See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 9 May 2017

This is the only good hotel in the small city of Mukacheve and it really exceeded our expectations. We booked a suite (for 1,100 UAH a night, or just under £40!) and were astonished to see a spacious living area with a balcony, a large double bed in the bedroom, two bathrobes, slippers and good quality toiletries in the bathroom. The front desk staff are very competent, efficient and friendly (in a city where quality of service is a major issue, this is especially striking). The shower was very good, with decent water pressure - I saw other reviewers complain that this was an issue and I understand it can only be one on upper floors (my suite was on the 1st). The suite overlooks a busy street with many cafes but windows block all the noise so it is very quiet inside.

Breakfast is served at Bograch restaurant next door and while it's not bad per se, you get to choose from four fixed breakfast sets and it can be a little problematic if you have special dietary requirements (I'm vegetarian, my husband has multiple food allergies and we both struggled to come up with something we could eat). The restaurant does not allow combining items across the sets (e.g. I asked if I could have muesli from one breakfast set and pancakes from another and they said I couldn't).

Room Tip: The suite is very spacious and has a balcony - highly recommended!
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2017

This is our 2nd visit to the Star Hotel and the service was even better this time. The english-speaking staff was very friendly and efficient. The rooms were lovely and clean, and all amenities were available. Definitely excellent value. The location - right in the city center - can't be beat. We'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are quieter. People in rooms with even numbers heard the church bells every hour, and buskers in the street.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We loved staying at the Premier Hotel Star because the location was great. Right on the corner of the pedestrian zone of the center city. The city itself seemed to hunker down early for the night, but there was a lot of activity the following day. Maybe that was because we weren't there during the main tourist season. The hotel is clean and comfortable and the service personnel were bright, cheerful and always helpful. Breakfast was great also. Also, we got a cheap room on the fifth (top) floor and spent the equivalent of about $24. Our only window was a ceiling window with a shade we could have pulled if it had let in too much sunshine, but we left the shade up. I'm sure rooms on lower floors had more standard windows. Wifi worked great. Recommend.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2017

The best choice while staying in Mukachevo. Staff is very friendly, always trying to help.:)
The location is perfect, the very center of the city. A bit difficult to find it but reception is ready to explain.
Breakfast is much better than it used to be, its our 3rd visit.
I recommend this hotel to everybody))

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2017

Good location - in the centre, on central sguare.The rooms was quite and clean. wi-fi connectivity was very weak.Breakfast very poor.Breakfast and service in the restaurant did not meet the level of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple