All reviews island hopping swimming pool lapu lapu premier room nice pool breakfast buffet is mactan airport enjoyed my stay boats mabuhay taxi supermarket savemore manila relaxation minibar resto
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights and was over all happy with my stay. Its nice with the pool and the small stretch of sand/beach, even if the water is dirty. The room was made up every day. Staff was friendly but sometimes things was missed or information lacking. Shower drained poorly. Food was ok, but not more.

The touristy and over priced mactan is not my cupoff tea in general.. Only one Filipino restaurant in the hole area, comparably expensive trips, and a busy but not very interesting main strip.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2016

We spent my birthday this year at the property, a few points were disappointing though.
1. Housekeeping and room maintenance really below standards.
Bathroom had a constant smell of sewage, full of stains, definitely need some refurbishing.
Ceiling part fell on my head when showering.
Room being cleaned once a day when it happened, for majority of our stay i guess they cleaned it twice and very badly.
Bath robes were never removed from the floor, empty bottle of Champagne from first day was never removed, flowers prepared for the arrival (in bed and table) were there during the entire stay, they were getting rotten and they did not remove it.
Food plates from room service never removed for 2 days.
Room looked old for the fanciest suite we pay for.
General service staff has the will to help, very polite and accommodating, but definitely they need training.
Bar empty just us, it took as 20 minutes to get a cocktail, and we never had follow up unless we ask for it.
Front Office staff ruined my birthday surprise upon check in, they mentioned to me about the plans that my boyfriend had requested for a surprise.
Breakfast buffet was disappointing, never refilled and almost empty at all times.
A few good points:
Food was great and consistent.
Spa treatment was amazing.
Romantic dinner on the beach, our waiter was awesome and made it special.
Water Sport Center was great.

Hotel has a potential but it looks like management doesn't really care about the maintenance and training of staff .
This definitely needs to be addressed.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Sadly we just stayed here over night.. Very satisfied with their room and service! ☺️ also offered free buffet breakfast.. Just didnt get a chance to enjoy the pool and beach cause we didnt have much time.. but its very worth it.. Would definitely come back here..

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2016

This is my second time going here at Cebu White Sands. The first time, we availed a Day Stay where lunch buffet is included plus free use of pool and beach. I enjoyed their food. It's delicious. I didn't enjoy the beach though. I expected a little more from it because of its name. As for the pool, I loved their pool.

Fast forward to present. Our relatives hosted a luncheon by a private island. It is also owned by Cebu White Sands. It's nice, relaxing and the food was great. The seafood were cooked well. The barbecued meat were delicious too. The mangoes and pineapples were sweet. The Lechon Cebu is very tasty.

When we came back to the hotel, we were given rooms to rest, change or clean up. But before we did that, of course, we swam in their big pool.

The beds were very comfortable even if we didn't spend the night. The room is spacious. It looks new. The bathroom was big too. I like it. There is also a veranda that overlooks the beach and the pool. It's relaxing.

The food was still good. For breakfast, I loved their bacon so much. Also their breads. For lunch, I loved their Roast Beef. It's really flavorful. The salads (Tuna Nicoise and Apple Potato Salad) blend well with the beef. I enjoyed their Mongolian also. It's spicy and sweet. Too bad I didn't see any dessert because I'm sure it's good too.

I admit that the place is quite expensive because I checked their website. But I think I want to go back here to experience it fully. If I'm not mistaken, the place is huge. There are areas for massage, relaxing, and many more.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the beach and pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Stayed here with my husband and some other friends. We struggled finding decent accommodation for a reasonable price, hotels in Cebu seem to be only on polar ends of the hotel spectrum - that is either expensive luxury resorts or very cheap but run down "hotels". So we ended up with White Sands because the price was reasonable and ticked a few boxes - beach access, pool, decor and proximity to airport. We stayed in the Courtyard wing.

Pros:
Two pools were nice, plenty of chairs (I like the lounges that were half in the pool too)
Pretty hotel landscaping
Access to the beach, they have their own little islet - provide some water activities (for a fee). I had low expectations of the beach from other reviews, so i actually thought it was't THAT bad. I didn't swim but it looked ok. There are a lot of boats around though.
Our room was very big (it actually accommodated three people so had extra bed). Good shower (pressure and temperature)
Staff were always very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast buffet was decent.

Cons:
One day they ran out of pool towels - the pool did not look like it was at full capacity - don't know how this can happen.
Some of our linen was dirty with stains (bed sheet, towel) - I'm sure it was clean, but they need to either bleach it out or replace - other guests could make much more of a fuss from this than we did.
No wifi in room
On first appearance room looks nice, but on closer inspection it is starting to show definite wear and tear - stains, fading and marks on wooden furniture, chipped paint, bathroom needs re-grouting etc. I think other rooms in the hotel may be more renovated.
Personally thought there was very limited bathroom vanity space. Not sure how the other rooms were like, but I needed to re-arrange/stack/remove things to make space for our two toiletries bags.
Doors are not that soundproof, so if people are loudly chatting away outside you can hear. Thankfully this didn't happen much.

There is a decent Korean restaurant across the road open late, and also the Maribago Restaurant has very good for Filipino food and about a 5 min walk. Also a few massage places on the main road but didn't try. Otherwise, the area is fairly quiet, different to other resort towns we've been to like Bohol and Boracay. Things don't open very late (i.e after midnight).

Overall for the resort was fine, and comparing with the other options on offer on Mactan it was probably good value.

Room Tip: Put your 'Do not Disturb' sign up if you don't want to be woken up by housekeeping in the morning - they start making up rooms early there.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends