“Breakfast”

The Artisan Cookhouse
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Strangford
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Description: Contemporary Bistro in Strangford, County Down. Using the best of local seasonal produce, cooked simply, letting the ingredients sing for themselves. We pride ourselves on providing high quality and professional service in a friendly and relaxed environment.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We called here for breakfast with a group of 22, they got us a table to ourselves and the food was great, couldn't fault it

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Drove to Strangford today after this restaurant was highly recommended to us. We were certainly not disappointed. As we didn't want a large meal we opted for the soups. My husband ordered the soup of the day which was mushroom and celeriac - a lovely combination. I had the seafood chowder which was delicious - full of fish and nicely chopped vegetables and potato. Both were served with their Guinness wheaten and portion sizes were generous and adequate. Staff were welcoming and attentive. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

for me, having eaten here before and loved the food, perhaps the most delightful thing about this bistro is the fact that it is cyclist friendly.
I cannot now do any kind of Ards peninsula circuit on my bicycle without have this as a way-station.
Today was no different inasmuch as my ribs were meeting in the middle with hunger on the ferry crossing because I knew that in a few short minutes I'd be tucking into the most delicious bacon and pancakes imaginable.
Sat outside in the sun, pancakes, bacon super crispy, warm syrup and an excellent large cappuccino and life was good indeed.
Spotlessly clean and great staff well turned out.
Can't wait to get back !

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had lunch with a friend there last week and it was just wonderful. I don't normally eat 3 courses but everything was just so delicious I pigged out and had pudding too! The soup (curried carrot with the most melt in the mouth hot bread roll) was wonderful on a cool day, then we both had the chilli chicken - tenderest I have ever tasted and beautifully presented on a black plate with lime jelly and various little delicacies to tickle the taste buds - the sweet potato fries were a delight too and finally a little lemon tart with violet ice cream. Very friendly staff, great service and the place itself is wonderful - spacious, pale grey and white with paintings on display - so relaxing. Temperature just right - not too cool or too warm. Have been raving about it to friends and going back in a couple of weeks. Prices reasonable for top quality food.

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to the Artisan at least 10 times now. Easily the best restaurant in Strangford. Staff are always friendly and welcoming and the service is excellent. The food is delicious and there are always tasty vegetarian options. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Strangford!