“A Gem in Joyuda”
Review of Bamboleio

Bamboleio
Ranked #2 of 147 Restaurants in Cabo Rojo
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: Local, very fresh, creative seafood, and puertorrican favorites specialties. Panoramic sea view and artisan bar.
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I had heard about this place and went there yesterday for the first time.
Situated on the water in Joyuda, the place is decorated eclectically. Tasteful, bright and attractive. Background music wasn’t intrusive but added ambience.
The menu is a step up and apart from the usual menus often found in Joyuda.
Drinks menu varied and so different! I ordered a Lavander Mojito which was just DELICIOUS.
Appetizers were excellent. The cheese balls with guava sauce were great and the rice “ tostones” topped with Octopus and Conch were excellent!!
We ordered whole Red Snapper to share and it was just perfect! Prices are a little higher than the norm, but for quality and quantity well worth it!
I will definitely go back there and definitely recommend it!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

What a bad place... great view, interesting looking menu BUT awful service. We even had to ask for napkins. We asked for a menu item which they did not have but nobody cared to inform us until we asked... 25 minutes later. Very expensive and the quality is so so.. do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. Lots of good restaurants around.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I had a late lunch on my way back to Ponce and this place pleasantly surprised us. The fish was fresh, the passion lobster was really good and the dorado appetizer was amazing! This place is on my list to return, whenever I am in the area

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

The service was friendly and fast. We ordered the Mero with rice and the Churrasco with mofongo. The fish was fresh and really tasty. We also liked the churrasco. The restaurant also has a nice view.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My sister suggested this place and definitely she was right. The service is excellent and so is the food. I love that you can create your own dish. I never thought that a MAHI MAHI tempura with guava sauce was going to be so good; my favorite thing to get from there. The Shrimps are the best I’ve ever had by far. The paplapa (Mix of mashed potatoes, plátanos and guineo?) was great but is not always available. Also, the owner was there, making sure we had a good experience. We ordered a few drinks, Tom Collins, Pink Flamingo and they’re great. I definitely recommend this place but make sure you call ahead of visit and make sure what is available from the menu, they get fresh fish from the locals, daily, which sometimes results in not having the complete variety of dishes available.

Date of visit: April 2018