Sandals Barbados
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sandals Royal Barbados(St. Lawrence Gap)
  • Breakfast included
Melbourne Inn @ Car Rentals(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Monteray Apartment Hotel(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Bougainvillea Barbados(Christ Church Parish)
View Hotel
Time Out Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)
View Hotel
Barbados Beach Club(Christ Church Parish)
  • Pool
2,940 results
All reviewscrystal lagoonmerry monkeymain poolpiano barbombay clubde parissushicaribbean villagebuilding workbayside restaurantbutch's chophouseclub levelindian restaurantroyal houseswim up roomentertainment teambutler service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was a first time at a sandals and I would definitely recommend trying a sandals if you haven’t gone to one. It is great being adults only.

The Barbados Resort was beautiful. They just finished the new Royals resort and it is right next door. We used all of their amenities. The infinity pool was awesome! The sky bar and the sky pool at sunset was my favorite.

At the main pool we had pool volleyball and beach soccer everyday. We loved the employee River. He was in charge of the guest games and fun. The bartender Patson was my favorite!

All of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the room service/cleaning was kept to high standards.

The only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars is because of the food. There are 21 restaurants and all the food was “eh - good not great”
Everything seemed to be catered towards people that didn’t like flavoring their food. Bombay restaurant was my favorite on the resort.
I really wish they served local food on the resort. We wanted flying fish, mahi mahi, blue marlin. We had to go off the resort to Oisins fish festival to have that. And THAT was amazing! Plan to eat off the resort a couple of times if you do stay here.

Enjoy!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sheriandgeoff
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from our honeymoon! This was our first Sandals holiday and we were absolutely amazed with the resort..

The restaurants were faultless. The brat we’ve ever experienced. We did not have one single bad meal. Our favourite was Bombay and Dinos pizza. There is a ‘No tipping policy’

We stayed in the Caribbean village deluxe room. We were right in the centre of both Sandals Barbados and sandals royal.. the room was perfectly fine. Everything worked fine. The fridge was topped up daily, the room cleaned twice daily. There was also an ironing board, safe and docking station in the room.

The beach was lovely. Soft sand and very clean.

The hot tub was bliss when it got to about 5pm

I woke up about 7:30 to reserve a sun bed in a good spot.. there are lots of beds however like anywhere you need to reserve specific spots if you like them specifically.

I want to give a special mention to the following people that made our stay even more enjoyable..

MARLON: one of the nicest person we’ve ever met! Marlon showed us around the resort on our first day. He was so helpful and friendly throughout the entire holiday.. always came to find us and made sure that we were nothing having a good time! We were that grateful that we invited him to join us for Dinner on our second to last day. He was so happy! He’s also a fantastic pianist and brilliant dancer!

NATARIE: Natarie was part of the pool maintenance. He was so nice and hard working. We asked him for coconuts from the tree and he made sure that we both got them twice. Natarie went above and beyond to make sure we got them. He even cut them up and gave them to us with straws in them. He talked to us about the culture of Barbados. He was always smiling and came and said hello to us whenever we were at the pool area.

SAMUEL: Samuel works at lovers lane and he made every night very enjoyable. He danced and sang away as he made our drinks and always made us laugh! Great dance moves Sam!

JOSEI: Josei was part of the entertainment team. He was the funniest guy ever. So energetic, laughing and smiling all the time! He played beer pong and flip cup with us and we had so much fun! His dance moves are brilliant!

Would go back perhaps for our 10year anniversary!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Laddie1985
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went to Sandals with a friend and the hotel is pretty amazing. Although I went with a friend and had a blast, Sandals definitely caters more to couples and honeymooners so if you're going with a friend, to be honest I'd choose another resort.

PROS
Interior decor and landscaping
1. Lots of care taken to create a resort with lovely interior and exterior touches that made guests feel like they are in paradise. Most of the restaurants were designed with a theme with some spectacular art, sculptures and accent pieces that really show alot of class and stellar talent by the design team. The interior decoration did have a few shortcomings which I describe in the 'cons' section of my review.

Restaurants
Overall the restaurants were fantastic. I highly recommend Butch's steak and seafood restaurant, as someone who has never really liked lobster, one taste and I was a convert. The French restaurant Parienne made the best french onion soup I have ever tasted. Bombay Indian restaurant was also pretty amazing and favours felt authentic......I must say there is a touch of class that you feel overall at Sandals and I like it. Some of the best food I've eaten in ages.

Staff
The staff really went out of their way to make us feel comfortable all the time. Customer service was top notch, couldn't knock it in anyway. Thank you Zaira (front desk), Fiona (Epix), Tamara (beach bar) for all your help!

