All reviews grand pool suite private pool personal butler fresh oysters thai restaurant koh samui butler service outdoor bathtub spg platinum four seasons ocean view open bathroom our honeymoon turn down service beautiful property spa treatments pool bar
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Our room was 612 which gave us seclusion, peace and a view I will remember until I visit next year! The sign of a good holiday is where there are so many staff to thank for their kindness, generosity and outright professionalism you end up writing a list on your phone. Edward and Junior listened attentively and provided us with fruit they new we liked. We arrived to a bottle of Prosecco, a cake, a basket of succulent Thai bananas and a letter from the hotel General Manager (Dieter Ruckenbauer) thanking us for choosing to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary at their hotel. We received various presents in our room from talking to staff about fruit we loved and soon afterwards we were presented with our own selection in the room. In some cases they went outside of the hotel to obtain products including allowing us to try Durians. Not everyones liking I know but we wanted to try it...and we did! Tiger, Victor, Sadi and their team Pupe, Aor, Zeagame and Ef to name a few made us feel so special. I have never experienced such a sadness leaving a place like Vana Belle. The fact that the staff asked to have photos taken with us proves the trust and relationship we had developed over the 11 nights we stayed at the hotel. When staff gather to watch you leave makes you understand what proper hotel management is about. Thank you, thank you....Thank You.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are good but the grounds are so well maintained that the view will be good wherever you are.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
GM-VBLC, General Manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Peter H,
Thank you very much for your delightful review.
I am glad that we were able to provide you and your wife with seclusion, peace and an exceptional view of the Gulf of Thailand. Thank you for choosing our resort in order to celebrate your 30th wedding anniversary. Vana Belle associates and I are delighted that you enjoyed our exceptional service as well as the finest facilities that we offer. We are continuously driving for excellence with the key focus on providing top-notch personalized service and facilities to our valuable guests who will always feel special and being taken care of.
Rest assured that your kind words have been communicated with a special hand written thank you note to Edward, Junior, Tiger, Victor, Sadi, Pupe, Aor, Zeagame and Ef.
Vana Belle associates and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back next year.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful design hotel, private feel to beach compared to neighboring hotels. Great gym with lifestyle machine, squat rack and free weights to 20kg

I booked for an anniversary surprise. While there exists a star rating for hotels, the star system does not capture probably the most important element - service.

There is obligatory service as described in a job description, there is service with a smile, then there exceptional service. What does that mean to me? I experienced it at this resort. It includes everything you expect and then the things you don’t expect.

I will list examples:

1- great communication prior to arrival re: transportation needs or other special requests.

2- room had everything I could want, and was always restocked and cleaned when we were out. They never interrupted a morning slumber or afternoon nap. It was clearly coordinated since once we headed back to our room after a short swim and were advised at the pool that our room was being cleaned.

3- we were always greeted by name

4- we have some dietary restrictions and adjustments were made without us asking

5- We were acknowledged as spg members and given discounts without asking.

6- I asked for a surprise beach dinner and was a little concerned about rain. They were flexible about the date and decided to proceed 2 hrs before sunset once it looked like we had a clear rain free window of time. Dinner was great, the setting with roses, candles, ‘sand art’, and music. The service at dinner was beyond attentive. The wife was impressed and surprised. I have organized about 4 other beach dinners over the years and I think this was the most beautiful.

7- when we returned to the villa after the romantic anniversary dinner, our tub was filled with warm water, bubbles and rose petals. I did not ask for that and would not have thought to ask for it. But, they thought of it and what a great idea. Wife was impressed again and I got the credit:)

8- based on some previous reviews, I was concerned that there would be a swarm of insects during the rainy season. I am not a fan of bug bites. Was not an issue and they provided free repellent and outdoor bug repellent coils. I never used it.

9- their Signature cocktail is awesome. Try it. Their mojitos were great too.

10- lastly, everyone there took care of us and made my wife feel special on our anniversary. She will never forget this trip and she didn’t want to leave.

11 - May thanks to Song who coordinated the smallest details for our short stay and was the mastermind for making it special. She also made a great dining recommendation in the one night we left the resort and anticipated our driver needs before we asked. But honestly, there is no need to leave.

On site dining details are covered in prior reviews.

We stayed in a tropical pool villa that had great view of ocean and was surrounded by trees. We also had a partial view of the waterfall. I would stay there again. Very private and spacious.

Once again, Song is so good at what she does, she delivers before I think to ask. She is a superstar! She is just one example of the many wonderful people at Vana belle. They make the beautiful resort exceptional. Without them, this would be just like any other luxury beachfront boutique hotel and I would not have written more than a few sentences.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
GM-VBLC, General Manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear m5clt,
Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your impressions from your latest stay at Vana Belle.
It is certainly an incredible review, thank you.
We are very proud that Khun Song was able to exceed your expectations, that she thought and coordinated the smallest details in order to create an amazing ambience for your very special anniversary stay.
It is lovely to hear that you and your wife enjoyed the privacy and your spacious tropical pool villa. This room category provides the largest rooms and is very popular due to the close location to the beautiful beach, surrounded by the magnificent magical forest.
Our Vana Belle associates take pride in providing the highest standards of service to ensure that each of our guests have a memorable stay. I will ensure that we recognize Khun Song for her exceptional service and thank our housekeeping team for their perfect coordination to provide an amazing stay.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We had a wonderful 8-day stay in Vana Belle in the first week of September. The hotel, its grounds, and the service provided by staff are all spectacular. We upgraded to a Grand Pool Suite, which is a larger than standard room, with more privacy and with a superb view of the ocean. The room and the amenities were, again, quite simply superb. The only downside of the room for some guests is that it is on the top floor of the building (hence the view), with two flights of stairs and no lift – people with limited mobility should book into other types of rooms. The hotel is built on a hill overlooking the beach, so there is a bit of walking/climbing inherent in the whole thing, but a super-efficient buggy service is provided which can take one to the beach or to the main road (with numerous restaurants etc). The breakfast is excellent, as is the daily complimentary afternoon tea.

The weather in early September was also very good, the only issue being that jellyfish were present in the sea (but the beachside pool was more than adequate). While the Vana spa is excellent, it is also pricey; the massage ladies on the beach (unaffiliated with the hotel) are very friendly and I would suggest using them as well.

By far the best thing about Vana Belle are the people. We got the best service that we’ve experienced in any hotel, always with a smile and every effort made. We would specially mention our butler Rick, Zeagame at breakfast, and Victor and Mam by the pool. The rest of the staff at breakfast were also particularly wonderful. Going from Vana Belle to the Shangri-La in Bangkok was like day and night in terms of service – it’s not that the latter is bad, it’s just how good Vana Belle is. Don’t hesitate to go there (time of the year permitting) – we will certainly be coming back.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
GM-VBLC, General Manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Marko M,

Thank you very much for your superb review.
I am thrilled to hear that you had an amazing stay at Vana Belle. The Grand Pool Suite is certainly one of our most popular rooms due to the additional privacy and the unbelievable view of the ocean.
In addition, I am very pleased to hear that our Vana Belle team members left a lasting impression. Our associates take pride in providing the highest standards of service that comes from the heart to ensure that each of our guests have a spectacular and memorable stay.
Rest assured your kind words have been shared with your butler Khun Rick, Khun Zeagame, Khun Victor and Khun Mam who were delighted to be of service in creating an excellent experience.
It is the passion of our wonderful Vana Belle associates who bring the resort to live. We are happy that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings in particular Kiree breakfast which is very well known on the island.
We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

The highlight for me was definitely their F&B outlets. Their breakfast is superb, and since my stay there I have encountered several other travellers that have also shared the same sentiment. The ambience of their Thai restaurant is great for couples as it's very romantic and the food quality is also amazing - the soft-shell crab curry is a must have.

A second highlight is housekeeping. The room cleanliness and turndown service is great. My girlfriend and I were both huge fans of the jar of cookies which they sent while making up the room. That was a really nice touch on top of the amenities.

All the staff were very personable and enjoyable to interact with.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
GM-VBLC, General Manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Winchel Y,

Thank you very much for your terrific review.

I am pleased to hear that we were able to curate a wonderful holiday for you and your girlfriend. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings which are indeed well known on the island. Our culinary team takes much pride and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our South Thai food dishes, too, in particular our very popular soft shell crab curry.
I shall also pass your compliments on to our housekeeping team. It is lovely that we could surprise you with our homemade cookies.
Vana Belle associates and I look forward to welcoming you and your girlfriend back for another equally pleasant experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

What really impressed me was the service! All the staff are so warm and they are really going all out to make your trip a memorable one. From the check-in staff (Brooklyn) to the personal Butler (Rick) to the staff at the restaurants or the staff that picks you up in the buggy. They remember your name and room number even thou you only briefly met them once. The ocean view room is amazing! You can watch the sunrise from your room! Initially I was worried because of the wooden decor; if not properly maintained, it can look very dated. But the rooms are in good condition and everything was fantastic!

Stayed: August 2018
GM-VBLC, General Manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Reverie88c,

Thank you very much for your exceptional review.
I am extremely pleased to learn that our Vana Belle associates impressed you with their warm and sincere service.
The Ocean View Room category provides an amazing view and the sunrise is indeed spectacular.
Our Vana Belle associates take great pride in providing the highest standards of service to ensure that each of our guests have a memorable stay. It is wonderful to hear that Khun Brooklyn as well as Khun Rick delivered on this promise. We will recognize both of them for their excellent work.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience.

Best wishes,