Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:59 AM
Review Highlights
Merida, Tacos, Sherbet, Cold drinks, Dzibilchaltun with Cenote,

Lawson's does their best to customize your tour per your request. The cost per person is dependent... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
bethz117
MA
THE ONLY WAY TO VISIT THIS PORT

I'm not even sure where I want to start this tour. So many people told me NOT to book away from... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jenjen112569

All reviews tortillas cruise ship tacos private tour cenote tour tortilla factory mayan ruins jose luis cool towels local market small village his knowledge answered all of our questions william lawson great driver mexican candy knew exactly where
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Our guide Angel & driver Gabriel were waiting on us as we exited the cruise ship. First stop was the Maya Ruins. Angel, speaking very clear English, could tell us all about the ruins & climbed up several of the temples. The very best part was the lunch in the home of one of the villages near by. The woman cooked the food they eat for us. What an experience! Right there at a local home! Outside, my grandsons got to play soccer (or their football) with a group of local boys! Our driver, Gabriel took us back to the ship. I would highly recommend Angel as your tour guide! Great Fun!

2  Thank jacquelynbrookfield
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Could not have asked for more. From when I first inquired about the trip (emailing with Alex) to when we walked off the van back port-side, it was great. Jesus Becerra (the guide) and Gabriel Ortiz (the driver) were delightful to talk with while we were driving or while relaxing at the cenote. Jesus was waiting with a sign right outside of the bus terminal (as I was told he would be) and it was a flawless expedition for the rest of the day. Mayapan was our first stop and Jesus gave a great overview of the cities and the local history as we drove through them as on our way to the Mayan ruin.

As promised you could walk all around and on top of this location (unlike Chichen Itza) and the kids really enjoyed the hands on experience. Our next stop was about 40 minutes away but the van drive passed quickly with the cold beers and waters which were passed out along the drive. They even stopped along the way on their own accord and bought local cookies and chips for us to enjoy. They really did a great job of trying to get us to see the real region and the real people of the region and not just the "touristy" areas.

The cenote was a high-point without question. The bluest water I have ever seen. You could see the bottom of the cenote with swim goggles and it was 90+ ft deep. My son and I were even allowed to jump 40+ ft into the water by standing on the rocks beside the cenote stair platform. (My wife still thinks were not right in the head for this.) Lawson's provided the towels to dry off with and even had flotation devices if we wanted to use them.

After leaving the cenote we stopped by a local families house for an absolutely wonderful lunch....authentic hand made corn tortillas tacos and floutas with fresh avacado. The woman who cooked for us was named 'Lady' and she was kind enough to show us her humble kitchen. It was very eye opening for our children and not something they will soon forget. Gabriel even went and bought Cokes for us to drink during lunch. They even asked if they could provided a local remedy for my wife's upset stomach (lime and coke).....which worked like a charm.

I forgot to mention the expedition cost included EVERYTHING. We didn't need to bring money for any admissions to any of the sites we visited. We did leave some money for the family who provided lunch as well as a well earned tip for both Jesus and Gabriel.

If you are questioning on whether or not to book with Lawson's...............don't hesitate.......it's a no brainer......do it and you'll enjoy every minute of your time with them!!

2  Thank Walrusgg
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I started organizing our trip with Lawsons (March 2018) almost a year ago. This was private trip for only my husband and me.Nerea from Lawsons was very patient and accommodating. She answered all my questions diligently although I made lots of changes throughout our emails. She was very, very friendly.
Angel Loaiza was our driver and guide throughout Yucatan for seven days. Lawsons provided us with the same guide all the time although we spent several days at hotels on our own in between. Angel always came back and picked us up again. It must have been very difficult to organise this for both Nerea and Angel. He did tours with different customers on the days we didn't need him.
Angel was the most wonderful guide you can imagine. He was very knowledgeable about history and nature and answered all our questions patiently.
I had booked the tour in English (which isn't our first language) although I speak Spanish. My husband has been learning Spanish for a few years but wasn't sure if he would understand enough if the tour was in Spanish. We asked Angel to start in Spanish and he spoke so clearly and slowly that in the end we had the whole tour in Spanish.
Angel also always asked us what time we wanted to leave in the morning and how long we wanted to stay at places and what time and where we wanted to have lunch.
He made suggestions, explained what the options were and how cheap or expensive the different restaurants would be. We are not shoppers and and were very grateful that Angel never tried to guide us to shops. (We have experienced differently with guides in other countries, taking us to restaurants and shops where they got some money).
Angel also took great care of my mobility issues, but still organized everything in such a way that my energetic husband got his dose of sports every day.
In short, both Nerea and Angel were wonderful. It was just a pity that we never met her in person.
This is a very long review but personally, I always appreciate long detailed reviews because they tell me more.
I will try to write a trip report in the Yucatan Tripadvisor forum about the places we saw and the hotels where we stayed. Right now I'm too exhausted.

5  Thank Angela036
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Our guides, Gill and Fredy , were great! We were on a Carnival Cruise and booked Lawson's independently. We had our 11 and 6 year old grandchildren with us. This is our 2nd excursion with this company. Highly recommend this outfit!

2  Thank Kimbrough P
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had two amazing days with Jesus (the guide) and Pedro (the driver). The first day we toured Chichen Itza, Volladolid and Izamal. The second day they took us to Uxmal and Ruta Puuc. Jesus did a wonderful job telling us about the history of the Mayans, and we learned a tremendous amount. But more than the tour itself, Jesus and Pedro went above and beyond to help me with my family. I was traveling with my elderly parents, including my mom who has advanced Parkinson’s, and my kids (ages 13 and 10), so our group of 8 people spanned several decades. Jesus and Pedro were patient, kind and very helpful and we were incredibly grateful for both of them. Thank you, Lawson’s, for a memorable trip to the beautiful Yucatan. I would highly highly recommend using this tour agency to everyone!

2  Thank Karen A