Facilities
Rooms were regularly cleaned, facilities were clean and access to towels, lounge chairs and all other amenities were great. All inclusive package also comes with free snorkelling, sailing, glass board boat rides and exercise classes, Sandals is not cheap but you mostly get what you're paying for. It's an all round package.

CONS
Lack of business center
1. I was shocked to find that there was no business center in the resort. I know we're there to relax but providing 2 laptops with internet access and a printer doesn't take much and to be honest, this is literally the first ever 5 star hotel I have ever been to without such a basic amenity.

No attempt to make you feel like you're actually in Caribbean
2. I honestly have to say that one of the biggest flaws in Sandals in the clear disregard for actually being in the Caribbean and making no real attempt to pay homage to the holiday destination you are in in any real shape or form. There are 2 Caribbean restaurants, one is the Jerk Shack which to be honest could do without parboiling chicken before they actually barbecue it, the jerk chicken was very bland. Also strange that they don't serve fried plantains as a side, another basic miss.

The second is Spices. The main Caribbean restaurant which is clearly poorly decorated, looks more like a canteen and unlike the other restaurant with a clear theme in terms of interior decoration and a focus on an overall menu that worked, Spices feels like an afterthought just put there, clear miss by the design team and to be honest a big one. Decor pays absolutely no homage to that fact that guests were in the Caribbean and food for buffet was okay but would have preferred a decorated restaurant paying homage to all the islands.

Exclusions included in the package
3. We paid to go see the Submarine tour and paid $270 for the both of us to go. Given the other activities that come with our package, I feel the staff at Sandals should have alerted us to the fact that our existing package already covered a lot of excursions and no addition costs were required. To be honest speaking to other guests, I feel the staff should do more to ensure guests know about all the excursions included in the package.

Overall had a great time, would defo go again......with my other half though and sincerely hope the company considers my cons I listed above.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
3  Thank lillies2012
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cannot speak highly enough of Sandals resort, staff & facilities. Our first visit to “ The America’s” and delighted with the warm welcome, attentive service.
We had been at Accra Beach for a few days, followed by a fabulous Sailing Cruise of the Grenadines on The Royal Clipper.
Our post cruise holiday at Sandals Dover Beach Barbados exceeded expectations & enhanced our scheduled plans to celebrate our Sapphire Wedding Anniversary throughout all of this year...2018.
Nice touch from reception noting our anniversary date & assigning the room matching our Soecial day/ month when we married 45 years ago.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Sandals Barbados and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Good service, good sleep, our location was ground floor with garden room outlook. Pleasantly cool.
Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited Sandals Barbados in 2016 when the adjoining Sandals Royal Barbados was under construction. We enjoyed our holiday so much we booked for 2018 and have recently returned from a two week holiday, again staying at Sandals Barbados.

The building work on the new site is now completely finished and we were amazed that the two resorts now appear to be one. The “join” is seamless and makes for one large amazing resort where the Sandals policy of “Stay at one, play at all” means you can stay at one resort (Sandals Barbados) and enjoy all the amenities and services of the other (Sandals Royal Barbados).

We stayed in a Crystal Lagoon Luxury Honeymoon Room with a Tranquillity Soaking Tub and a wonderful view of the garden and crystal lagoon. It was heaven getting up each morning and taking a cup of delicious blue mountain coffee onto our balcony to watch the resort “waking up” and being visited by banana birds and the occasional humming bird.

There are now a total of 17 restaurants to choose from plus numerous bars and activities. Reservations are required for 4 of the restaurants and reservations are made at the culinary reservation desk. We never had any problem making reservations thanks to Claire who was always so friendly and helpful.

Indeed all the staff were friendly and efficient for which we thank them all but our special thanks go to: Markson, head gardener whom we originally met in 2016 when we went on the garden tour. It was great to see him again and he kindly supplied us with advice on our koi fish and pond cleanliness. Tamisha our maid who kept our room supplied with fresh towels and sheets and who surprised us with ready drawn bubble baths complete with rose petals. Lovely Akeila and Itasha from the Red Lane Spa where we enjoyed a couples massage. Ramon the bar manager, who remembered our favourite drinks and made them up for us as we were walking to the bar.

And finally, not forgetting Brian from Maintenance. One lunch time, I tripped up going into the American Tavern and broke the strap on my sandal. The hostess took the shoe from me and said she would ask someone from maintenance to look at it. Before I had finished my meal, Brian presented himself to me with my sandal completely repaired. He was Prince Charming to my Cinderella! Thank you Brian.

We travelled to Barbados from Manchester and used Thomas Cook Airlines, flying Premium Economy. Both our Outbound and Return flights were excellent.

Everything about our holiday was lovely with no problems at all. We shall definitely be visiting Sandals again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple