“Thanks for a great dive Douglas”
Review of Special D Diving

Special D Diving
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

I hadn’t been scuba diving for about 3 years, but Douglas did a great job of making sure I had a safe and very enjoyable dive. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many lobsters in one place! Well worth doing.

1  Thank kate m
"crew"
"anguilla"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

My two teenagers and I had the great pleasure of diving with Douglas from Special D Diving two days during our week in Anguilla. I had made arrangements to dive with Doug a couple of weeks before our arrival through Facebook messenger. But I was unable to confirm with him just prior to arrival through Messenger for some reason. So, I was really nervous about having firm reservations with him. I called him directly as soon as we arrived in Island and he confirmed our date, time and location to meet him (his meeting point is Johnno's Restaurant on Sandy Ground beach. We had two really nice reef dives and two great wreck dives. One of the wreck dives was particularly impressive in about 70 feet. We saw a dozen barracuda, an octopus, sting rays, a large turtle and nice variety of fish on that dive alone. Doug is a very knowledgeable local who knows the entire north shore like the back of his hand. He is very serious about safety and has a very nice dive boat. We were the only 3 diving with him both our days. And mom rode along to bubble watch too. Felt like a private charter. Doug's first mate is Patrick who was so helpful. We didn't have to do anything. Patrick just loads you into your gear and off the side you go. Then he changes your tank for you in between dives. Doug took us to Sandy Island for surface intervals on both days- what a bonus! Beautiful spit of an island. If you want a local dive experience that is VIP - hunt down Doug. It will be worth it!

1  Thank goals1
Reviewed May 16, 2017

I signed up for a 2 tanks dive with Doug at Special D Diving. I have not been diving for 3 years, so I did do a refresher. Doug knew I was a little hesitant and he was the best dive master. He talked me through the planned dive and stayed with me the entire time. I got my sea legs on and scuba was great. Doug can find the most interesting fish and small creatures to explore. I would strongly suggest Special D Diving to any open water scuba diver - he knows the best sites, explains beforehand what to expect and dives with you. A very pleasant experience.

1  Thank PMSPAETH
Reviewed March 7, 2017

We were diving with the only Padi outfit on the island and one day they couldn't take us out b/c they needed a day off. Best thing that could have happened to us. We were on Anguilla for a reason. To dive. We called Doug at Special D diving (we found his ad on a map). He was more than happy to take us diving. We are a family of 3. 2 adults and 1 child, 11 yrs, who was just certified during the week. We met Doug Sunday morning and he was all organized. Had all the equipment, nice dock and a fantastic large dive boat. Extremely professional, knowledgeable, & explained everything clearly. Over two days, we did 4 dives. They were the best dives we had in our two weeks there. Long bottom times, wreck dives, drift dives, enormous amount of sea life. It was like the sea life new Doug and came out to see him. Absolutely brilliant experience. Our video is incredible. I highly recommend Doug and his crew. You only have a couple of choices of dive outfits on the island and Special D Diving in #1.

2  Thank LoveToVacationUsa
See more reviews
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

You would say that fishes, turtles, sharks, rays and all the micro fauna down there is waiting for Dougie. Dive with him once and you will always come back: for top safety, real magic of encounters, and the feeling to be diving with number one specialist of these waters. Warning: like all special things, he might not be the easiest to be found if you ask receptionists or concierges. Make sure to call him directly: it will be your best move for a fabulous dive!

1  Thank dadadadi