“Great piece of Adventure”
Review of El Gato Negro

El Gato Negro
Ranked #54 of 138 Restaurants in Cabo Rojo
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Oh my God where I start, I live in Caguas, PR is about 2 hours far from this place, I go there eat least once a month and it never disappoints. Beer is always cold the appetizer and the entrée are to die for. If you love finger Food, Tostones Fried Seafood Tacos, etc. This is a most. Is Clean is not pricey great location to scape from San Juan. My recommendation is theSnapper or Stuff Mofongos!!!!
Clean A+
Staff A- ( Puerto Rico is Different From the States when it comes to Costumer Service)
FoodA+

Excelent for the family

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Just love it. Is my #1 election when I'm in Joyudas. The mofongo stuffed with fish is just delicious. My friend order mofongo stuffed with fried pork and looks great. The prices are just perfect. The view to the ocean is wonderful. Is not the first time I've been there but I'll go back whenever I can.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

On this small getaway with the family I decided to return to this old rest and remember my early visits of more than thirty years ago... The place the same, the food grate, the scenery just as good as the food, the owner ? The daughter
If you are on the west coast make it a point to put it on your list.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Lets just say that we couldn't wait more than 2 hours for just drinks and tapas. It was ridiculous and we left. Paid for drinks but the food was so slow in coming out and my family was so famished; We had to leave to go to another local restaurant.

1  Thank JeannetteC308
Reviewed 20 April 2016

We heard there was a whole stretch of great seafood restaurants near Joyuda. And of course most were closed on Wednesday when we were there. El Gato Negro was not, and was on our short list, which shortened the list to one. They definitely don't waste money on decor. We sat on the back deck overlooking the water. Who needs decor? Spouse had mofongo relleno (stuffed mofongo) with conch; I had octopus and cornsticks, plus brownie a la mode and cheese flan for dessert. I don't usually like flan but the cheese flan was really good, as was the rest of the food. This is not a stuffy kind of seafood place. Very casual. The road out front is very busy. We were having trouble backing out, so a kind woman standing by went out in the road to hold up traffic so we could get out. So nice of her!