US$315
US$305
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$364/night.

Hokkai Hotel(Toyako-cho)
US$125
US$107
Trip.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

Daiwa Ryokan(Toyako-cho)
Hotels.com
Hotel Cocoa(Toyako-cho)
Hotel Grand Toya(Toyako-cho)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe busoutdoor onsenlake toyasoap and shampoowonderful onsenpay attentionbingo gamedon t knowbus stop right in frontbuffet stylescenic viewbreakfast and dinnerhotel lobbyopen airperfect viewonsen experiencetatami style
Reviewed 29 October 2017

This hotel was beautiful. We stayed at the non-smoking Lake View room with Tatami set up. Was calm and relaxed when the first stepped in to the room. The room was spacious and clean, it fragranced with the authentic Japanese wood, facing to the pretty Lake Toya and Mount Mt.Yotei. The room provided basic amenities like body and hair shampoo, tooth brush and toothpaste. It did not provide any hair dryer in the room, therefore, will suggest to dry your hair at the Onsen dressing room after enjoying the hot spring at night and in the morning. The tatami in the room was extremely comfortable, the linen quality was good.

There were 2 onsen located at 9th floor. Male onsen and female onsen were separated, it switched alternately every mid-day. Therefore, for both male and female can experience 2 different onsen in one day. The 2 onsen are big and clean, both have outdoor and indoor. I personally preferred the outdoor onsen as could feel the natural breeze while watching the stars from the sky at night or the full Lake Toya view in the morning.

During my stay, I realised a lot of Chinese and Taiwanese group like to choose to stay at this hotel. They usually shouting and playing around inside the onsen area. To avoid the noise and crowd for sharing the onsen, need to wake up early in the morning and enjoy the onsen at about 530am - 630am to fully feel the peace. I would like to suggest the hotel can raise an awareness board or a signage to encourage guest to talk gently or keep quiet inside the onsen area.

The hotel’s staffs were friendly and helpful, would like to give a big thumb up to 2 reception staffs, the guy who helped us to check-in, he provided a lot of information about the attractions at Lake Toya and educated us how to get to those attractions by bus and taxi. The other lady who helped us to arrange the taxi to Sairo and Mt. Uzu, She made sure we understood about the taxi charges and the traveling time before we departed. They both were very considerate and caring.

Additionally, the variety of the buffet dinner and breakfast were wide. We stayed there for 3 nights, the buffets choices were the same every night, however we get 2 different special little treats in the second and third night. Think if stayed there longer, the treats would bigger. We really appreciate the surprise treats moment.

The hotel location was perfect. The bus stop to Lake Toya JR station or Mt. Uzu was just right outside of the hotel. From the hotel to Lake Toya JR station or Mt. Uzu was about 15 minutes, may get the time table from the reception. Besides, the hotel did provide the free shuttle service from/to Sapporo JR, to enjoy this service, advance booking was required. The bus was safe, comfortable and clean, it’s about 2.5 to 3 hours journey from/to Sapporo.

Overall, the hotel was worth the price and my we had a wonderful staying experience here. :)

Room Tip: Lake View Room has an awesome view to enjoy the fireworks.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EC_CYH24
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

The view over Lake Toya and the fabulous indoor and outdoor onsen totally made up for the tired rooms and musty bathrooms. On arrival we were thankfully upgraded to a Lake View room from Mountain View and this really helped improve the in-room experience. The changing light and autumn foliage was beautiful. The onsen is spacious, clean and a real treat. Specially the astounding view and the glazed individual outdoor tubs. The evening buffet meal is included and whilst it has a vast array of foods, the hoards of bus trippers give it a cafeteria feel rather than a restaurant. Overall if I could afford it, I'd go elsewhere-no doubt to find the same view and onsen but without the worn furniture and dirty carpet.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Toya Kohan Tei offered the best of both worlds with their Japanese rooms with tatami sitting area and Western beds. We found the rooms comfortable and clean, albeit a little musty smelling (probably from age). View of Lake Toya was superb! Try to arrive early and catch some views by the lake!

We especially loved the outdoor onsens, because part of it had no overhead shelter at all and offered unobstructed views of Lake Toya. It felt truly like an intimate encounter with nature!

We were served buffet meals in a spacious dining hall. Variety of food was good. We personally preferred our breakfast buffet to the dinner one, as the dinner selection of dishes tend to taste similar to one another, as if cooked with the same sauces and in the same style.

We were also fortunate enough to experience good weather and saw Lake Toya's evening display of fireworks. I admit that we were expecting something more spectacular though - the release of the fireworks was too slow and spaced apart. Nevertheless, we appreciated the lovely effort and warm gesture!

Overall, the ryokan was beautiful and we had a good stay!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night in Dec 2016.

The room itself felt a little tired but it had a nice view of the lake from the window. We dressed ourselves in the Yukata provided and went for a bath.

I went to the bath around sunset time. The place was empty and we had a decent time relaxing and soaking in the view. I noticed that the crowd was coming in when I was leaving. Probably the bus load of tourists were coming in.

My sis-in-law went there later in the night and feedback that the baths were rather dirty with hair and bubbles. This is a problem that I've encountered a couple of times in my Japan trips where tourists not familiar with the hotspring culture walked into the tub with soap and shampoo or even bringing their towel in to scrub themselves. Nothing much we can do about it, just go for the bath as early as you can...

Dinner was decent, fresh seafood and good steak. My daughter did enjoyed the chocolate fondue.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We stayed at KOHANTEI for one night, the room comes with beautiful lake view. The view is always different each hour, such a delight. It's a traditional Japanese hotel, the bed is made on the tatami floor, which is quite an experience. The location is great to view the Firework show that took place at 8:45pm from April till end of October.

The dining place is a shoe-off hall, with tatami floor, (make sure you have good socks on!!) The food is mediocre, but the tempera is made fresh in front of you, I've enjoyed plenty!!

I must point out, the washroom is the even SMALLER than the ones that I've been in Tokyo. In order to flush the toilet, I need to close the lid, then bend down to reach the handle...quite an experience.

Overall experience is great, the hot spring also helped to unwind and relax.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family