All reviews ramen place to stay wide beach pool table beachfront room piece of paradise dive shop rooms are spacious white sand san juan thomas tide sunset island backpackers globe bedding
Reviewed 31 January 2019 via mobile

I just had a fantastic stay at Tori’s Paradise with my girlfriend. This hotel has it all! It is a beautiful beachfront property with nice white sand to take walks, pictures on or just relaxing on. If, scuba diving is your thing, the most experienced scuba diver on the island is onsite. There are 2 nice dives just out front with amazing muck and reef diving. Then relax at the swimming pool (with slide) with a delicious margarita made by the lovely ladies at the bar. Feel like playing a game of pool with ocean view/breeze, Tori’s has you covered. The nonsmoking bar and restaurant are meters away from the ocean, and serves delicious food specials and island drinks, try them, you won’t be disappointed. The complementary breakfast is great way to start the day, lots of selection to choose from to satisfy your hunger. The rooms are spacious, clean and have comfortable beds with great ocean views. Want to book an island tour in a AC van or nice tricycle, the friendly folks at the front desk will help you with that. They also provide Moped rentals at a competitive rate. What I especially loved about this place is the management and their welcoming vibe. Thomas, Ria and their adventurous daughter will make you feel at home. This is a great hotel for families, groups, and backpacker who don’t want to be in crowded Laurena, Siquijor City and San Juan. It is situated in the middle of them all so each is less than a 10-15 minute moped ride away. We had an amazing stay at Tori’s Paradise, thank you for your hospitality Thomas and Ria, see you next time.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed 24 January 2019 via mobile

I’ve never written a review before. It’s my first time, yeah! I work in the service sector and I don’t like the complaint culture that has become commonplace online. I’m not the complaining type, I like to think.

However. However...

Sometimes you encounter a service that doesn’t seem to be providing an actual “service” but rather seems to be scamming you, ruthlessly ripping you of your hard earned cash and refusing to show any remorse.

Yesterday morning we booked two nights at Tori’s Paradise. I won’t make an ironic joke about the name, it would be too easy.

During the course of last night it became clear the room was a booby trap. Someone’s going to get hurt. Three times we got electric shocks turning on the lights and plugging in the kettle - proper electric shocks, scary. And to get to the dodgy old air con going you had to stand on a wheely chair - so dangerous.

The shower water was just sea water so you couldn’t get clean. There was constant banging from next door so couldn’t sleep. The sound on the tv was buggered. The WiFi was a myth.

We are English and don’t really like to cause a stir but after a grim night we politely asked if we could cancel our second night. They said no. Not cool as far as I’m concerned but hey life’s too short, we decided to just leave and find somewhere else and forget about it.

As my girlfriend walked back to the room to pack our stuff she stepped in dog poo. This dog poo had been on the path right outside the rooms when we arrived 24 hours before, no one had cleaned it, even though it was on the path to all the rooms it just sat there the whole time we were there. I pointed this out to the manager. Her reply, laughing, was “it’s not our dog”

Now we just wanted to make a French exit and be done with it but we had to collect the laundry we’d left with them the day before. When it came it was stained with massive bleach stains all over it. The managers reply, again laughing, god bless her, ‘we didn’t do it, it was the laundry boy’.

Sometimes you serve someone a bad meal. If I serve someone the wrong food and if it isn’t cooked properly and could poison them, I wouldn’t make them pay. I certainly wouldn’t make them pay for another meal that they haven’t had yet. What I would do is apologise.

Any hotel with an ounce of self respect would’ve offered a compensation. If not a compensation then a refund for the night we will not be staying there. And if not that, is it really too much to ask for an apology.

THE MANAGER REFUSED TO APOLOGISE. When I asked her why she wouldn’t, she said, laughing again, and I quote: “WE GET THIS ALL THE TIME, EVERYDAY” (!!!!!!!).

I asked to speak to the owner but they didn’t even try and connect me.

And now look at me, I’ve lost my faith in humanity. And my girlfriend has poo on her shoe.

Date of stay: January 2019
2  Thank 1JoeR2019
Reviewed 4 December 2018 via mobile

Let’s start with the pro’s...
- I liked the dorm rooms that we occupied. There’s 19 of us and we were all comfortable. We paid P600/night for pur own bed, A/C and private bathroom.
- We enjoyed the buffet — we wiped out tje entire buffet, more like it. LOL
- Nice beach view, pool isn’t so bad.
- Place is near the port.

Cons (why I’m giving it two stars)
- Staff and owner didn’t seem friendly and accommodating. At one point we asked to borrow some plates and they charged us P30/plate. We thought it would be a fun idea to buy food from their market and cook our own food while in the resort. To make the long story short, it was a terrible idea.
- The water there tastes weird. A bit salty. I’m not sure why.
- Everything else is expensive.
- Not that many options in their resto menu.
- There’s no signal (for globe subscribers) while inside their dorm rooms.

Customer experience is everything. I would not return to this place/not recommended.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2018

my room was quite big, with air cond

location is nice in a quiet calm area, right in front of a clean beach

service and staff is very very average, just asking them a question seems like you are annoying them to an extreme degree

swimming pool is bad and old

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I didn’t like this hotel at all. It’s very overpriced, the premises are derelict, service very poor, the room, situated in an ugly building, was only made on request (!!!!). Overall, I got the feeling that we were not welcome. We should have known better bcs we were brought there by a tout, which inevitably means a higher price. Also, establishments who rely on this kind of marketing usually neglect what should be their primary concern: give a good service to clients.

Date of stay: July 2018