See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

Convenient - But... Read why!

My wife and I came here years ago. It was our second date, and we slept in rooms miles apart! Our choice. Now we return from time to time - and sleep together. For us it is special, and for most people, convenient. However...

Convenient because - not difficult to find; overlooks the sea (at an angle); inexpensive; friendly proprietor and staff; a lift (elevator); nearby shops, restaurants, ice-creams, etc. etc. etc. Easy parking by the roadside.

However - the rooms are rather tired (our wardrobe door kept creaking open by itself); where is the restaurant? It has gone, and is now just a guest house.

But we will probably go again, because of that second date!

Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barrie L
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here as an overnight stop on a longer journey across the North of France, and it made for a nice breather. The hotel was right by the esplanade, which made it handy for walks along the front. It might sound like a small thing, but the views really are lovely if you are of a mind to watch the sun go down over the English Channel.

There was plenty of parking round and about, which was all free, and meant that you could get close to the hotel itself without any trouble. The hotel itself was quite nice - it had obviously been done on a restricted budget, but the owners had made it look nice in a vintage-y style. It was definitely clean and tidy, anyhow!

The chap on the front desk was nice and helpful, and had some hints and tips about the local area. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast buffet, so I can't comment on that, but I would probably recommend it, to be honest - even without trying it! We searched around for a cheaper alternative (at 8Euros each it seemed a bit expensive), but there wasn't really anywhere in town that served a simple coffee and a pastry.

Overall: good location, and pretty decent hotel for what was a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We didn't book a hotel before leaving England as we just wanted to stumble across a hotel that just caught our eye.
This hotel had a charming look, the dinning area on the corner of the building had massive windows showing off its classic side.
The reception was open and not closed till 4/5pm like lots of others, the hotel was spotless from top to bottom, a lift to all floors, wide open stairwell as well. The room was bright and fresh, the bed was so comfortable, bathroom was great with a shower from heaven.
Breakfast was freshly baked on the premises and was topped up all the time.
It was an overall great stay and recommend it to all couples.
The view of the coast was perfect and location was spot on.

Room Tip: Coastal views are the best, tad more money wise but so worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have to say that I was very disappointed by the "welcome" and by the cleanliness of our room. It's necessary to recognize that the owner makes works to improve the comfort, but his willingness is not enough...!
I think that considering the works he has to make, he would need to close the hotel and not to receive customers during this period. Many of them (customers) were disappointed.
The cleanliness of our room was really doubtful.
What an experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vladimir v
JURGEN W, Propriétaire at Hotel Le Littoral, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Vladimir,
Are you sure that your comment concerns HOTEL LITTORAL in Berck ? We had last months nobody from Ukraine, although we had some russians which gave us very good comments on booking.com where we have 8,1/10 - VERY GOOD. Moreover our hotel had been largely modernised this winter so I'm really surprised by your comment.
Best regards
J W

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I agree with Luminosity's review entirely. The owners are very pleasant and helpful, and I realise they can't make all the changes at once. The rooms are clean; however I do think it's a little unfair to make the same charge for all the seaview rooms especially the ones that badly need upgrading. We went as 2 couples. One of us had a 2nd floor room which was small but with adequate room, reasonably furnished. Ours, on 3rd floor, had dated wallpaper, paint peeling off the walls, no curtains (only nets) and a non-functioning blind. We didn't discover this until it was time to go to bed - by which time reception had closed. I had to rig up my plastic raincoat to serve as a blackout curtain. There was very little room to move, and I was pleased that we were only staying form one night The shower would have flooded the bathroom had I not used it as hand held only. The shower curtain barely gave enough protection against splashback. I was dismayed to see the room was right opposite the lift, but to be fair, there was no real noise from this, but there was no aircon so we needed the window open - so we had some traffic noise and some shouting outside in the street about 3 a.m. It is well situated for the beach and the town.

Room Tip: Be aware that if you book a sea view you will also face the street and get traffic noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends