“World class whisky tour”
Review of Speyside Tours

Speyside Tours
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Dufftown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Whisky tours with a local!
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of spending the afternoon/evening with Michelle from speyside tours on the extended walking tour. It was superb!! A lot of good stories and information about the area and excellent whiskys!
Highest recommendations from us

in 8 reviews
"picnic lunch"
"behind the scenes"
in 7 reviews
"wear comfortable walking shoes"
"past and present"
"awesome tour"
"whisky drinkers"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Thanks for a great whisky/chocolate walk last Saturday.
We didn’t quite know what to expect but this really blew us away. Your knowledge about whisky and the insider stories, the walking itself, the drams (hot or cold), the chocolate/shortbread/datecake, the ‘ruggsack’ and the hidden box of wonders. (And the cat!!) Unforgettable!

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I'm a Scotch Whiskey nut. My wife and I did the Connoisseurs Tour last November. First things first, the shortbread isn't as good as everyone says :)

With only one day to spend in Dufftown, I can't think of a better way to spend the day than walking, drinking, eating, and learning all guided by Michelle. It was fascinating to learn the history and hear a local's perspective on the Whiskey industry. For sure it was good to have a chance at unobtanium Pittyvaich and Convalmore, but some of the others stood out more. I can't say enough good things about this tour!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Scotland is beautiful and proud of their heritage and history. My seven days backpacking trip to Dufftown has many highs and Speyside Whisky Tour is definitely in the top 5 things I did in my trip. Three words: Professional, Fun and Knowledgeful! Michelle, the host, makes it sure that your experience starting from booking the tour to the final finish line is handled seamlessly. I got on to the extended tour. Tour takes you through interiors of Dufftown, countryside, starting with earlier effects (good or bad) on locals and then how the science of whisky is established across the region. I think we visited somewhere around 9-10 distilleries from outside, she always covers a good amount of history, whisky distillation process while walking thru' the woods, alongside the farms, river .. overall simply picturesque landscape! What else to top it up are the different types of whisky flavors to taste, chocolate and sometimes yummy homemade cookies to devour! She even introduced us to some of the fine chocolates which then next morning I bought it for my trip back home as gifts! overall an extraordinary experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 February 2018

It just doesn't get better than this. Michelle is so knowledgeable and so generous, both with the information and the drams. We took the Connoissieurs Tour and it was such a great experience. We got to see 9 distilleries and try multiple rare expressions of their single malts. Michelle also paired the drams perfectly with different foods and that was like the cherry on top. Wether you know about the whisky world or not, one of her tours is the best way to understand the history and the processes behind the whisky production, as well as to try delicious drams you probably wouldn't be able to try anywhere else. She is so knowledgable and so funny I can't wait to do another tour with her.

1  Thank Mariana S