Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade

from US$114.73
from US$114.73
from US$82.72
4,810 results
All reviews penguin parade penguins coming no photography viewing area general viewing phillip island penguins walk cute penguins general admission every night ultimate adventure front row seats guided ranger tour warm clothes small group arrive early sit down
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

penguin parade 10/4/2021
WARNING CHECK WEATHER NOT SUITED FOR WET WEATHER
the management didn't care about human welfare. Said to people that there radar show that it was going to be clear for an hour. but it continued raining and heal. all you get from the supervisor is that it's an all weather event and they only cancel it if there lighting.
no shelter
no care.
Victoria government need to look at this place and fix the arrogance in the staff.
a lot of people were disappointed tonight.
might not come back for a long time

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 5 April 2021

What a joyous experience it is to visit the penguin parade, Sadly not that many penguins the night we went, but we did see a lovely sunset. Make sure you bring warm jackets, as even on a warmish evening the winds straight off the water can be quite cold. Make sure you walk back along the boardwalk to see the penguins up close on the way back to their homes. Just before sunset do the drive along behind the Nobbies back to the Penguin Parade, so many wallabies and echidnas to be spotted, but please drive carefully,

Reviewed 27 March 2021 via mobile

When researching this attraction it seemed to all be about watching the Penguins on the beach. But making your way back via the boardwalk, watching them scattered here and there was half of the experience. For me anyway.
I got there a little late so my view wasn't amazing. But I managed to get right down to the front after 30mins or so. By this time people start to make their way back, having been told that you can watch the Penguins on the boardwalk.
It was very interesting, and actually a bit tense watching the animals emerge from the sea. I think they were intimidated by the seagulls and waded back into the sea a few times. I'm not sure how many Penguins made an appearance on the night I went, but it didn't seem that many. I only witnessed three grouped batches of say 5-6 each time. Though undoubtedly there were more.

But as I mentioned before you can see them scattered as you leave up the boardwalk, and at much closer range.

I'll say too that i rather liked the lighting at the event. Dim and atmospheric. That's for practical reasons of course as the animals are sensitive to the light.

I'd say it's worth it, particularly if you buy the 4 Park Pass, which is highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 March 2021 via mobile

Tonight we had 1326 penguins parade to their burrows. We chose the underground viewing room and it was simply spectacular! Everything exceeded our expectations and the extra wildlife we saw was very special. So cute!

Reviewed 10 March 2021 via mobile

We purchased tickets to the underground viewing area as we expected wet weather which didn’t happen but were very pleased that we had hundreds of penguins come very close to us. My grandson was fascinated. I understand that they need to charge extra for where we were but I did think the overall cost for general viewing was a bit expensive for lower income families which is unfortunate. We had a great night. Be prepared to walk.