“Uncompromising”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I had the pleasure to be at Locanda Pozzetto several times. They were always good, the food excellent, however this time they went beyond any expectation!
Despite they had few problems with some staff not showing up at work that day...we confirmed our reservation. The lady (I assume the owner) who attended on us was basically taking care on her own alone of all tables. Therefore we all were ready to spend some patience and wait...unexpectedly the service turned to be excellent, even better than usual, I thought! Not much to comment about the food: each and every bite was divine, ingredients are among the very best I've ever tasted in my life and the chef really knows how to achieve the best out of those. Servings are very generous and, surprise, prices very very very very very very honest!
Locanda deserves to be visited also because of the fantastic location and the stunning view!
A kinda Michelin starred restaurant where they know how to treat genuine ingredients and guests...

A must try!

1  Thank The_Gourmand2014

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I had dinner at this restaurant with a group of friends and we left with mixed feelings. We sat down around 8 p.m. and left after midnight, which indicates that something went terribly wrong with the service.

We opted for a degustation menu for the whole table and the food was good, not stellar, but good. Portions were sized correctly, except for dessert which was really just a couple of bites.

Personnel was kind, but some waiters seemed to be running around without really getting anything done. On top of that, there were problems with the ice-maker, which resulted in water and wine being a bit warm.

All in all, it ended up being a nice dinner, but I'm not sure I'd recommend this place if I'm in a hurry.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Super and high standard food, nice atmosphere. Fantastic view over Lago Maggiore. The hotel is also nice woth wonderful rooms. Include the breakfast. Perfetto.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

Up there you will have an amazing view of Lago Maggiore! the food was really good, with an excellent chef! The service was really nice with us! I really recommend it

Reviewed 3 September 2015

We visited the restaurant with the previous chef and probably our expectations were very high. The location is very nice (or better beatiful), the food is not really at the same level of the view, anyway also the cost is now less than previously.

1  Thank Fabiano G