Muang Samui Spa Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$209
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$247/night.

KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$72
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Cheeky Monkey's(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$18
US$11
Agoda.com
Nora Beach Resort and Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$126
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$196
Agoda.com
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$128
Chaweng Buri Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$107
Trip.com
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$211
Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$83
Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$95
Priceline
All reviewsolivio restaurantpool villachaweng beachitalian fooddeluxe villaour honeymoonshallow waterspacious roomrooms are bigbeach frontmain partbars and restaurantsthe main streethappy hourtidebaantaxi
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

LONG POST BUT READ TO END.

As young newly weds, my husband and I booked our trip to Thailand intending to backpack around the beautiful islands booking hotels by night rather than advance. We arrived in Samui and decided to look for a mid to high end hotel to settle into our honeymoon. Looking at the pictures and reviews we invested in said hotel.

The hotel is located up a very steep hill at the top of Chaweng Beach so a good 25min walk into the centre.

Check in we waited an hour for the room to get ready so we lay by the pool which had very few sun loungers but on the beach so wasn’t an issue.

Finally we were shown to our room; we walked through jungle type bushes and trees which look lovely but attract a lot of mosquitoes and insects so prepare to be eaten to death. My poor husband must have tasty blood because he is covered in bites!
Because the hotel attracts a lot of mozzi and creepy crawly there is a device in your room which you can plug in and apparently that stops them from coming in? Hmm.

Sleep was tough. The air con is set to 25 degrees and won’t go lower so can get very uncomfortable. Not hot, just a bit close. We asked to move rooms at 3am it was that uncomfortable but the alternative was just the same.

But this is the best part... and the reason for this review!

CHECK OUT...
The worst experience of my life so far. The worst end to our honeymoon!
Ironically we didn’t bother complaining about the experience we had at the hotel, I suppose we decided we would just swallow the bill and decide better hotel next time.

Anyway, we waited for the staff to inspect our room before we left, sat in reception looking forward to the day ahead when a sorry looking young girl came over to tell us we had to be charged for ALL of the towels AND bed linen because they were ‘too dirty’.

Dumbfounded I asked to look at the towels to see what had happened to them. I was given a face cloth that I had used...on my face...to wash off my makeup. There was bronzer on it which they claim would not come off. They proceeded to show me my bath towel which again had a small amount of tan on it and then the bed sheets which had marks on from the body lotion we had used.

One of the towels did have a bigger mark on it as I dropped my bronzer and used the towel to partly clean the floor.

First and foremost, towels and sheets do tend to get dirty which is why we have to clean them so often. So I was shocked to hear they attempted to scrub off the makeup which they said had stained and they would have to bin.

In my disbelief I took the most soiled towel (the one used to clean up) and walked over to the sink near reception, took their cheap hand wash, and successfully removed 100% of the bronzer with minimal effort. Proving the makeup would come out.

This proof was not enough, they insisted we pay the charge or we could not check out.

I started taking the towels from reception and washing them in the sink desperately trying to show them the makeup would come off, asking them if they use washing machines or if they would like me to hand wash myself.

The manager came later after I had washed all of my towels and bed linen in the sink of the reception, humiliated and upset at what I was having to do to justify myself. Never before have I experienced this.
The manager suggested that I pay a reduced fine now the towels were clean? WHAT???

I began to feel as though we were being taken advantage of. The towels were clean and they still wanted to fine us???
ROBBERY!!!

I ended up threatening to call the police as the nightmare was never ending. Fortunately after the manager finished practically laughing in my face she told us to just go. She was rude and defeated.

