“Seafood Platter is still as good!!!”
Review of Cafe Orca

Cafe Orca
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family run seafood restaurant situated in a beach cottage with arguably the best views Melkbosstrand, Cape Town Open for lunch only 21st March 2018 Our Easter Hours: - Closed 30th March - Lunch only 1st & 2nd April - Closed 3rd April
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We returned here on holiday after a gap of 8 years and caught up with one of the two brothers who own the place, Jason. The welcome was as warm as ever and I couldn’t wait to launch into the Seafood Platter of prawns, mussels, calamari, Dorado and Silver. My sons had the main course of calamari and my mother in law had the Kingclip.

We were not disappointed - all of our meals were really good as we looked out onto Melkbos Beach. Although we were staying in Clifton, the trip was well worth it as the quality still remains and I have great memories of this place.

2  Thank Fleece71

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing food. Huge portions. Great value for money. Exceptional service. Beautiful views. Much detail in the plating of the food.

2  Thank Zel15
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Too bad we discovered that gem late during our stay in Cape Town! Still we managed to go twice before we leave CT. Each time it was amazing! Congratulations to the chef, owner and staff!
I don't even Know where to start because everything is perfect there!
The food: Delicious fish and sea food paired with creative and tasty sauces. Your waiter will be glad to explain each one of them!
Each plate was well served with fresh veggies and rice or chips. We always took rice and it was really a treat! It came with diced veggies and was yummy! The portions are quite big, you can't leave feeling unsatisfied.
Our fish was cooked to perfection and served on a nice platter. Really guys, you won't be disappointed! I'm rarely as excited about food!
The restaurant : during the day, choose the outside area it's great! Under a pergola roof and with a nice sea view. In the evening it's very cozy inside and decorated with great taste.
The staff: Extra friendly!!! They will come to ask you how you are doing, advise you and make sure you got everything you need. Even the owner feels concerned about his customers, kuddos to the team!
Honestly, don't think Melkbosstrand is far, it's just 20 min from town and it's so worth it. Ocean's basket cannot compare!
We will definitely be back next time we visit Cape Town!

2  Thank PameePam
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Since 2003 one of our favorite restaurants in the Cape. It is always an occasion we look forward to when visiting Cape Town. We had dinner with Ricky D and his crew and we have to compliment you on the service and food. My wife had the Spicy sauteed prawns and I the Cajun baby squid - excellent! For our mains we had the Fried Hake and Kabeljou - can only say it was fantastic. I can not recall the name of the desert - but it was delicious.
I can recommend a visit to Orca, you will not be disappointed.

3  Thank SJLotz
Reviewed 24 March 2018

We come out from Somerset West four times a year with or without guests to this stunning place.
One thing to the management concerning toilet; Please find a smart solution that I can wash hands with water after toilet, although the fact Cape Town has a problem with water. Such a restaurant needs proper hygienic toilet facility.

1  Thank JurgTryon