“Good Value at The Garden Centre”

Downham Home & Garden
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 23 June 2018

My dad and I have been for breakfast on more than one occasion.We enjoy the atmosphere, staff are friendly and helpful.The food is good quality and good value.Look forward to returning soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Although dogs are allowed in the actual garden centre, they aren't allowed in any area of the cafe, despite the fact it's quite large and a 'doggy corner' would be fine. We had to sit outside, it was drizzling, but luckily found the only 2 under cover tables. They got our order wrong, delivering 4 soups instead of 3 soups and a portion of chips. The waitress then went back for spoons but took so long that we went and fetched them ourselves. By then, the soup was lukewarm. No condiments on the tables and no offer of any. Such a shame.

1  Thank JannyBrads
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Husband and I went for lunch.

I fancied fish and chips, and know I can get gluten free here
As always perfect, why can no one else do batter for gluten free like this place, its just gorgeous crispy, golden and yummy.chips good too. But the fish is the best in town, it is truly the best Gluten Free fish and chips ever,

They a!ways have a good selection of GF cakes too.

Worth a visit its lovely, order at counter and food comes out hot and quick, perfect cooked fresh as well

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch, three of us. Omelette undercooked and running off the plate, chips verging on raw. Salmon with hollondaise sauce came swimming in the so called sauce that was foul tasting! Gave refund reluctantly.... and they apparently now have a chef? Seriously, have coffee here, but eat at your peril!

1  Thank Cb1503
Reviewed 10 April 2018

The cafe is lovely and the food is great. Great selection of gluten free dishes and vegetarian dishes.. I went in a couple of days ago with my husband and I ordered the pork belly with chips and the ham egg chips.. The ham was so thick the egg was lovely and the pork belly was amazing.... My main problem with the cafe is one of the servers...she didn't have a nametag on and wore a black cardigan she served my food and she had a strong scent of cigarettes smoke It was a bit off putting.... I will go back again just hope that the server standards have been raised and not smell of smoke.