All reviewsinfinity poolsand barearth restaurantbeach accesslunch buffetnice facilitiesteam buildingfried ricemodern designan affordable priceenjoyed our staylobby areafilipino foodegg stationupon checkstayed here for nightssea view
Reviewed 18 January 2018

So we went here for their day use which when we went was 2500 PHP for 2 people and included an all you can eat lunch buffet. I will do a review of the lunch buffet separately as it is its own review.

Pools
The pools and there are many are very well taken care of and watched over by some attentive life guards. The main pool is a very nice and deep blue color and has an infinity edge. Then to the right of that pool is another pool with two pits of seats and some loungers. The pool is more of an infinity relaxation lap pool. Then below those two pools are two pools that are joined together and feature two water slides. Past that pool down the path is the kiddy pool which is real nice for the kids. There were more pools by the other building but we did not go and see those as when the property was Best Western we had already visited that side.

Property
The property is absolutely gorgeous and continues to be upgraded. The landscaping is immaculate and the grounds are very well maintained. The facilities such as the bathrooms and changing stalls are also immaculate and very well taken care of. The reception is very contemporary and well furnished. Comfortable does not do it justice.

Service is amazing and the attentiveness of the staff is amazing. From the bell boys to the lifeguards and security everyone is very welcoming and are genuinely there to help you out.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank David L
ShingLo, Public Relations Manager at Solea Mactan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Hi David,

It was so nice having you here in the resort and thank you for your positive feedback. We hope to see you again here soon. By that time, you will see our Water Park and Kid's Zone already plus our Nouveau Spa should you wish to have more relaxation time.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Our family we're really havin' fun and we enjoyed our stay in this resort. The staff are amazing and accomodating especially Ms. Marnelli Mendoza; Reservation Supervisor who has helped us a lot and made our stay easier and comfortable. Kudos! Keep it up! I will definitely book again on my next vacation. Thank you Solea!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank michiimikay34

Hello michiimikay34,

Thank you for choosing Solea as your travel destination. We wanna see you again soon! We will have our Water Park and Kid's Zone open by then. Please bring your friends and family when you come back.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I rarely venture in Mactan Island in Cebu but when I heard me and my friends will be staying at Solea Mactan Resort, I thought I’d give it a try. One thing that stood out upon arriving was the warm welcome of Joana Abangan and Judith, two of Solea’s Managers. Theirs were trademark Filipino welcome where you’d immediately feel at home. The lobby was peppered with comfortable lounge sets. We were promptly assisted to check in. We stayed in suite unit with a balcony fronting the amenities and the sea (see attached photo). We thoroughly enjoyed the lap pool/infinity pool with just the right temperature. The kids who were with us felt safe swimming as there were lifeguards who were actively walking around the pool perimeter. We enjoyed breakfast! The breakfast buffet spread caters to all types of nationalities! I love the Filipino food but the continental and Asian offerings were equally amazing. Overall, Solea would be a great reason for me to frequent the Mactan Island in Cebu, Philippines! Thanks Solea!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
ShingLo, Public Relations Manager at Solea Mactan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hello Emil T,

Thank you so much for the positive review. This summer, our Kids' Zone and Water Park will be opening, definitely your kids will love it. Call us if you have plans in visiting Mactan Island!

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Check in check out 3pm to 11am, unlike standard hotels or resorts with 2pm - 12noon

The garden room booked w solea is too far from the facilities and mobile car is not available anytime, Its a distant beside the entrance. Security wise it is not too safe since they allow public vehicle to park the same parking with the guests.

The rooms smells cigarette and they sprayed baygon which is not good for my 1 yr old baby!

Playhouse is not yet operational, saltwater pools are not available. No beach access which is a big disappointment.

Dining experience was sumptous and good service smiling staffs. BUT we have to take the line first coz its full and it is a breakfast buffet, It eats our time while waiting for available table.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Carylldax
Reviewed 16 December 2017

We all know that the hustle and bustle of the holiday season begins on November so this trip to Cebu came at the right time before the hectic schedule. Living the freelance life your brain doesn’t really completely stop working and I’m not gonna lie, it gets exhausting at times so you really look forward to those great vacations to unwind and refresh your soul.

A little something about Solea Mactan Resort, it is located in the heart of the east coast of Mactan Island in Cordova, a property of Best Western Sandbar Resort Cebu. It’s about 30 minutes away from the airport and about an hour away from Cebu City. Mind you, rush hour does exist in Cebu.

Here are some reasons how Solea Mactan Resort can make you feel so extra aka boujee.

THE ROOMS
This marvelous Solea Mactan resort features of 225 rooms, and suites – including 12 Superior Garden Rooms, 200 Deluxe escaping stress rooms, 14 beautifully appointed suites, and the one and only --The presidential suite. Each room features its own private balcony and essential amenities. During my stay I was one of those lucky ones who was able to experience, the Presidential Suite… geez, don’t you just love how that sounds? Literally blew my mind the moment I walked in.

The Presidential suite consisted of 2 bedrooms which can accommodate 6 guests, but if you were to ask me it can fit way more than that. Every corner of the suite was on fleek, every single one, I kid you not. From the modern choice of furniture down to the dashing interiors featuring minimal shades and elegant patterns, and everything in between. And did I mention this has the best view?

It has a panoramic view of the whole resort and the sea with its own private balcony. A scene straight out from a movie if you were to ask me. Definitely don’t mind waking up extra early just so I could witness the scenic sunrise and end the day watching the sun set on this beautiful island.

ROOM SERVICE FROM EARTH RESTAURANT
Great food, great room and great service! The Earth restaurant is located in the lobby that offers an all-day dining buffet and 24/7 room service. JACKPOT! The restaurant serves a wide selection of dishes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and ala carte. As for us, we truly savored every meal served in our suite.

Eat all-day dining open till 11pm
Wind pool bar open till 2am

THE RESORT AMENITIES AND FACILITIES
Honestly, this is one of the highlights of The Solea Mactan Resort --- different styles of pools. They literally have 5 pools and 2 lagoons. 2 of those are infinity pools cos of course, one is just not enough *lol* Tons of activities for the whole gang to enjoy. Pools, slides, fountains, kayaking, paddle boarding and much more that you can experience in the whole resort. I told you, Solea Mactan Resort will make you feel EXTRA extra like bonafide VIP.

This resort is perfect for families, friends, couples and even for traveling solo. It’s the best reward you could give to yourself or your loved ones.

Room Tip: Try to experience the Presidential Suite
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business