Lowest prices for your stay
US$83
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$74
Priceline
US$68
Hotels.comUS$74
eDreamsUS$83
travelup.comUS$108
1,498 results
All reviews private beach lovely hotel rooms are comfortable large bar beach is lovely tour group fresh fruit residential area hotel is situated half board sea difficulty valley unripe terrace minibar balconies
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2019 via mobile

As others have noted, this hotel looks impressive on arrival, but there are drawbacks. Situated about 10 ks from central Agrigento, it is a €25+ taxi fare to go there, and about €20 to get to Valley of the Temples. Or a walk of about 500- 700 meters down the steep hill to a bus stop.

cons: One gets the impression they are intent on keeping you on site for your stay. There is no information available about the surrounding area, but when we asked for a taxi, a basic illegible sheet showing our approx location to central Agrigento, and the Temple ruins was given to us. This should be part of the room info.
The shower cubicle is very small. My husband Is 88k and found it irritating.
The walls are thin as others have reviewed. I could hear snoring from next door.

The man at reception flatly refused to change my €notes for smaller denomination... even a€10!

The breakfast was sub average. A couple of cereal options, A sparse amount of cold meats, cheese etc, and a bowl of either melon or pineapple..I’m not sure which -it was so hard! The usual bowl of boiled eggs and scrambled in the warmer.
The ‘juices’ were not juice at all, but a sickly cordial. Urn coffee was cold, but you could ask for a cappuccino or other specific to be made.
There was variety croissants / cakes and bread rolls.

pros: Attractive old style hotel has lots of areas to enjoy places to sit down and relax. Spacious clean room with a nice view over the pool and out to sea. Large comfortable bed and good air con.
The pool is fantastic..probably the best of any hotel I’ve stayed in. Very clean and deep. There is an adjacent bar.
Wifi good early morning, or middle of the night. Drops off during the day.

We looked at the hotel dinner menu, but thought it limited and expensive. We dined out both nights at a great little spot we found at the bottom of the hill called Bellupo.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank Luceti
Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

1. Lilos are banned! Not allowed in the pool or on the premises. I was told to remove my lilo from the hotel immediately. I'm 7 months pregnant...all I wanted to do was lie in the pool and read my book.

2. No food around the pool. When you go to the pool bar to purchase a drink and they offer you crisps or pretzels, you are not allowed to take these to your sun lounger to enjoy them. They must be consumed in the designated seating area, which is near to the pool. Oh, and the sun loungers are plastic and don't even have cushions on them. So not sure what all the fuss is about!

3. No outside food or drink is allowed in the hotel. There are strict signs all over the hotel reminding you of this and the charges you could incur. Should you require a snack in between the designated meal times...then tough. The restaurant opens at 8pm so you only have a few hours to wait. There are no snacks available in the mini bar fridge either.

4. Everytime you eat in the hotel, a €3 charge per person is added to the bill. This quickly adds up. I don't recommend eating in the main restaurant anyway. You are far better off going out locally, as the food outside the hotel is delicious and much more reasonable.

5. The hotel provides no information about meal times. Eg what time breakfast, lunch or dinner is. There is no info in the rooms either. They don't willingly give out this information either.

6. When you want to use the beach, you have to provide the life guard with tokens to prove you are staying at the hotel. Of course the hotel doesn't tell you this. So once you've trekked all the way to the beach, you then have to hike back up to reception to collect tokens.

7. On our final day, we checked out by 11am (as this is the check out time).Our flight wasn't until 10pm. We were expecting to be able to use the hotel facilities for the day until around 5pm (pool and beach). To our dismay, we were told no, we have to leave. We cannot use the pool.

8. There is a sign by the pool stating that swimming caps must be worn in the pool. Thankfully this ridiculous rule was not enforced during my stay! Although I did see a couple of guests wearing shower caps in the pool...

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank Caitlin V
Commmerciale, Direttore vendite at Baia di Ulisse Wellness & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2019

Dear Madam,
in a pubblic pool there are a lot of rules internationally recognized that are compulsory in order to avoid danger or disturbance to other guests. This is the reason why it is not possible to use lilos or NO FOOD around pool. Since you are pregnant you should appreciate more than other guests that the hotel is committed to enforce these rules!
No food is allowed from outside for hygiene too, but there is a snack bar where our guests can buy it! So no one is starving!
Every check in lasts at least 10 minutes since the receptionists provide each arriving guests with all useful informations about their stay, including restaurant opening/closing time, token for beach, etc.
You know in Italy you don't leave tips in restaurants but everyone pays a cover charge that includes table service and bread. This is indicated in the menu. So no surprise!

On your final day, you asked to use the hotel facilities for the day until around 5pm (pool and beach). Normally after check out one has to pay for these services, but we gave it for free to you!

About the use of caps at the pool, that you defined “ridicoulos” we don’t think we need to talk anymore.. since this “ridicolous” rule is one of the compulsory rules we talked before regarding the swimming pool.

That said, it is not clear the reason of your complaint!

