All reviews free shuttle dive centre dive crew stayed nights sea turtles resort sunset shore privacy
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I've been to Moal Boal so many times that I thought I knew the best places to stay. This resort was one that I "had" to book as all the usual places were running out fast.
Sampaguita resort is situated in the sleepy town of Tonggo. Peaceful, simple homelike atmosphere. With an authentic warm, friendly staff always going the extra mile.
Definitely coming back to this hidden gem.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Jorja M
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I had a fantastic week at the resort. The location is great, then dive crew were very flexible and met all my needs. There was also a free shore dive that can be done in the afternoons which was great. The food was plentiful, and the masseur we had was fantastic. My only issue was that there was no internet in the rooms. The dive centre was being renovated when we were there.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scubabunnie
Gaspare D, General Manager at Sampaguita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear scubabannie,
Warm greetings from Sampaguita.
Thanks for having chosen Sampaguita. Your kind words will go a long way in helping in informing and motivating other enthusiast divers to chose the Sampaguita Resort and Gangga Divers for their Diving Holidays. Our Dive Center is now nearing completion and shall offer better comfort to all our guests. Completion continues without disturbing the daily operation and offers a diving experience that complements a great holiday.
We all look forward to welcoming you back at Sampaguita where we do have some surprises for our returning guests.
Thanks again and warmest regards
Gaspare and the Sampaguita Team

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Room was comfortable with good air conditioning, everything was very clean and neatly arranged. Beautifully situated near the shores with stunning mountain, sea and sunset views.

The service was EXCEPTIONAL. I was travelling with my relatives, had a bit of complication with room arrangement as there were 6 adults and 2 children. I'm sorry I have forgotten the names, but the staff were amazing. They did their best to ensure the comfortability of our stay, as well as a great experience!

A big thank you to the management team as well for accommodating to our needs beyond expectation!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Gaspare D, General Manager at Sampaguita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Anastasia,

The Management and the Staff of Sampaguita Resort wish to thank you for having chosen Sampaguita Resort for your recent break in Moalboal, and for your lovely and warm review. With your words you have expressed the overall spirit of service and hospitality at Sampaguita. I will have to confess to you that before managing informal resorts like Sampaguita, where the sea and the personalized attention to guest's needs are the essential elements of the guest's experience, I have for 40 years managed only 5 star resorts; hence, Sampaguita strives to offer a 5 star experience in a simpler but charming, comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
At Sampaguita we are continously but quietly upgrading and adding services and facilities, however, without disturbing or changing in any way the peaceful spirit of our hospitality.
Thanks again for your compliments, we look forward to welcome you back.
Warmest Regards
Gaspare Davi
GM

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Great accomodation and food buffet, helpful and kind staff, wonderful views on the sea, well maintained garden... all this contributes to a successful stay. A perfet all-in-one formula where fresh water is always available in the restaurant and even excellent sweets in the afternoon.

Don't hesitate to go snorggling right in front of the hotel, you'll be happily surprised to see turtles (normally everytime you go, you see at least one), nice corals, puffer fishes and much more.

Diving is good, with the amazing schools of sardines in Moalboal along the coast and Pescador Island. All sites are closeby (Max about 20-30 minutes), which is very convenient, However, I was a bit disappointed not to have the occasion to consult books on site allowing divers to identify various fishes encourntered. My gauge did not work and I could not have one in good condition. I know most divers have a personal diver computer but I don't. I think that's a basic information any diver should have.

So gloabally a great stay still with some possible improvements oin the dive centre to be really perfect.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I booked Samaguita resort last minute based on the reviews I read here. I wanted one night after canyorneering and whale sharking of relaxation before our next destination to Palawan.

Unfortunately, my friend got really sick during our stay there. I was out of the resort at that time and received a text message from the resort that they brought him to the nearest hospital, about 30 mins away. They truly went above and beyond in accommodating our given circumstances. They even made sure to have food saved and ready for us when we arrived back to the resort after a long day at the hospital. The staff and driver stayed with us from start to finish in the hospital and didn't charge us, they allowed us to make calls and rearrangements from their office and we decided to stay an extra 3 days until my friend recuperated. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING was done so, with professionalism and compassion.

I cannot be more thankful to the wonderful staff. Everyone from reception, to the driver, to the manager, the waiters, masseuse, and waitresses and waiters, to the chefs and the staff at the dive shop... you all were truly incredible! Their hospitality is something I will never forget for the rest of my life. Their impeccable services truly went above and beyond at a time of need.

Maraming Salamat sa iyong lahat. I can never thank you enough ! I promise to visit soon ! Truly the best of the best.

From the bottom of hearts, Thank you for everything. -TJ and Cat