“Friday night diner, it was excellent, everything tasted awesome.”

Le Patio d'Hauteville
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le Patio d'Hauteville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$18 - US$44
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2018

It was a beautiful and sunny Friday evening. The views from the terrace were great, a lot to look at. The atmosphere was just right, with the right background music. The service was excellent and we didn't have to wait long. Great food

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I've been here a number of times and have really enjoyed the food. It's a great draw as the views are amazing. However, I booked online and was entitled to a 20% discount so that was welcome until I discovered that we both (2 people) had to have the Carte menu and not the daily menu. My friend had a good starter followed by the duck. I had a reasonably good starter - tiny pats of chevre covered in voluminous thin pastry with a salad (actually hard to find the chevre!). It was also extremely sweet with all the honey. Then I had the lamb knuckle - great mistake! I had about 2 mouthfuls of lamb and the rest of the "meat" was just gristle! Not only gristle but it was tough too. I had my dog with me so she had the rest.

I didn't want a dessert but had just one ball of prune ice cream with a large ball of "cream" - yuck!

This is a really good restaurant but my message is to simply stick to what they know best i.e. the basic menu which is good, honest food. The fancy stuff is just not worth paying for.

Perhaps not so important but there was just one waitress for only 5 tables. We were waiting for a lot of the time in spite of an imminent appointment.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Entertaining visiting family due back on the Sunday 16.45 train from Penne to Agen (daughter at Toulouse Uni..) and wanted to give them a true taste of the locality. Service was perhaps a tad slow, but this was Sunday lunch after all. Food when it arrived was very good. Two of us had the duck cooked 'a pointe' and it was superb.
We've been to this restaurant before with other (English) family members and the standard is very high. We were a little disappointed that the marvellous terrace with its stunning views over the Lot valley was closed for the season but - tant pis -next year we'll come earlier!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Many people may come to this restaurant to enjoy the panoramic view, but this year the food and the service have really improved!! The weekday lunchtime menu is good value for money and all is served with attention to detail - taste and presentation.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Visited this restaurant for lunch on a hot, sticky day, attracted by the vue panoramique. Inside, we went through the internal dining room to the shaded terrace at the rear, which did indeed have a terrific outlook. The menu overall seemed a good selection of dishes at reasonable prices but the Menu de Jour at 15 euros looked like a potential bargain, so worth a go. There were two choices of each of starter, main course and dessert that all looked interesting, to order all three courses at the outset, as usual. Our party of four had all the items between us and they were all were delicious with very ample sized servings. The accompanying wine was reasonably priced and very acceptable. Staffing was minimal, a waitress and an apprentice server lad, but both were efficient and friendly and there were no delays. One of our best eating experiences.