Sampaguita Resort
US$64
US$45
US$41
  • Breakfast included
Savedra Beach Resort(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$266
US$172
US$63
  • Restaurant
US$15
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Sun Xi Mountain Retreat(Cebu Island)(Great Value!)
US$23
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgangga diversfree shuttledive sitessardinesopen waterdive crewrestaurant barcebu airportkawasan fallsstayed nightsa great staypescador islandseaturtlesresortaccommodationreef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights and despite the initial rainy weather, we enjoyed every second of it. The location is very good, diving run by locals - authentic fishing boats - nice atmosphere and professional. Food was perfect: healthy, tasty, just enough. Our room was simple with nice touches such as a yoga mat. Amazing corals, plenty of turtles and interesting marine life. Favourite dive: Pescador, anti-clock wise.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

1 week of holidays in Sampaguita for diving. Hotel is vers good with a very efficient staff. Diving club is very well organised and diving spots close to the cost. Dive Master and boatmen very professionnal. I strongly recommand Samoa guitare hôtel

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Gaspare D, General Manager at Sampaguita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2017

Dear ftu01,

We read with pleasure your comments after your holiday in Sampaguita, and wish to say thanks on behalf of the Management and Staff. We work hard for fulfilling the promise of a safe, happy and refreshing holiday. We are delighted that the promise has been maintained but we also shall work for improving what is already good.
We wish you many satisfying holidays and hoping to be able to welcome you back,
Warmest Regards
Gaspare and the Sampaguita Team

Reviewed January 24, 2017 via mobile

We lived on the resort next door but we're unhappy with the food there so we decided to go ower to Sampaguita to see if they were any better.

And I am happy to inform that buffet that was served was well worth the walk over.

Fresh food and friendly staff in an very cosy environment deserves a big thumbs up.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrik L
Reviewed January 16, 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights in transit to Kawasan Falls & Oslob as we heard Moalboal was a beautiful place, and indeed it is! The resort was exactly like the pictures on the website and on tripadvisor so we couldn't resist not to book. Despite the resort being quite secluded and far from the main town, the view from the lodge to the sea was maginificent. The staff are lovely and so helpful, they even helped us (English- speaking only) tourists on connecting us with private drivers to get us to Badian (Kawasan falls) and Oslob for whale shark swimming. Super thankful!

But this isn't the reason why i'm writing this review. The main reason is because i am truly and utterly grateful for one specific reason. On the early morning of checkout (approx. 5am) to go to Oslob, I had forgotten my tablet/laptop in the safe of our resort room. My clumsy and forgetful self did not realise until the day after check out. I had called the resort immediately once i got to Cebu airport on my way to Manila, and they had found my laptop and kept it in a safe place and even kindly mailed it to me to Manila!!! This item was so important to me and I am so thankful for such honesty of the housekeeping staff and the manager of Sampaguita resort!!! I am so happy and grateful that i even offered to pay more for the shipping and courier costs to Manila but the manager didn't accept. She was so kind and great with communication, texting and calling back and forth. The item was packaged so safely and securely due to the typhoon that was about ti hit Philippines too! Their high quality service with honesty, integrity and support has truly and will continue to go a long way. I am back in my home country of Australia, and i only wish them a prosperous, successful new year because they all deserve it :) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I will never forget this experience. From a super, grateful Australian :D

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rae_calugay
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

We were really surprised by the quality of the lodging, which was not to our expectation regarding the price paid.

The accommodation are cabins in the local architecture style which is neat. The amenities inside are outdated; old fridge, bathroom very small and not renewed for 20 years, electrical cables stapled on the walls.

There is no phone to call the reception, no TV. All in all the lodging quality was more like an hostel than an hotel for 250 euros per night (room for 3).

The package was inclusive of meals but quality of them wasn't worth the price. The cooking was very average like any filipino restaurant in the village that would have been cheaper.

Also location very remote of the village and rough road that it discouraging leaving the place. Evenings are particulary boring... they even don't have board games or cards.. only books (in many languages), each of them minimum 500 pages... what about short novels, comic books, magazines?

For divers, snorkeling on the house reef is nice and you may spot some turtles!

I would not recommend that place as long as they don't cut the price by half as it's not worth it. We stayed in much nicer and cheaper hotels in Philipinnes that were up to international standards.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends