“Big money for fish and chips”

Drunken Sailor Cafe
Ranked #7 of 9 Restaurants in Bluff
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Visited with a group on Saturday night. Took an hour from ordering only a main for me to get fed. One of our party got his main when others had finished theirs. The restaurant was not full or busy. Food was expensive and mine was basic fish, chips and a non descript salad with no dressing. Fish was battered and had yukky oily taste.Disappointed as I have advocated for this restaurant previously. Decor is stunning after rebuild from fire.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

This is an up market eating spot in bluff
Great food and views
Has been closed for a while due to fire
Would recommend to the traveler with a few extra dollars

1  Thank Zacchary C
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Food was nice ..no problems fresh and tasty . Size of portions quite large.. comes with condiments.
service was reasonable for a large group ... you definitely have to book for lunch when we went.. not sure about dinner but I wouldn't chance it..

Reviewed 14 December 2015

The food were okay and location was good. But very expensive, it does not justify the price of a dozen of oyster for $56 and a bowl of sea food chowder $36. The waitress were prejudice to us. I was vacationing there to visit my brother and my niece . Along with me were my Asian family. I live in NYC for more than two decades. It really upset me was when I asked for a drinking water for us to drink since no potable water was served on our table and the table next to us had glass container with drinking water, the waitress only directed me to go to the table where they stock their pitchers of water and for us to get it ourselves. It really disgust me their treatment that instead of leaving 20% tip as I usually do here in NYC, I ended up leaving nothing.

2  Thank Medotski
Reviewed 16 April 2015

As an ex Southlander, I always go to Sterling Point and have a meal at the cafe for old times sake. Where else can you view such a wild ocean and coastline in warmth and comfort?
The blue cod always tastes wonderful and the service of the staff is always top notch. It is an awesome place to spend some time taking in the food,the drink and the views. I love oysters but the blue cod is a cheaper option not to be missed if you like fresh,tasty fish.

3  Thank pam255118