigan longaniza, cucumber and kale with tamarind dressing, and then their Signature Pancit Sisig with Banana Blossom. Our first meal was satisfying and we could not wait for dinner. Their staff suggests that we pre-order our dinner.

Accommodation: Room Three (Queen Bed for 2)
It was past 3Pm when we finally checked into our room. Clean Simple Room with wooden furnishings, Comfortable bed, hot shower, and cold air conditioner. They provide basic amenities (soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste), towels

Beach: VERY CLEAN!
The waves and current was strong that afternoon, but it did not stop us from swimming and enjoying the sun. The beauty about this beach is the river that runs through it. We have never experienced swimming in warm salt water and then just a few steps down the shore you could dip in fresh, cold vibrant spring water. What a haven! The black and white river rocks are beautiful, making this place unique.

Healing Garden:
Their cuisine is inspired by the owner - Bing. We had the pleasure of spending time with her during our stay. She gave us the history of Pannzian how their family was able to provide a sense of pride and community among the locals that they hire. The unique taste from their cuisine is greatly influenced by her visits to other asian countries. Their menus are reminiscent of Thai cuisine. Flavors are deep, fresh, herbaceous, healthy & Green. There are local favorites like their signature Mongo with bagnet. Oh My :-) a must try.

They also have an herb and vegetable garden and a lush landscape. Bing informed us that being in the rainforest helps sustain the growth and health of the plants. The dew in the early morning and at night helps water the plants. We fell in love with the many colors of San Francisco plant and she generously gave us cuttings of each variety and many other plants, names that are foreign to me.

**Special Touch! They serve Fresh Tarragon Tea after every meal. Love the flavor for it reminds of rootbeer.

Activities:
Bonfire by the beach - they provide marshmallows....
I suggest you bring chocolate bars and graham crackers and make smores!!!

Early morning trek to the Spring. It was a manageable walk, about 20 minutes. It was all worth it. Taking a dip in the brisk water was refreshing. I'm the kind of person that hates outdoors.... but this place I truly enjoyed. Our guide, was an old man, he was quiet with gentle eyes. On the trail, Manong spots edible vegies. He gave us "pepinitos" miniature pepino (cucumber) the size of a red bean to try. It was delicious, I must have eaten a handful. He did not say much - but we felt that words are not necessary coz the place was truly beautiful.

Make sure to wear something for swimming. Wear the right foot gear. Flipflops can be tricky. Bring water for drinking - you will get parched from the long walk.

I highly recommend this place. For the entire family, couples, team building, retreats etc. The beautiful and serene Pannzian was the hard work of Bing and her family. They gave careful thought, endless time, love, and attention into every area.

Thank you Pannzian Staff for taking care of us during our stay. We are coming back with a big group in July. See you very soon!

Room Tip: book rooms closest to the beach
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jojocam2
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

My 1st visit was with a friend of mine on the last week of April. We only stayed for a day yet, I loved the place and even called it my soul place.

1st week of May with my Lola and Nephew with my crazy cousin was better.

The peacefulness had my grumpy lola in a great mood all smiles and kept saying that the place is a paradise.
Even my nephew who is the epitome of playfulness and TV addict didnt even asked for TV nor a CP to plat with (milagro)!

We just spent the day lounging in our verranda talking, or at the hammock area laughing bout life.
In the late afternoon we just walked around the farm, picking Mulberry and Pepinito which was uberly delish, while the little one got a new baby, a turkey egg!

When the 1st night fell, we just sat around the bonfire drinking their local concoction of Ilokana and Spicy Mango Margarita while having smores courtesy of the resort.

The next day was better day I mean duh!
Helping the community pull their fresh catch of "Siriw" fish.
Then jumping into salty ocean with clear water that you can just simply rinse at the cold river on the other side. Who would have thought of having both.!
Not satisfied go trek to the spring.

BTW the food are to die for!
Its all organic farm to table!
Anyone who had fought with a tough Tapa before?
Well here, no fights just savor them!!

And Ms Bing and her staff including their dogs are the best!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived 7pm on the first of our 2-night stay. We were met by the cordial front-desk staff and her crew (they're all women) and handed us buko mint shake. Though there are mandatory stairs because this is like a mountain cum beach resort, even arriving in the evening I can feel the ambience of the place. It is both relaxing and inviting.

We were calmly helped to our cottage by a smiling crew (again, ladies). Since there are six of us in our party we chose to set-up our own tent in the green front yard next to our cottage. The camp area is to the beach but we found that without thicker bedding, the heat in the sand is disturbing which made us chose to set-up our tent in the grass instead. We paid corkage for the tent, which is very minimal.

The food is good: organic upland rice, the veggies were harvested from their own garden within the resort area. Sea foods, poultry and meat are available for serving with one-hour advanced notice for preparation. Breakfast choices include Filipino and continental dishes. The children enjoyed their luscious tsokolate and, for me and my wife, we picked the lemongrass tea with tarragon and oregano herbs. Wonderful! I also liked their tuna sandwich, which is a generous serving in wheat bread.

The nights that we stayed (Holy Week) there was a bonfire and the staff handed us marshmallow. There was also an outdoor community movie viewing which is cool. Let me add that the rooms have no TV sets nor wifi access but that helped more in the experience. Forced us to engage everyone--again, a delightful experience.

Beside the beach is a brook that allows for cooling after a dip in the warmer seawater. The water is clean and is inviting. My family actually liked it too. The sea is a little rough but the family enjoyed the pull of the water as the waves break and roll back to the sea.

There is another activity that we purposely missed because of the duration of our stay but, according to the owner, Ms Bing, should have been a must.

Overall, my conclusion: the stay and experience are highly recommended. The staff is very warm and accommodating, food is exceptionally good, price is very reasonable, the ambience was as expected (though could be hard to the elderly because of the mandatory concrete stairs as there are no PWD access to the cottages and beach--the higher accommodations maybe don't need it) and you get to hear firsthand of the community transformation that sort of became the advocacy of the owner. You'll sure like to hear of the story from herself.

Ergo, 3D2N stay is a very short one especially that there are attactions near the area (Bangui Windmills, Kapurpurawan rock formations, etc) adding up to the lure of the place.

Thank you, Bing and staff.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family