Reviewed 18 August 2019

We made a 16 nights reservation. My wife broke her ankle few days before arriving. We warned the hotel.

When looking at the pics of the hotel one is far from imagining that the hotel sits on a deep hill overlooking the sea, and that at the foot of this hill is sitting the restaurant. And then further down is the beach.

Note #1: Baia is a 4 stars hotel and there is not even a water point or a shower on the beach.

Note #2: the pool offers 30 sunbeds and 15 umbrellas for 105 double or triple rooms!!

I come back to the accesses between hotel, restaurant and beach. Either you use up and down a wide paved ramp as does the restaurant truck that makes several round trips a day or you take the stairs. Dozens and dozens of steps are very difficult to clamber when you are valid, so with crutches….

We asked Rossella in charge of the front desk for a punctual assistance. She strictly refused any principle of assistance using the truck for example. She called Booking.com to complain. Booking.com then sent us a sms explaining us that she raised "REASONS OF SECURITY". Which security? The access ramp is paved and currently used by hotel scooters and trucks. It will not crumble. On the other hand there is a "NO ASSISTANCE TO THE PERSON IN DANGER" concept that Rossella preferred to ignore. ALL THE EMPLOYEES AND MEMBERS OF THE STAFF were shocked to see my wife forced to go up and down the stairs with great difficulties.

They all proposed to help. Several customers of the hotel were indignant and loudly spoked to the front desk. Rossella was clearly told face to face that her position was insane and silly and foolish. She remained right in her boots!

We had no other decision than to quit the hotel after 3 days. Which change? The minimum is to show on the site REAL PICTURES of the hotel including these OF THE STAIRS and change the written distance of 50 meters on the site between the beach and the hotel: it is FAR OVER 50 meters – this is a true deliberate lie -.

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank PFauron
Reviewed 13 August 2019

Had a wonderful time in sicily and this was a great hotel to stay in. The room was lovely and spacious with air conditioning which kept it a good temperature given it was above 30 degrees outside. The food at breakfast and dinner was also great. The staff are so plesant and helpful, David, Iliana, Claudio, and all the cleaners, service and catering staff at breakfast and dinner. They take time to help you out and give good advice about local sights and transportation. Very pleased with our experience and had a really relaxing break. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Grazie.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Pablophillips2007
Reviewed 15 July 2019

I recently visited this hotel with my company for what should have been an enjoyable 3 days/3 nights at this hotel. Spending time with my colleagues was lovely, however, the rest of the trip was a disappointment, and I would have left early if I had been on a private holiday.

Pros: The hotel grounds are beautiful. The pool is lovely, as is the beach, though both needed more sun lounges. The showers are nice (though it was hot enough outside that I didn’t test the hot water, I heard there were issues). And it seems each room has a large balcony.

Cons: Basically everything else. The rooms are not soundproof at all. You can hear every time someone closes a door or cupboard, or slightly moves the furniture, as it squeaks loudly on the tile floor. I barely slept each night as I could hear the neighbors until about 2am, and starting again at 6. The hotel needs to invest in those stickers to put on the furniture legs at the very least! My colleagues who had rooms with connecting doors could also hear their neighbors singing/talking. The Wi-Fi was slow or unreachable most of the 3 days. There were often running out of cold water at the beach bar or pool bar. Oftentimes the beach bar wasn’t staffed, or it only had one person to serve 100+ people. Service, in general, was ridiculously slow. The first day we sat down to lunch, it wasn’t crowded, yet it took 30 minutes just to order food, and another 45 minutes to get the drinks served (after several reminders). Dinner the first night took 3.5 hours to serve! We were quite a big group, however, this hotel clearly caters to large groups, and knew we were coming, so there is no reason to not be prepared. While I am sure that many people on vacation like having a leisurely meal, 3.5 hours is just insane. If the food was enjoyable, it might have been almost worth the wait. However, most of the dishes were cold, had no flavor, or were simply bad. And several of the vegetarian options barely even looked edible. Even on the final night, after specifically explaining to the hotel staff that we were on a tight schedule (and this was explained by an Italian colleague, so there was no language issue), the meal still took almost 2.5 hours to be served. The buffet breakfast was the most disappointing buffet I have ever seen. Once again, if you are vegetarian or vegan, it would have been even worse. There were some dry cakes, 2-3 “hot” options, boiled eggs, 2 cereals, yogurt and not much else. The halfway decent croissants and fresh melon (if they didn’t run out) were the only pleasant things available. And the bathrooms by the beach had no sinks, so you can’t wash your hands, which is pretty disgusting, as people who are eating at the beach restaurant use that bathroom.
There were many other little annoyances, like that it costs €15 to get a dress ironed, and you can’t just do it yourself. Or that there the room floor was dirty/sticky the whole time we were there. Or the fact that the beach closes around sunset (apparently for security), but that means you can’t enjoy a walk at night. Almost none of the staff (except for the front desk) spoke English, not a single word. So even trying to communicate that you want a coffee, or your room number was a challenge. Overall, it was a total disappointment, especially considering that many of these issues are 100% avoidable.

Date of stay: July 2019