Sorry about the novel type review but I’m so upset.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jadecoooper
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Check in was quick efficient and very good English spoken.
Half hour into room upon having a cup of tea there was opened sugar and dirty cotton buds between plates. Jug had issues as the handle burnt my husbands hand. Also mothballs in bathroom to offset sewerage smell and hubby could not fit in toilet cubicle.
Night one- air conditioner didn’t work and the actual resort is you have to walk over a busy lane to get to pool, breakfast and the beach! And the motorbikes coming and going was terrible.
Hubby asked very very nicely at 4 am was there another room so he could sleep , one with an air conditioner working. Told a report had to be done and come back at 9 am!!!!
9 am- guess what, no one could understand English!!!!!
Had to upgrade room, which was heaven and close to pool and beach and breakfast.
No response to any compensation, but letter of demand on last night asking for money to be paid that night before morning. WTF- we paid on leaving and guess what, they could speak very good English.
Needless to say we didn’t eat there other than breakfast. Pool area, area for kids but never saw anyone use the toilet..... we swam in the ocean.
Nice restaurants up the beach.
My best advice is there is nicer places around. I really glad we only booked 5 nights, not whole trip at this resort.
We must have missed the lovely staff, clean rooms etc.
Beds are very very hard and pillows are either extra hard or extras extra soft.
They keep the oil burners going in your room to mask the continuous sewerage smells

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
5  Thank busterandbailey
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Our daughter and myself had a few days to ourselves in the Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Hotel. All the staff are so friendly and helpful whilst at the same time giving you privacy.
The breakfasts were so tasty with lots of choice from both local and international cuisine.
The infinity seimming pool overlooks the white sandy beach.
I would have preferred newer towels for the shower but everything else was lovely.
The beach towels were soft and fluffy. Lots of small touches gave the edge eg hot milk with the coffee, smart cutlery, cocktails available at the pool (long happy hours), lovely gardens.
Would very much recommend and thanks to all the hard working staff for their being so friendly. Best wishes Regards Pauline and Kate.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank NottinghamPauline
MGMT_BaanHaadNgam, Manager at Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Pauline and Kate,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such an amazing feedback with us on TripAdvisor and for choosing Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas. Your kind words have been shared to the tire team and we are very thankful for your kind appreciation towards our resort and delighted to hear that you and your daughter had a great time during your stay with us and were satisfied with our variety of buffet breakfast from Olivio, the infinity pool, the happy hours, our gardens and the most important thing –our friendly staff service.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for highly recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Baan Haad Ngam resort for another memorable stay whenever your travels bring you to Koh Samui.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I have been stayed in the deplux pool villa for 5D4N, hotel provided me
1. Free airport transfer ( round trip), even the hotel is just 10 mind apart from it
2. Welcome fruit basket & champagne
3. Free mini bar ( refill everyday)

The hotel had its private beach, with good scenery and just a few steps from our villa, but it is not good for swimming as there are too many small rocks.

The staff there are nice and friendly, so they worth so tips as rewards.

The restaurant OLEVIO, provided good meals at reasonable price, but the buffet breakfast do not provide so many choices.

What I have to complain is that, the shower does not provide any hot water for bathing, but I did not tell the staff there as I was busy.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seth C
MGMT_BaanHaadNgam, Manager at Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor and for choosing Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas for your vacation. We are very glad to hear that you had a great time and were satisfied with our staff service. Your comment regarding the shower has been forwarded to the Maintenance Team in attempting to improve our products and service for the future guests. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels brings you to Koh Samui

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We came to the Baan Haad Ngan hotel from another hotel a little further out of Chewang Beach. This probably spoilt us as our first impression of the room was that it was a bit tired.
However the staff were very friendly and helpful and we had a really nice week there.
We booked a duplex pool room with an upstairs pool and were disappointed that between the pool and the lovely sea view was a large number of tin rooves which rather took away the ambience. That we had water dripping through from the pool onto the settee in the bedroom below was also disappointing.
But I say again, we had a really enjoyable week at this hotel and thank the staff for that.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAsvisor and for choosing Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas for your vacation! Your kind comment was shared to the entire team and we're glad to hear that you had an enjoyable week during your stay with us and were satisfied with our staff service. However your comment regarding the water dripping was passed to the Maintenance team. All guest comment is valuable as it allows us to continuously improve our products and services for our future guests.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you back again whenever your travels bring you to Koh Samui.