2,248 results
All reviews plunge pool room tree tops restaurant ocean kiss treetop restaurant our honeymoon koh samui shared pool outdoor bathroom mosquito net pool bar cold towels fire show turn down service main pool amazing hotel little touches pool access
Reviewed 22 September 2018

We stayed for just under three weeks, and had a great holiday. Unfortunately it was despite, rather than because of the hotel. Some things were great.The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The plunge pool room was spacious and had a very comfy bed. The staff were all helpful and friendly and generally addressed us by name. The spa was excellent. The beach is nice, although not the best I've seen on Koh Samui, and is better if you turn left rather than right.
However, there were too many instances of lack of attention to detail. Check-in felt rushed and chaotic, maybe because there was another larger party turned up just after us. There were items missing from the room on check-in and later - there was no handy phone, no pillow menu, no explanation of the air-con controls, only one large towel one morning. Sometimes the room was not cleaned until 4pm. We were not offered a newspaper, until I asked about it a few days later. Service at breakfast was sometimes very slow, with plates not cleared quickly. An americano coffee came as half a cup, sometimes with no offer of refills. One morning, there was no orange juice. At one point at dinner in OceanKiss we asked for a dessert menu, which never appeared. Mosquito repellent was not routinely offered, although was available on request.
I know these are generally small issues and in a 3* or even 4* hotel, I could have accepted them, but this is supposed to be a 5* hotel, which should indicate a high level of attention to detail and should exceed expectations. At times this did happen. One night we were in the bar and I thought I could do with a spoon to get at the lychees in my cocktail, and a spoon appeared. That type of service was what I was expecting, and I didn't get it consistently. When I did raise my concerns with the management, it was easy to find and speak to someone, and they did take it seriously, and some issues were addressed, but I shouldn't have needed to do that in the first place.
To summarise, when this hotel gets it right, it is good, but for us there were too many lapses in attention to detail. Would I stay at this chain again? Probably. Would I stay at this hotel again? Probably not, as there are several alternatives in the area.

1  Thank EJR0303
Karl K, Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear EJR0303,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review about your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you and your husband with us and moreover to meet you in person to discuss your very valid points.

The satisfaction of our guests is our highest priority and we are very well known for our high standards and friendly service at all times.
I am very sorry that this was not the case during your stay with us. I understand you expect more attention to detail.

As discussed with you in person we will work hard on the points you mentioned to upgrade our services where necessary and to improve the overall quality.

Mrs. Richards again we are very sorry for the incidents occurred and I hope you can give us another chance if you decide to return to Koh Samui to show you our full capabilities.

Thank you very much for your feedback as this is the best way to improve on a daily basis.

Yours sincerely,
Karl Kutzelnig
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

So glad we picked the Anantara Lawana!
It was an excellent location (near Chaweng Beach) but not amongst the noise. The room we stayed in (Deluxe Private Plunge Pool) was beautiful and just what we wanted. The infinity pool and beach layout are perfect for relaxing.

There are quite a lot of stairs around the Anantara Lawana, so keep that in mind if you book in. The staff I am sure would only be too happy to accommodate anyone with difficulties getting around. They pick up people in golf buggies frequently.

The breakfast buffet was extensive and delicious, the service fantastic. My husband and I particularly loved the Pool Bar and it’s staff, happy hour was a lovely experience at the end of each day.

Above all the staff were fantastic. They went above and beyond. A big thank you to Bronji, the Experience Manager. He was very friendly so we had already connected with him. However, we were sad when we had booked outside the Resort for a trip to the Ang Thong National Marine Park and the tour guide canceled last minute. We had one day left of our trip and Bronji went out of his way to quickly help us and organised another Tour to the Marine Park. So glad we did it as it was beautiful. Would definitely stay here again!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Dylan C, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Lauren F,

We are super happy to know that you enjoyed the plunge pool, main swimming pool, staff service, breakfast and happy hours.

Bronji has received your feedback and washappy to know his personal efforts in fixing the booked tour was successful.

Thank you gain for staying with us and we hope you will keep us in mind for a future stay in Thailand.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Wonderful resort! Attentive and welcoming staff always ready to take care of even the smallest need! Lovely place and fantastic rooms furnished in a special and careful way !! I recommend the Anantara Lawana chain of hotels for every kind of stay !!! Thanks to all the staff of Anantara Lawana Koh Samui for making our honeymoon even more beautiful, unique and special

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Dylan C, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear validicali,

We are very happy to read your kind words and are delighted to know that we made your stay memorable. Your comments regarding qualiy of the rooms and staff have been well recieved. All the best and we hope to see you again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

This is a nice 5 star resort. Good service as only Thai people give. They have a beautiful beach! Good breakfast as well...
With that, their website is all about the rooms with the pool so don't be confused by assuming all rooms are like that (even when you pay 360$ a night) as most are NOT. We spent a week here, and only the last two nights were in a pool villa- which is the type of room I was aiming for and that actually worth the price.
Note that breakfast is served in the restaurant on the beach, which is BEAUTIFUL but has only outdoor seating! Can be difficult in 40° Celsius...
Not good for older people or people with with walking difficulties!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Dylan C, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Liat C,

Thank you for your message through Trip Advisor, I would appreciate to learn more about your stay would be graeteful if you can contact me by email dcounsel@anantara.com. We are happy to know that overall you enjoyed your time with us and thank you again for sharing your constructive feedback.

Best Regards

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Spent 10 dayts at Anantara Lawana on a blissful relaxing holiday where I also proposed to my girlfriend. Dylan, Bronji and the hotel staff were amazing, made the holiday unforgettable, really went to the ends of the earth to make the trip that little bit more special. All the little touches make you feel like they really care. Highlights have to be dinner on the beach (dine by design) where i proposed to my now fiancee, the Tree Tops restaurant and the pool villa which we stayed in for the last few days. Incredible. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Plunge pool rooms are a nice touch and not too expensive!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Adventurer803667,

Congatulations once again for your marriage proposal! The team and I were all delighted to know we contributed to making the special occasion was a great success! Thank you again for choosing our resort and we look forward to welcoming you back for an anniversary celebration in the future. Best wishes from all the team here at Anantara Lawana.

Sincerely