White Lion Royal Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pale Hall Hotel(Llandderfel)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Buckley Arms Hotel(Dinas Mawddwy)
View Hotel
The Hand at Llanarmon(Llanarmon DC)
View Hotel
The West Arms Hotel(Llanarmon DC)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewshigh streetcomfortable hotelbit datedbig bathroomgood sizepub foodwould stay againfull englishan evening mealbreakfast was excellentlong drivenorth walesstayed for one nightwarm welcomea lovely staylake balaeileen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate here as a family of four. My husband wasn't explicit about wanting part of the order as a starter so it all came together. The main courses therefore went back and when they returned to the table the adult meals were cold - i.e. the chips and mash could easily have a hand held over them. Both were returned to the kitchen and were returned nicely microwaved - nothing like microwaved broccoli!
The children's starter of nachos had rock hard cheese and was returned to the kitchen - we then got an apology as the same thing had happened to the next portion and they had now run out of nachos!!! The replacement garlic bread was lovely. Children fish and chips was a good size.
As we left we looked at the lounge areas - certinaly looked like there were nice seating areas if you were staying there for a few nights.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Naomi H
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am catching up on my reviews as I have been a bit lackadaisical for the past year. This review is based on a visit on Easter Sunday, 16th April 2017.

Six of us ate a the White Lion Royal Hotel as we were staying in the Pen Y Garth lodge park a mile or so away.

We were all treated extremely well by Eileen and Gill. The fact I can still remember their names nearly a year on speaks volumes.]

The food was pretty decent pub food and all six of us felt like we had a good meal. It was at a reasonable price too.

Next time I am in Bala I will revisit.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank VivaCloaky
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I went to the white lion for dinner on Easter Sunday and had the worst meal we’ve ever eaten. Firstly, the nachos came out without salsa, guacamole or roquito peppers- the majority of the ingredients! Somehow paying £5.50 for a bowl of minimally cheese covered tortilla chips is quite ridiculous- why didn’t they just say they didn’t have the ingredients? The jalfrezi curry was horrible and the rice was ice cold. The burger was awful, dry, hard and with a green tinge. Also, the staff were unfriendly, unhelpful and one of them was just plain rude. How can you get simple pub grub so wrong? Avoid at all costs.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Brief visit here.Staff friendly,we could sit in bar or entrance.Toilets spotless as was all areas we saw.Coffee excellent and served with a smile.People in wheelchairs and also children .
Clean every where
Burgers looked excellent when served to those sitting near by

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had lunch here with friends. Girls behind the bar couldn't have been more helpful and hospitable. Decent food, decent beer. Didn't stay, but my friends had been staying there weekly for a couple of months and had made friends with all the staff!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business