Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,822 results
All reviews chicken man butler service santa maria a la carte pizza dinner reservations lobby bar lobster entertainment team amazing butler the bus beautiful beach adults only section sand fleas cart drivers golf cart diamond club
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2020

Three resorts in one location. Our resort closed due to low season and was upgraded to Grand Memories. Food was ok, but at least didn’t get sick. The tastiest and most favourite was the pizza shack. The beaches is Cuba are superb, just beautiful. I didn’t find the staff very friendly at either bars or restaurants. For example, when we first got there, we went to the pool bar for our first drinks and bartender was on phone while we waited. We waited to be served until bartender was finished looking over their social media. Pool area smelled like backed-up sewer, so we spent our time on the beach. The small market was a nice walk with typical tourist knickknacks. The entertainment at night wasn’t bad, but I didn’t notice anything during the day. Unfortunately, won’t go back to Cuba when there are other islands to explore.

Date of stay: June 2019
rrssBDcuba, Director General at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2020

Dear Teresa G,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write an opinion about your stay with us. We are glad to hear you liked our beautiful beach and you found it clean with enough chairs to relax comfortably. However, we are sorry to hear you might have experienced some inconveniences. Your opinion is essential for us to keep improving and avoiding things like this one from happening again. Thank you for choosing us for your vacation and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to prove ourselves in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2020 via mobile

Like always it been a real blast. Even if the situation that we feel actually was slowly starting to change everything, they always tried to put all the effort together to please everyone and make our stay amazing as always. As my 5 time i dont think nothing change as it keep improving!

Thanks to everyone as I wont be able to put every name that i could.

Hope to see my family soon and that situation will only be in the past.

Hasta pronto ;)

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Keven P
rrssBDcuba, Director General at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2020

Dear Keven P,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria and for sharing your experience with us. It is inspiring to see that our efforts are appreciated as we are constantly working to exceed our guests’ expectations. We are glad that you experienced a luxurious stay and enjoyed our facilities. Also we are happy to hear that you enjoyed beautiful beach and the service provided by our staff.
We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Cayo Santa Maria.

Reviewed 14 April 2020 via mobile

My sister and I stayed at this hotel ... The Sanctuary Grand Memories Cayo Santa Maria. We had been debating on which part of the hotel to stay at as there are three sections to choose from. In the end we decided on the Sanctuary and we were so happy to have chosen It. It came with a few extra perks. We had two butlers Andres and Frank and both went above and beyond to take care of us .... from booking meals to excursions to golf cart rides around the resort and even getting us ice for our room, they were amazing both of them. Andres made the trip for me, he always had a smile and a friendly good morning! We got to know him and I consider him a friend now. The life guard on the beach, Karell, was very attentive on the beach along with his mates. Esteban took such good care of us as well. They always had a chair ready for us on the beach And were super hospitable. i think the key is to be friendly and out going with them first and they warm right up. The staff truly made our stay, we are out going kind of women and made friends throughout the resort. We tipped with both with cash and small gifts and people were so appreciative. We had À la cart meals because we stayed in the Sanctuary but we did decide to go to the buffet a couple of nights for a change in atmosphere. It’s Cuba not Canada so I don’t feel it is fair to compare the food. You should know this when you go but I will say we had variety to choose from.
Now the beach was to die for! I have seen a lot of beaches in my time but the Cuban beaches in Santa Maria are amazing. Grand Memories beach was white sand and turquoise blue water. Stunning!!! If I could have stayed for 2 weeks I would have. I will go back and I would Definitely stay here again.
We did one excursion, a snorkelling excursion we saw lots of great fish and even a shark, a small shark a small harmless shark. Went to an island with ano her beautiful beach.
Always felt safe And were so well taken care of.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Timtamdelight
rrssBDcuba, Director General at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2020

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all Sanctuary staff, we would like to give you a huge thank you for providing part of your time to share such a beautiful review about your stay with us. We are pleased to know we succeeded your expectations and you enjoyed our amazing beach and service. What makes us really proud is the fact all our staff was so attentive with you during your stay. Your happiness is our best reward after everyday work. We will say hello to all the members you have mentioned. We are sure they will be very happy to hear about you.

Thank you for choosing us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2020

We went to Sanctuary in January 2020. The breakfast and lunch food was great. Pizza's at the sanctuary great. Our butler Louis was fantastic and really made our trip. If it was not for Louis and Carlos at the pool bar bartender I do not think I would go back. Ladies in the dining room super slow even when you did tip. Sometimes did not bother bringing your drinks would forget. They said they were very busy. I have been to Cuba lots of time I was just surprised at the attitude of the waitresses and the bartenders at the main building

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelMeTimber

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We are happy to see that overall you had a nice vacation at our little paradise and you enjoyed our beautiful beach.
I want to finish by thanking you for choosing Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria for your vacation. We hope to see you again if you choose to come back to Cayo Santa Maria.

Reviewed 9 April 2020

The pool in our adult only section was beautiful-just like the pictures you see on their website.The rooms were a different story-very dated/worn.I was horrified when I saw the bathroom-not only was it old but you had to high step into the tub and using the handrail wasn't an option because the rail was loose.The toilet didn't always flush-low water pressure-a few times there was no water at all.The butler service that they advertise isn't that great-the butler has already decided on your restaurant reservations for you-If you ask to change things up, they don't necessarily accommodate you-ridiculous, especially when it is only two people-if you are with another couple, good luck.The food in the buffet style restaurants were bland- exception of breakfast-that was very good.We liked the Italian and Mexican restaurants.We did two tours.The rum/cigar tour was excellent.You even get to make your own cigar and get a bottle of rum(no extra cost).We went on a Catamaran tour-the snorkelling was great-lots of different colourful fish, baby octopus,stingray.Crew was excellent-very fun day.Note-take your own toilet paper&hand sanitizer when off resort as there often isn't any.If you are looking for things to bring as gifts to give the Cuban people:toilet paper, soap,diapers,laundry soap,jeans are the most sought after items.
We recommend paying the extra pesos for VIP lounge service when you go back to the airport-air conditioned comfort,free food&drinks while waiting for your plane.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank sportsmomLondon
rrssBDcuba, Director General at Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about your stay with us. We are glad to know you enjoyed our beautiful pool and beach. However, we are disappointed to hear we could not reach your expectations. As we are continually improving, we will take all your insights with a profound sense of responsibility to improve these issues and address them properly. Your comment has been sent to the chef and room division manager in order to give the attention required.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again to prove ourselves.
Thank you for choosing us.