“RIp Off”

The Irish Tavern gran canaria
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Called in during happy hour. 2 bottles of Heineken was 7 Euros when it is 6.40 all night at the Red Onion nearby with live music. We couldn’t believe it when the bottles came....two 25cl little bottles. Complete rip off. Nothing Irish about the place so complete misnomer. Do yourself a favour and give this one a miss

1  Thank John F
in 9 reviews
"holiday"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Located at the back of the Kasbah centre we discovered one day whilst out walking, during the day it is a bit grim. By evening it comes alive with karaoke and music we visited a few times and the DJ tends to sing the same songs every time but a good atmosphere all the same. The waitresses were either very friendly or surly and smoked all the time at the end of the bar. 5 Euros for two happy hour pints is great value and centrally located, toilets need some attention.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

Everytime I go to Maspalomas, I always go to this bar. There is always such a great welcome from the DJ and the waitresses and everyone just gets up singing, people from all different kinds of nationalities. It's always easy to make new friends in this place!

Reviewed June 24, 2017

Just got back from a week in Gran Canaria and we were delighted to find this venue in the Kasbah shopping centre. We loved the atmosphere and the very friendly staff here, nothing was too much trouble and the girls were always so welcoming. We spent every night here as we enjoyed it so much.

The karaoke was great, our main reason for going here, even though I wasn't too well to sing much, I still had a great time. By the end of the first night myself, hubby & two friends were on first name basis with the staff and they made it feel like our local back home.

My only criticism is that the toilets could do with a bit of a make over.

Great pub, great drinks, with happy hour drinks too, which I was to learn (my first visit to GC) it didnt just mean one hour it meant all night was happy hour :) We sat in the same spot outside every night and the staff always knew our requirements without asking. Luana was an amazing DJ with the added bonus she has a beautiful singing voice. Thank you Lu, Alexia, Lauren & Ebba for making our evenings thoroughly enjoyable. I would highly recommend this venue & it stays open very late, I think we left at 4am lol.