“Cooking Class great value”

Spirit House Thai Cooking Class
More attraction details
Owner description: Spirit House Village is a replica of a traditional Thai village transported and reconstructed from the ancient city of Ayudhya complete with a ruined temple.A journey into the past,an enlightment of the food,dress,music,lifestyle,cultureand tradition.Beautiful gardens,restaurant,spa&cooking classes.Corner of Chaweng beach rd/Laem Din intersection.Free admittance for walk through.ph.077414101
Reviewed 8 January 2015

We loved this cooking class and we were lucky as we were the only ones there which was even better. They had everything ready and they explained the ingredients for each dish then we cooked it with them. Then we got to eat it !!!! Fresh ingredients with great flavour etc which we really enjoyed - tasting as we went to make sure we liked the flavour etc we made between us Coconut crusted prawns, chicken satay, Thai beef salad, green papaya salad, chicken coconut soup, tom yum soup, red duck curry and green chicken curry. We could not eat it all but we tried everything and it was great.

Reviewed 5 September 2014

We had a great day at Spirit House doing the cooking school. Was a little worried at first seeing some of the food (meats out on the bench for a long time). The grounds were a little run down (not quite like the website) But... The staff the cooking class the food was fantastic! I loved it! We prepared cooked and ate lots and YUM! We got a DVD after the class of recipes and when we came home to Australia we were straight off to the supermarket and cooking up beautiful dishes. This will stay with me for a long time!

1  Thank Prendys5
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is a review of the restaurant rather than the cooking class. We went for dinner. This is a large restaurant in traditional Thai style and is quite charming however we were surprised that there was nobody else there. Steamed sea bass was excellent, chicken with lime leaves was also good. Banana fried with some vanilla ice cream was boring.

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Cooking next to a pond, very nice view, but compare to other classes I join in Samui, I would say it's more suitable for couple or not well cook.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Travelling alone it can sometimes be hard to find things to do. The spirit house village was located just next to my hotel so I went to explore the gorgeous surroundings. Set up like an old ruined village with beautiful lakes and ruined buildings it's a sight to see whether you cook or not. I had a private lesson choosing 4 dishes from a set menu to cook. When I arrived I was greeted with a drink at the bar before being introduced to the chef. I was taken step by step through the recipes I'd chosen and taught how to cook them. After each dish you're invited to sit and enjoy the meal you created. I would advise not to eat before you arrive as there's lots to eat! Once finished I was presented with a certificate and a cd containing all the recipes so I can do them at home. A great touch I thought. A great day out for singles, couples or groups. The staff are so friendly and posted photos of my day on their Facebook page so I can remember the experience. Really worth a try!

1  Thank ClaireRebecca91