“Birthday trip”

Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Masham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I booked the tour and food for my other half for his birthday. As a huge fan of Black Sheep I knew he would love the place.

However, Booking was a bit of a nightmare as I was put through to three different connections before they found me the correct place and I could book. The tour was great- the tour guide (Bronwyn?) was a total gem and to be honest she was the highlight for me. It would have been really good if we could have bought some ales but it’s actually cheaper to continue to buy them from Morrison’s!

The restaurant is lovely. Gorgeous food and reasonably priced and we will definitely be back for that!

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"great beer"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Excellent beer, of course, and superb food.
Relaxing surroundings with no pressure from the staff

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I am a massive fan of Black Sheep, and a big beer aficionado, and have made my first visit since their refurbishment. I was pretty shocked to be honest, it’s like walking into a Yates’s wine lodge! For me, Black Sheep was all about brewing simple, but really good real ales. Now, it’s all wannabe trendy craft beers, that are neither unique nor particularly well executed. My fear is that their beer will continue to not appeal to the trendy craft beer drinkers, and to alienate their core customer-base. Don’t get me wrong, I love an 8% DIPA as much as any hopster, but please Black Sheep! Turn off the naff blue mood lighting, let Brewdog do their thing, and just do your own! Believe me, this will not appeal to those you obviously now want to appeal to.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Fabulous venue and great tea shop! Well worth a visit!
The guided tour is very interesting!
Cannot add anything else

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Got tickets for the brewery tour for Xmas and visited in March.

Tour was excellent, very informative and guide was excellent. Got the full history, saw how everything is made from the grains to the keg.

After the tour you get a voucher which entitles you to 1 pint, 2 halves or 3 thirds. The 3rds are perfect for sampling the delights of the Black Sheep flock.

Adult tickets were £9.50 each. Which, if you take off the price of the beer the tour probs costs around a fiver which is incredible value.

There’s a gift shop and a restaurant. The food is apparently lovely and looked good but we didn’t eat there due to polishing of a large breakfast before our visit.

I would maybe recommend going Mon-Thurs for the tour as those are the active brewing days so you may see more of the brewery in action, however this did not take away from the tour in any way.

Highly recommend.