Lowest prices for your stay
$34
$30
Priceline$33
Hotels.com$44
Travelocity$44
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2020

One of the best hotels in Kalibo. Situated at the heart of the town with easy access to parks,malls and with a 10min drive to the airport. More than the hotel's interiors and amenities, what really made my stay pleasureable was their staff. I have stayed at the hotel a couple of times before but it wasn't until typhoon Ursula hit Kalibo that i experienced how incredible the staff were. They were very helpful in every way possible, constantly giving me updates and helping me get a room since the hotel was mostly fully booked at that time of the calamity. I also want to commend Ms. Clair Marte, Mr.Yeoj Alonzo, the housekeeping staff and frontdesk staff for finding my wife's earings, going beyond the call of duty to contact me and return it to our helper. I greatly recommend that you try and stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

I've been to different hotels locally and abroad. I must say this boutique hotel has a very huge potential.

Pros:
1. I personally like the industrial design of the hotel.
2. FRESH and CLEAN rooms w/ new linens and towels.
3. Strategic location and easy access to transportation.
4. Good for short stays

Cons:
1. Incomplete amenities in the room. No minibar, slippers and hand towels.
2. Restaurant downstairs doesn't have variety of menu to choose from.

But overall, I still had a great stay and will recommend this to my family and friends.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
GQPlaza, Manager at GQ Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Dear Mtravelsss;
Thank you! What a wonderful review! Many thanks indeed for taking the time to write and express your satisfaction with our services. Such correspondence is always highly motivating but even more so when it comes from someone who has traveled and remarks more detailed points of what our services means to them. I shall take the greatest pleasure in passing on your kind words to our employees of GQ Plaza. I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. I remain with my best personal regards.

Reviewed November 6, 2019 via mobile

I’ve seen a lot of hotel, based on my experience in GQ PLAZA, it is a very good location for festival especially for atiatihan then we stay a room with balcony, this hotel is good for business purposes only because of the space was limited and then Ive notice that they are not providing a free slipper which must pay 100php, then I notice also that there bathroom is same step for the floor in the room it can cause accident if ever better put a cement there do the water will not flow outside.

The SERVICES I GREATLY APPRECIATE AND AGREE THAT THE WORKING EXCELLENT! Good job Guys! Start with the reception MS KAY AND MS RECHELLE, they are very approciable to their guest then services which they provide such as exchanging of floor towel, borrowing plates & cutleries and answering calls is a GREAT SERVICES FOR A SMALL CONVENIENT HOTEL! And the view is amazing!

I will be back again and i love it! By the way price is worth it! Thanks again!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
GQPlaza, Manager at GQ Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2019

Dear kristinejsexy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us and sharing with us your pleasant experience
during your stay with us. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote especially Rechelle and Kay.

We strongly believe in providing our guests with the highest services and utmost attention to detail
and nothing makes us happier than a confirmation of our guest’s satisfaction.

Your fine compliments are highly appreciated and we shall certainly share them with our team. In the
meantime, we shall endeavor to maintain and improve our services.

I hope to welcome you again at GQ Plaza in the near future,

Yours sincerely
The Management

Reviewed November 6, 2019 via mobile

Good location + Helpful staff made our stay excellent. Nearby to banks, resto, police station and park. Very convenient. We stayed for 2 nights and its a very comfortable stay. It's really worth the money.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank chuckie21
Reviewed October 3, 2019

I am so in love with this place I cannot even decide on which aspect to highlight. I can simply say “everything was good”, but that won’t do this treasure of a place justice. So I’ll go with the most logical way and start, as with everything, from the beginning.

When I started looking out for accommodations in Kalibo (this is for business, btw), I had only three considerations in mind: accessibility, cleanliness, and comfort. Having been to Kalibo town proper in the past myself, I already have a clear picture of lodging spaces available in the area. I knew there were no 5 or even 4-star establishments for sure, thus I managed my expectations.

I was pleasantly surprised when GQ Plaza turned up in my search. All reviews written about it, which were a lot for a relatively new hotel (note: it only opened in 2018 if am not mistaken), were positive. I got intrigued so I read up and did my research before finally inquiring. Rates were beyond reasonable. But what floored me really was the gracefulness, speed, and exceptionally kind manner by which all my queries and very specific requests were addressed. None of the template (often automated) response from other similar businesses. I was sold then, but of course, the true test of a hotel is in the, well, actual stay. And man, did it pass with flying colors.

From the moment I entered the lobby all to way to my room, I found everything to be in pristine condition. The choice of furniture, décor, and fixtures exudes an air of elegance. Things were colorful but not gaudy, professional without being stiff, and basic without scrimping on comfort. It was so much better than its supposed equivalents in terms of star rating in other more developed regions and countries.

One more thing I really would like to talk about is that this hotel has its own restaurant upstairs, where the quality of food matches that of the atmosphere— truly Filipino, warm, and pleasing to the senses. Granted, food was not Michelin-level, but it definitely did not disappoint. At one point during our stay, our team needed breakfast at 4 freakin’ AM and guess what? They did more than deliver. That is excellent and unforgettable service that is hard to come by nowadays, even in more luxurious accommodations.

I’d be hard-pressed to say anything that leave much to be desired about this place. But if I really have to, may I point out to anyone planning to book a room here that that they do not provide indoor slippers—a negligible shortcoming in an otherwise perfect visit. In fact, this is pretty much the case as well in other establishments at this level. It’s because GQ Plaza is so reminiscent of 5-star sophistication that one ends up having delusions of luxuries (like the slippers haha) offered by the latter. Just remember that at GQ you are paying for less than a quarter of what a fancier hotel (which does not exist in Kalibo btw) would charge. And do not be like me who always forgets to bring her own slippers, okay? Also, if room size matters to you, I suggest getting their Executive or Queen Rooms. I stayed in the Double Room and it had ample space for one luggage, a twin bed, and a study, which was more than enough for me, but may be a little small for others who are traveling as a group (why are you even staying in one room that's advertised as good for 2 people?), are carrying plenty of stuff, or those who enjoy running around or rolling on the floors of their hotel room.

To say I was satisfied with our stay in GQ Plaza would be an understatement. I enjoyed every moment. I adored everything about it. I have nothing but respect to every member of its staff, from reservation (thanks, Ms. Dina!), the guard, the drivers that shuttled as to and fro the airport for free (they did not even accept tips!), to the front desk (hi, Ms. Geonalyn and Rechelle!), and the kitchen crew (hello, July!). Mr Kim, kudos on leading such an exceptional team! I won’t be surprised if this hotel and its every member eventually rise to the ranks…. it’s the only plausibility that makes sense to me after my incredible experience here. Big thaaanks to everyone again. Blessings!

Room tip: Get a room with a window.
Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank DNthdegree
GQPlaza, The Management at GQ Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2019

Dear DNthdegree;

Thank you!

What a wonderful review! Many thanks indeed for taking the time to write and express your satisfaction with GQ Plaza. We are most delighted to learn that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. Such correspondence is always highly motivating but even more so when it comes from someone who has traveled and remarks more detailed points of what our services means to them.

We shall take the greatest pleasure in passing on your kind words to our employees of GQ Plaza. I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. I remain with my best personal regards.