“Very Profession Dive Center with Great Dive Spots”

Savedra Dive Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Savedra Dive Center, winner of the CGP Best Nature Experience 2012 award, is in the center of Panagsama beach.Just a few meters from the shoreline and our house reef and minutes away by boat to the best dive sites in the area.Savedra is Moalboals only PADI 5 star Instructor Development center and PADI Tec Rec training center.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Owings, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very Profession Dive Center with Great Dive Spots”
Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have been Scuba Diving since 1983 and I am a PADI Pro so I have seen a lot of dive shops over the years with both Good and Bad experience and everything in between. First off the staff at the dive center is very accommodating and looked after us very well. The setup everything from us being picked up in Cebu City at the airport as well as our return. Also our accommodations as well as our diving. Everything went perfect. It is nice to be able to deal with one place to set up everything we needed.

Specifically for Savedra Dive Center and Scuba Diving. I did 15 dives with them and all went very well. It was nice we kept the same guide all week (Oscar). But we interacted with all the staff and other dive pros. First I have to say Oscar we a fantastic guide. I am pretty good at spotting life underwater, but wow he spotted more micro life than I have ever seen anybody do. Also just a great person to hang out with for a few days. The shop was setup perfect from places to keep out gear while not diving to areas to clean all of you gear and even showers for us to get the salt water off between dive. If you need anything just ask and it appears. Another positive that I love is the Air Tank fills were fills. So many places short your air which can shorten your dive. In 15 dives not one tank short on air. The boat and boat staff were fantastic. Boat was a great dive platform and even in rough water due to some weather made for a good ride out and back. The boat staff always took our gear to the boat so no carrying all of your gear back and forth between dives. They do 3 dive locations a day for daytime trips and even off night diving. Between the diving the boat comes back to the shop so you can relax there or at your room between dives. Also they have loads of dive sites to choose from. Most of which are wall dives. They even try to accommodate request dive spots when possible. They did for me!

Type of diving vary. Most are wall dives. The wall dives are incredible I was fortunate to see Spanish Dancers which is not something you see everyday to large octopus and everything in between as well as fabulous coral. The house reef is incredible as well with sardines running and I am not talking one or two. I am saying hundreds of thousands. Even a Airplane wreck dive. So much to choose from I hated to leave.

Although I did not personally do any training with Savedra I did observe their staff. Very professional and caring. Not looking just to pass people through to make money, but to make sure they were trained correctly. I have seen so many places just pass people through just to get the next. They were not like this at all. I am sure to someone just wanting a certification and to do it in a hurry they might not like this. But I can tell you it is important as it is not just for the safety of their student but also for the people they dive with. I have to given them a A+ in the training I observed while there. So if you want to get certified by a Dive Shop that will do it right and cares about you and the environment Savedra Dive Center is the place for you.

I could go on and on about how much I enjoyed my time and diving. So thanks to everyone at the dive shop and hey if you can get Oscar to lead your dives I promise you will not be disappointed.

Visited March 2017
Lee B, General Manager at Savedra Dive Center, responded to this review, yesterday
Hi tjakesphotography

clearly a lot of time and thought went into this review, thank you very much for that, these reviews are extremely valuable for helping other divers make a decision as to where they should spend their time.

Very happy you enjoyed your time with us, we hope to see you again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“House reef can be covered by self snorkelling”
Reviewed 1 week ago

We had booked 2 dives with Savedra. The first was shore dive to see the sardines for which you just need to swim out a few meters to the water and go down as its a sudden deep after a bit of shallow. We saw millions of beautiful sardines and corals but what we felt is- if you are a good swimmer and confident in water then you can just rent snorkels from locals shops and go see the sardines yourself (only if you are staying in saverdra rooms thou). There may be other spots along the water front but the spot just outside the savedra hotel was definitely beautiful.
Our second dive was book as Boat dive to perscador island but we were told we could not do that as we are just beginners and pescador has high currents. But i think they were just overbooked so wanted to keep it easy and gave us the option to take boat ride to another easy sport where we can see turtles.We did enjoy the dive and saw turtles so no issues there. The dive master was super nice and helpful and made sure we were able to feel comfortable and see most of the things.

Visited February 2017
Hi Megha
rest assured if you were told that a dive site was unsuitable for your skill/training level, it was done with your best interests in mind. We have several boats, if one fills up, we supply another, that wouldn't have been a reason to keep you from a dive site.

Diekirch, Luxembourg
“Always nice being back”
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great staff, good equipement, good boats, all you need to feel safe and make great dives with local and international guides and instructors

Visited April 2017
Hi again Fabien, always good to see you back here, until the next time

Hillsboro, Oregon
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Good Dive Company for the Philippines, Average for the Rest of the World”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The employees are all really nice, not exactly helpful, but very nice. They always seem to be playing catchup with what is going on in the office. You need to sign up for your dives a day or two in advance to make sure they aren't full, so be prepared to wait a day or two after arriving in high season to get out on a boat. Not the most efficient place to dive, but not bad either. They were safe and professional in the water, which is the most important to me.

Visited February 2017
Hi PilotDags

During busy periods such as the Easter break it will be busy. Booking ahead is recommended anytime, but essential during these periods. You elected not to book in advance, we did our best to accommodate you, but naturally those that did book will be given priority.

Saint laurent D'aigouze
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Rude and arrogant instructor !!”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

To start off, i want to point out that I have never written a bad review about any place I've been to but this was a particularly bad customer experience.

So I planned to do my advanced course with Savedra last week and had exchanged emails with one of their staff, up to this point I had no problem whatsoever.

The day I was supposed to be starting my course I showed up at 9am as requested and was greeted by the person that was going to oversee my advanced course over the next two days, I was greeted by a cold arrogant Turkish guy, cant remember his name, it started with and "F".

Anyways i had not dived in a while so whilst going through some information to get me back up to scratch, whilst trying to exchange small talk with the instructor, he was the coldest most arrogant person I have met along my travels, the "I am better than you" type.

At this stage I was thinking i'm going to be stuck with this guy for two days over 5 dives and was not looking forward to it at all.

I was finally saved by the medical form, I have a slight back problem, which would require me to see a doctor, but the doctor could not take me in until 3pm which meant I could not dive that day, so I decided that I would switch schools, do my doctors appointment that day through another school and start my dives the next day, even when he told me that I could not dive that day he had a smirk on his face as if he was happy about the whole situation.

I told them I would not have enough time to do my course if I could not dive that day just so I could get out of there asap.

I did randomly meet another dive instructor from the dive shop, a blond english girl and she seemed very friendly, so they are probably not a bad place to dive but if you are going i'd advise you to ask for one of the other diver instructors, it might save you a few days of unpleasantness.

Visited March 2017
1 Thank Brendan B
Hi Brendan

it's worth considering that dive instructors work on commission, it's not in their interests to turn people away, when to do turn people down due to medical problems it demonstrates a lot of responsibility from them. Customers coming to us for dive courses have a great deal of choice in terms of where and who to train with, if our instructors are not charming, they will not have an income.

Fortunately I overheard this entire conversation, it seemed to me that you were not so happy to find out that you had to visit a doctor before diving, this required Firas (the instructor in question) to stand his ground, I applaud him for that, to do otherwise would put you and the dive center in jeopardy.

It's also worth noting that you left here, went directly to another dive center (Blue Abyss) and lied to the Instructor (Sam Cooper), you did not mention your back problem at all, small town!

All considered I would say this paints Firas in a positive light, not so for yourself, a pity that you choose to use TripAdvisor as a form of revenge.

For the benefit of others reading this, dive courses require a medical questionnaire to be completed, if those questions indicate a condition that may not be compatible with Scuba Diving you will need to visit a doctor. We can send these forms ahead, this can help you plan your trip a little better and avoid unfortunate surprises.